Michelle Bachman wins Straw Poll

but who cares? She'll never win the nomination and will never be president. I'm extremely uncomfortable with our current president who is a Marxist and a Muslim (or at least strongly identifies with the religion) but I would be even more uncomfortable with a woman presiding over the country. Have you seen Bachman's Husband? Looks like a complete perverted whack job. Rick Perry or Mitt seems to be it but with Perry, someone, somewhere made a great comment, all Obama needs to say is "Another Texas Governor" and Perry is toast.
Bachman wins? We are doomed. I know the straw poll is meaningless, but they must be kidding.
COG they are not kidding. Not in the least.
Bachman/Palin 2012. Would make Obama/Biden look like God/Moses. HA! Even the pain of tragedy can be eased with humor.
someone, somewhere made a great comment, all Obama needs to say is "Another Texas Governor" and Perry is toast. Originally Posted by Dondo7
And if the economy is in a similar state to today, all a challenger needs to ask is, "How's that hope and change working out for you?"
Bachman wins? We are doomed. I know the straw poll is meaningless, but they must be kidding. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I believe the eligible voters in this particular straw poll were those who had tickets handed out by the candidates. So, the vote appears to be a function of which candidate handed out the most tickets and got the most people in the room. Not exactly a fair representation of the support for a candidate, but certainly good for TV and news organizations.
An Iowa straw poll includes anyone who shows up. They call anyone standing in Iowa that day an Iowan for polling purposes. These polls are popularity contests and how many committed supporters can you get to come to Iowa. Do you really think Ron Paul has this kind of clout (talk about committed supporters)?

There would never be a Palin/Bachman ticket or the reverse. Personalities aside the politics would not work. Running mates should complement each other covering the others weaknesses. Realistically one female candidate is a bold statement and inevitable but two female candidates had the smell of a stunt. It will be another generation before you get two extraordinary women running together just like the boys do.

The result of the straw poll is for putting politicians out of the contest like Pawlenty. He had to show that he had a certain level of support and failed. Now if you are a second tier candidate like Paul or Cain then a solid showing can keep you going.
I can't even remember who won the straw poll in Iowa 4 years ago. I think it might have been Huckabee. I could look it up, but it would defeat the purpose of pointing out two points 1. Four years later, I have no clue who won and 2. It definitely wasn't McCain who went on to win the nomination.

In other words, coming in #1 in Iowa's straw poll plus $2.00 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
Winner and second place finisher were Romney and Huckabee. You can look it up under the Ames Straw poll. It doesn't even pretend to be scientific but the media acts otherwise. Take it for what its worth.