Backpage nightmare!

Has anyone else had problems with backpage ads? On Sept 1st I have had nothing but issues with the site. My ad removes itself. Then this morning my ad was altered replacing my number with the HPD main number and a disgusting picture. Is this happening to anyone else? Has this ever happened to anyone? I have been in contact with backpage for days. They insist someone has access to my email accounts. I have called Xfinity an had my IP address changed. Purchased a new wireless router, changed all my passwords, purchased norton anti virus. Set up firewall. I even created new accounts, My ad still will be placed for about 20 min then my email alerts me that I have removed my ad. WTH?? At 34.00 a sponsor ad this is an outrage. Now a mystery anyone have any similar problems or solutions? None of my other accounts have been compromised or accessed. Just backpage. I still cancelled all my CC and alerted my bank....

Alyssa

PS: This is the picture that replaced my beautiful ones! Go ahead have a laugh..

Staff Edit: Pics of genitalia are not permitted. - Mojo
That is messed up. Wish I could help but dont post on that site period! This is the fist time of me ever hearing something like this.
I've never heard of that happening to anyone! Is BP working with you at all?
  • Trey
  • 09-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Staff edits to fast I didn't get to laugh.
I think I know what happen back on the 28th I posted an ad here on eccie. In that ad I accidently included a link to my ad management to backpage.http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...44#post3127444
Everyone knows Backpage is linked to email accounts. So after days of trying to fix the problem I am still not able. I have changed all my passwords to all my emails associated with backpage. I even created a new account with a gmail instead of yahoo account. After all that someone is still able to log in my backpage account and edit/delete. Crazy! I know. So even after changing all passwords doesn't keep my hacker out.Would anyone have any suggestions how I might resolve this? I do know that the only place I posted was here on Eccie with the link. Wow hacker..you're doing a great job!
Right about the time frame you are discussing there were some "attacks" on internet provider(s) that were passed to subscribers by way of fake notifications ... and the "firewalls" were useless ... and I know it may be difficult when on the move but I don't use wireless for any financial transactions. I monitor emails with a cell line, but do not upload or download any financial information ... when I travel I carry my own "wire" so I don't rely on wireless. The only time I every had to do it in a room .. I ended up having problems ...

FYI: IMO Norton causes more problems that it cures.
This might cause a heart attack for some but I agree with LL. Wireless, as easy as it is to provide at a coffee house etc.. unless you use some serious security, opens up doors to problems... Wired is secure... as for online banking... wise not to do that wireless..
  • bbkid
  • 09-06-2012, 06:48 AM
FYI: IMO Norton causes more problems that it cures. Originally Posted by LexusLover
True. So very true.
Still no luck
Hell ya $34 for sponser ad, I would be pissed!
Hell ya $34 for sponser ad, I would be pissed! Originally Posted by bustyamy
I don't get pissed...I just move on and find the solution All is resolved ...Thanks for all the kind Pm's
Take the HPD number and post it in ads for free Ipads or something.