OJ Was Innocent, Too

This disgusts me.

Kelly Thomas, a homeless man who suffered from schizophrenia, died in hospital in 2011. He had beaten, tasered and kicked to death by cops from the Fullerton County Police Department while begging for mercy. The sickening incident of police brutality was caught by a surveillance camera.

On Monday, three former police officers (removed from the force following the incident) walked free: Two were found “not guilty” of murder by a jury while charges against a third officer were then dropped. Those familiar with the case have reacted with disgust at the impunity.

We know from surveillance footage that former Fullerton officers Manuel Ramos and Joseph Wolfe and former Cpl. Jay Cicinelli gave the 37-year-old, unarmed, mentally ill man confusing orders that he could not follow. We know that he tried. He cried out “I’m trying,” “I’m sorry.” We saw some of the six officers involved in the incident stretch Thomas’ arms behind him until he cried out in pain. We heard Thomas scream “Dad! Dad!” 30 times as he was lying on the ground gasping. We saw that the beating continued. Officer Ramos said to Thomas, “Now see my fists? They are getting ready to fuck you up.” A graphic (warning) image of Thomas’ face following the beating surfaced on line and can be seen here.

But a jury has ruled these men not guilty of murder.

As the verdict was read Monday, NBC reported, the victim’s father Ron (himself a former Fullerton PD deputy) “burst into tears, kicking or stomping his foot.” ”Where do we really find justice any more in our justice system? It has been proven right here today that they will get away with it. They will get away with it,” Thomas’ father said.

And it indeed seems the courts will provide no justice here at all. And so what is left to say, except: No justice, no peace.

There is a link to the video of the beating in the article. Truly disgusting.

http://www.alternet.org/cops-who-bea...eath-walk-free
Jury was prob scared shitless of retaliation.
fuck the POlice!
Awful. I'm thinking the DA overcharged them. A murder conviction requires intent and the jury gets a specific instruction on that....I bet a couple of the jurors got hung up on the idea that while the cops acted wrongfully, they didn't intend to kill the guy. Pure speculation but after seeing that video, it's hard to understand how a jury wouldn't convict on some lesser charge like manslaughter that doesn't require a showing of specific intent.

I agree though....fucking power-mad bully cops.
All of you Houstonians should remember 1977 and "Pappy" Bond's killer cops.

Holy CHIT!
  • CJ7
  • 01-15-2014, 10:23 AM
dats sum fukd up chit fer sure.
Truly reprehensible what happened. No excuse for it and even worse how the DA screwed it up
  • BJerk
  • 01-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Very bad beating - where is their humanity?