Good Duck Dog

• EZ.
  • 09-11-2014, 10:25 AM
I was an avid duck hunter when I lived in southern Louisiana. I was fortunate to have several excellent Chocolate Labs.

When I married my second wife, we went to New Orleans for the honey moon. She had never been there and she wanted to go on the paddle boat cruise. Having already been on that, I was not very exciting for me. Being most of the morning, it gave me ample time to have a few beers. When we returned to the hotel, the taxi driver was of great assistance helping me back to the room. That instance was etched in my wife's mind for two decades. I was always amazed that she could remember this but would forget to pick up my laundry.

I think that it is harder to train a woman than a good duck dog.
I have a black lab I trained. She is my hunting buddy. She is getting old now. Just a couple of seasons left.
I was an avid duck hunter when I lived in southern Louisiana. I was fortunate to have several excellent Chocolate Labs.

When I married my second wife, we went to New Orleans for the honey moon. She had never been there and she wanted to go on the paddle boat cruise. Having already been on that, I was not very exciting for me. Being most of the morning, it gave me ample time to have a few beers. When we returned to the hotel, the taxi driver was of great assistance helping me back to the room. That instance was etched in my wife's mind for two decades. I was always amazed that she could remember this but would forget to pick up my laundry.

I think that it is harder to train a woman than a good duck dog. Originally Posted by OldLRRP
yep know what you mean. My last wife bless her soul and RIP did that to me after another but different mistake. I called my previous wife's name at a party of her new found friends. which of course raised question, who is he taliking abot. Damn,
  • EZ.
  • 09-12-2014, 10:44 AM
I have a black lab I trained. She is my hunting buddy. She is getting old now. Just a couple of seasons left. Originally Posted by diddleman
My lab would get a beer from the refrigerator. She slept at the foot of the bed. For years, I expected to hear her feet hit the ground when I got up. That dog would attract the women every time I took her somewhere.

I bought my grand daughters a boxer. They are prefect around small children. You can get as rough as you would like but close the the girls, she becomes a lamb. They are very energetic and remain puppies until they are three or four.