Another NBA owner bites the dust..

Looks like the NBA owner's club could start a Klan meeting...LOL

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1931047

Atlanta Hawks owner Bruce Levenson to sell team, admits to sending racist emails in 2012

Levenson said that he had been struggling to find ways to increase attendance, and he was working with team executives to “build a more diverse fan base that includes more suburban whites, and I shared my thoughts on why our efforts to bridge Atlanta's racial sports divide seemed to be failing,” when he wrote the stereotypical racist terms.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz3CejTI000
The politically correct, multiculturalism, diversity collapse continues...
  • WTF
  • 09-07-2014, 01:01 PM
That is wtf they get for not backing Sterlings private conversation being bullshit as a reason to sell.
It is not hard to understand. Why pay an exorbitant amount of money to watch thugs play street ball.
It is not hard to understand. Why pay an exorbitant amount of money to watch thugs play street ball. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Maybe I missed the sarcasm, but are all NBA players thugs? Does that include Dirk and Kevin Love? Vince Carter? Chris Bosh? How about Jeremy Lin?

The problem with this situation is that the nuance between "racist" and "racial" has been lost in an age of hypersensitive political correctness, which allows guys like Al Sharpton and Rush Limbaugh to have a larger voice than they should.

The reality is there are many whites in the south and other places that are uncomfortable around black people in many situations. Watching their favorite running back play for their Alma Mater or pro team is cool; moving next door, dating their daughter, or being "old friends" with their wife? Not so much..lol

I've observed and experienced this myself, having live throughout the south all my life. This is no secret. There's no reason to get all in an uproar about that statement.

It's also true that wealthier white families are the ones that buy the majority of season tickets to NBA games, because they can afford to, and as an NBA franchise owner you need them to feel safe and included so they can come to the games.

These statements have a racial component but they aren't racist. Donald Sterling was a different matter that shouldn't be lumped in with this guy.

As a black male I want these topics to be discussed openly so they can be cleared up, to the extent that reasonable people are willing to learn something new. I hate to see this situation get swept under the rug of political correctness.
It is not hard to understand. Why pay an exorbitant amount of money to watch thugs play street ball. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
A raciest mod ?
If it would get me $2 billion for my business I'd let loose a huuuuuuuge string of racial slurs.

Paul Allen did the NBA a huge favor. Mark Cuban knew the individual owners couldn't hold up to the scrutiny and the dangerous precedent it would set to force the Donald Sterling to sell.
Maybe I missed the sarcasm, but are all NBA players thugs? Does that include Dirk and Kevin Love? Vince Carter? Chris Bosh? How about Jeremy Lin?

The problem with this situation is that the nuance between "racist" and "racial" has been lost in an age of hypersensitive political correctness, which allows guys like Al Sharpton and Rush Limbaugh to have a larger voice than they should.

The reality is there are many whites in the south and other places that are uncomfortable around black people in many situations. Watching their favorite running back play for their Alma Mater or pro team is cool; moving next door, dating their daughter, or being "old friends" with their wife? Not so much..lol

I've observed and experienced this myself, having live throughout the south all my life. This is no secret. There's no reason to get all in an uproar about that statement.

It's also true that wealthier white families are the ones that buy the majority of season tickets to NBA games, because they can afford to, and as an NBA franchise owner you need them to feel safe and included so they can come to the games.

These statements have a racial component but they aren't racist. Donald Sterling was a different matter that shouldn't be lumped in with this guy.

As a black male I want these topics to be discussed openly so they can be cleared up, to the extent that reasonable people are willing to learn something new. I hate to see this situation get swept under the rug of political correctness. Originally Posted by blackmaleindallas

I'm done with the Bull Shit NBA. Does that make ma a racist?
I'm done with the Bull Shit NBA. Does that make ma a racist? Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
I have no idea based on the information provided. You may not like basketball. You may not like sports. Who knows?
I have no idea based on the information provided. You may not like basketball. You may not like sports. Who knows? Originally Posted by blackmaleindallas

I used to like the gladiator sports in the coliseums, but now I'm Done with it. All those black players in the NBA is just Raycissst...
Levenson won't be the last.
They should have listened to Cuban. Once the ball starts rolling downhill, it is very difficult to stop.

Every one of the rich white owners have probably uttered some derogatory little remark at one time or another. Told a joke in a private setting. Something that the mob might exploit.

It's just a matter of time.

I think it is hilarious.
  • WTF
  • 09-07-2014, 07:31 PM
If it would get me $2 billion for my business I'd let loose a huuuuuuuge string of racial slurs.

Paul Allen did the NBA a huge favor. Mark Cuban knew the individual owners couldn't hold up to the scrutiny and the dangerous precedent it would set to force the Donald Sterling to sell. Originally Posted by gnadfly
The weird thing is they did Sterling a huge favor by making him sell and butt fucked themselves with the precedent they set for themselves.

• WTF
  • 09-07-2014, 07:36 PM

s. Originally Posted by blackmaleindallas
Sharpton is calling for more minority ownership but not racial quotas in term od player make up. Should 65% of the team be white?
The weird thing is they did Sterling a huge favor by making him sell and butt fucked themselves with the precedent they set for themselves. Originally Posted by WTF
Technically the NBA owners never took the vote to force him to sell. They took the vote to ban him from the club. His wife (and likely others) arranged the deal to sell it to Paul Allen for waaaaaaay over market value so Paul can move the team to Seattle.

What's strange is that about 4 years ago the New Orleans Hornets couldn't find an buyer and the NBA had to assume ownership.

This may be a case of an owner purposely wanting a bail-out.
Sharpton is calling for more minority ownership but not racial quotas in term od player make up. Should 65% of the team be white? Originally Posted by WTF
Hell No, that would be raycissst. 90% black players is the minimum... fucker