Getting the (Your) Word Out

• Loxly
  • 08-04-2016, 10:24 PM
I'm not about to try and peer into the minds of Providers but I do often wonder why some choose not to advertise on a regular basis. And this isn't particular to Austin but all over. I've heard the "No one calls" routine but silence when I ask if they've posted an ad.

While some are on everything but milk cartons others hardly post availability at all. Great if business is that good but still seems like it'd be wise to let folks know you're around.

Might actually save us Mongers some time when we search.

Imagine an "on/off" switch Providers could throw so their showcases wouldn't show up when doing a "Search Providers". Sort of like a vacation email response.

I do love reading the ads. Especially from our creative ladies like Ms. Valentina, Asian Ann and many others.

Anyway, it's been a slow night and I'm sticking to my "killing time" byline.
  • Mokoa
  • 08-04-2016, 10:47 PM
...Imagine an "on/off" switch Providers could throw so their showcases wouldn't show up when doing a "Search Providers". Sort of like a vacation email response. Originally Posted by Loxly
Actually, that ability is already in the system and has been for a long time.
If I know I'm not going to be available for certain dates or if traveling,I'll put it in my signature.
When I'm slow, I post my ads, reply to ISOs & in SNATCH thread. But when I'm getting requests or working RW job, I may not post anything at all except coed.
I have never been a fan of posting ADs. In my experience (and opinion) ADs will generate same day business and request volume but rarely attract advance planning or extended dates. Unless you are visiting a new city, advertising a rate change, sharing new photos or a special event, I think there are better ways to attract new (or old) friends. Again: this is just my opinion, based on my experience.

I prefer to keep a yahoo group, where I blog or share my schedule, or allowing stratigically placed reviews, especially if the encounter was extended/overnight/or unique in nature. I have been known to smother my lovers in birthday surprises, so those reviews showcase more aspects of 'Klovve' as a person and provider. Most questions a prospective date has can be answered by a little review research. It also doesn't hurt to shoot over an email, which has always been my preferred contact method. I am rarely available for same day appointments, unless you're an old friend or favorite. If I'm being completely honest, old favorites get preferential treatment because a rapport has already been established and who doesn't love spending time with favorites?

There are more creative ways to advertise and brand yourself, you aren't limited to filling space in the "provider ADs" forum

Sorry for the ramble, and I will probably catch some heat for my opinions but voila - here ya go
I have never been a fan of posting ADs. In my experience (and opinion) ADs will generate same day business and request volume but rarely attract advance planning or extended dates. Unless you are visiting a new city, advertising a rate change, sharing new photos or a special event, I think there are better ways to attract new (or old) friends. Again: this is just my opinion, based on my experience. ..... Originally Posted by klovve
Exactly!

Every darned time I place an ad I get a slew of...."Can I see you now?", "Are you available in an hour?", "What about this afternoon?"......

The first thing that pops up in my mind is...."Who in the hell are you? I don't even know your name?!" Forget getting any screening done.

Sadly, there has been a drastic change in the hobby market in the last several years. Long gone are the days where men and women enjoyed the anticipation of a date, the planning, the flirting, genuinely enjoying our time with each other, etc. We've resorted to SNATCH threads, BNG, QV, and my favorite...."how fast can I get my dick wet" mentalities.

I know the above sentiment won't make me popular amongst many here. And that's fine. But for anyone who has been around for more then 5-7 years, you'll know exactly what I mean.

I'm a planner. I absolutely love the anticipation of an upcoming date. I can't just turn Alisha on, because someone wants to see me 30-mins from now. It's not how I function, and I won't apologize for that, nor will I change.

So...I roll with the punches of today's market. I place ads every now and then. It lets everyone know I'm still around. I always post them within 24-hours notice of availability. If I place an ad any sooner than that, it will just get lost in the mix. And every now and then, someone who prefers to not live their life spur of the moment, will come my way. It is what it is.

Truth be known, I'm way more available than what I post. I just prefer to not go through the constant same-day requests every time I do put up an ad.

Alisha...xoxo
...."how fast can I get my dick wet" mentalities. Originally Posted by Simply Alisha
LOL, guilty!

This is a funny observation of life especially outside the hobby. Kids take pictures on a phone or digital camera then go to preview it immediately. McDonald's has a 30 second serving guarantee. Amazon 2nd day shipping isn't fast enough and now we have Prime 1hr delivery. I think guys here confuse provider ads with the short notice thread and I've seen providers post an upcoming weekend visit on the SNATCH. Let's hit those report post buttons and self police. A report button on the mobile version of the site would be good too.
This is very informative. I think some guys get the impression that no ad = no availability when all it takes is a polite email/pm and you may find otherwise. Same day might not be available, but it might. I am in a position where it is hard to plan ahead but asking for an appointment in 30 minutes with a lady you haven't seen before seems pretty unreasonable.
I'm sure there are alot of us that are available even if we don't post in SNATCH or an ad.
But even though we might be available with short notice, it doesn't mean that we will see anyone. We may just see regulars with short notice unless the lady doesn't screen or if you give alternate screening to be able to see the lady quicker.
There are times that references may not get back for a couple days, which doesn't help when a guy only has a small window.
I'm sure there are alot of us that are available even if we don't post in SNATCH or an ad.
But even though we might be available with short notice, it doesn't mean that we will see anyone. We may just see regulars with short notice unless the lady doesn't screen or if you give alternate screening to be able to see the lady quicker.
There are times that references may not get back for a couple days, which doesn't help when a guy only has a small window.
Very interesting thread... wish I had more time to comment...

I just happened to have a conversation with an experienced Hobbyist, after me whining about the usual being too busy and not wanting to prebook due to potential cancellation on my part, that he mentioned something that was also reason for me to not book more than a day in advance and to book preferably the same day:

You start dreaming / fantasizing / living (and that is the key) the session before it happens.... and guess what ... imagination flies and way too often the session itself becomes disappointing (in your mind).

So, while that may not be the norm, this puts another perspective on it, as some of the Ladies who commented have given their perspective.

THX for a great thread (so far)
Good points by all. This is just a general statement, but I would encourage us all to be mindful of too many assumptions regarding why/how a provider runs her business based on a limited body of knowledge. Actions that appear as one thing, often can be done with entirely different intentions. While there is truth to many observations, certainly not every sub-category functions the same.

I wasn't aware of the on/off function but is a great tool and will probably use it from time to time since I have limited availability often. I thought Gingerlynns recent hiatus setup was adorable as well.
Well, in case some might know this about me, I have regular hours that you can count on and I am always at my apartment incall 10-5 mon-fri. that way know you can always have last minute availability with me because I hang out at the incall on regular hours. today is Saturday and I am here, most Saturdays 10-2 as well. then with my super dependable hours, I do not have to advertise as much. the guys that want evenings or sunday have to book in advance. I advertise when I think of it or if it is slow, but it is not as important for someone with regular hours. I do try to use snatch thread a couple of times a week to remind the newbies that I am here and what what my hours are.
One Size Does Not Fit All

There never has been nor will there be One Single Plan of Action for providers, nor, for hobbyists, for that matter, that fits any one person's needs.

For that matter, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of very UTR providers and very UTR hobbyists herein (boardwide) for whom their handle is merely a limited or immediate communications tool.

So, therefore, visible "presence" on the boards is nothing these folks want or desire. Some actually attend social events on a regular or part time basis. But they are very well vouched, usually by established (and very visible) providers and hobbyists.

Thing is, there are many many resources out there for all of us to use -- if we want to and if we know about them. But for many of us, the hobby is more or less a part time thing, so why waste time looking for resources you might never need to use. otoh, those with certain fetishes, for example, are barely here, but very visible elsewhere.

The universal answer is "I am having fun."
LOL, guilty!. Originally Posted by sickbastard
Like that, eh? I'm full of one-line zingers. My sense of humor tends to be pretty crass, so I hold back a lot. I'm known for being quite embarrassing because of my mouth...lol

[/QUOTE]This is a funny observation of life especially outside the hobby. Kids take pictures on a phone or digital camera then go to preview it immediately. McDonald's has a 30 second serving guarantee. Amazon 2nd day shipping isn't fast enough and now we have Prime 1hr delivery. I think guys here confuse provider ads with the short notice thread and I've seen providers post an upcoming weekend visit on the SNATCH. Let's hit those report post buttons and self police. A report button on the mobile version of the site would be good too.[/QUOTE]

And I think you're onto something here. We, as a society, have gotten extremely spoiled on the "instant gratification front". We want what we want, when we want it. And nowadays, you can get just about anything instantaneously. And it's evolved that way in the hobby, sadly.

People just need to step back and take their damned time! Geez...this is NOT a race, folks. Just take a look at the ISO section here in Austin. Majority of the posts are same-day. What is with the rush-rush mentality. It's sex folks....it's not meant to be fast and rushed.

Again...how fast can I get my dick wet mentality.

Then again, I'm old school.

A~
The whole purpose of ISO and snatch is to benefit the great many mongers who will only book when they are horny and who suddenly find themselves available. They are Not interested in scheduling an event somewhere down the road when they may no longer be horny or available with time and extra cash to blow.

I get prescreening but if I'm horny today and have to book someone for 3 days from now I will simply rub one out and cum to my senses losing all desire to waste my Benjis.

For me the hobby is like ordering pizza. I seldom waste my money on fast food but if I happen to be starved and too lazy to cook I'll pick up the phone. Odds are highly unlikely in 3 days or maybe even tomorrow that I will still be in the mood for pizza.

We're ordering convenient sex. We're not planning a RW dinner date.

You have to catch us while our dicks have momentarily disabled our brains making us willing to blow hundreds just to get off.