ASPD IS GONE!!!!! :( FOREVER!!!!!

Well I Was In Mid Conversation On ASPD When I Believe They Turned The Lights OFF And LOCKED The Doors For The Last And FINAL TIME!!!!!

This Is The Beginning Of The End!!!!! I Hope EVERYONE Made It Through To The Other Side OK!!!!!

AND Now On To The NEXT Chapter In This Never Ending Saga Of The MOST INTRIGUING HOBBY EVER!!!!!

Everyone's Favorite Flower,
Lilly
Alas,

I first heard of ASPD in an ad by Trysh in Texas Adult Guide: "Reviewed in ASPD". I couldn't believe my luck in finding such a great resource that takes so much of the uncertainty and risk from the hobby. I'll miss the site, but I am damn glad I got here, just in the nick of time I see.
I tried to get on about 15 minutes ago. Sad indeed.
Hangs head in reverence. There is no way I would have had so much fun in Austin in the 2000's without that website. The board is dead. Long live the board.
I learned of aspd through the agency I was with... It opened a whole new "independent" world for me. I would not be who I am today if it weren't for asps. I'm truley sad to see it go. My everyday life won't be the same... Lets hope eccie will fill that void.
Howdy, Folks.
Attached Images File Type: jpg Picture 30.jpg (21.2 KB, 475 views)
Good to see you Pony.

I can't make out the "last post". What was the jist?

(& Pony, please tell me you saved some of your posts / reviews regarding the storage facility.....some of the most entertaining reads I ran across)
  • kurth
  • 01-07-2010, 07:29 AM
ASPD was a valuable resource for so many for a long time. It had a remarkable run. R.I.P. to a great website. But, c'est la vie...
Farewell, ASPD and thank you.
Yes, it is a sad day. I "got my start" you could say on aspd and met a lot of nice folks there. I will also say that this site is awesome and I'm looking forward to being really active here and seeing familiar "faces" and hope that when we all bump in and "reconvein" we will have this place to meet new friends and share our past good memories and all be met with respect and courtesy. This board has great leadership and I am looking forward having a great time here. So, yes it's a bit bittersweet but I think that change is good and this is definetely good change =)
Good to see you Pony.

I can't make out the "last post". What was the jist?

(& Pony, please tell me you saved some of your posts / reviews regarding the storage facility.....some of the most entertaining reads I ran across) Originally Posted by Durango
Howdy, Folks!

Durango,

As far as saving some of my posts - here was a personal favorite:

http://web.archive.org/web/200504160...hreadid=189400

As one can see - ASPD still lives on - sorta. Kinda like Baldur did in the Norse Religion - after he died and entered the underworld, the Gods could visit him, but only speak of the past to him...

Here was "The Gist:"
Attached Images File Type: jpg Picture 31.jpg (21.5 KB, 397 views)
Excellent.

Well done, Pony.
Howdy, Folks!

Durango,

As far as saving some of my posts - here was a personal favorite:

http://web.archive.org/web/200504160...hreadid=189400

As one can see - ASPD still lives on - sorta. Kinda like Baldur did in the Norse Religion - after he died and entered the underworld, the Gods could visit him, but only speak of the past to him...

Here was "The Gist:" Originally Posted by Baloney Pony
Good job Balony! Great post.... ASPD will be missed but not forgotten! Let's hope ECCIE can continue where ASPD left off.

I was on ASPD around 9ish pm and the last person I saw online was the Princess, Vikki Lynn, as the lights went out!

Good Bye APSD
Thanks and Farewell, ASPD and thank you.
Think I posted a total of 12 times in 3 years. But I was there, at least 5 times a week, reading, learning, laughing. Even though I was just the quiet kid in the back of the class, I very much enjoyed those of you that got up and shared your stories.

Hopefully, we've just changed schools . . . and the students have remained the same. Here's to a new school!