Ocasio-Cortez says growing cauliflower in community gardens is 'colonial'

• oeb11
  • 05-23-2019, 07:18 AM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oca...lower-colonial
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said Sunday that growing cauliflower in community gardens is part of the “colonial” attitudes that her Green New Deal will stamp out.
The New York Democrat, who introduced the proposal to tackle climate change by radically transforming the economy, posted a series of Instagram videos filmed in her home state talking about community gardens as a “core component” of her proposal.
DANIEL TURNER: OCASIO-CORTEZ HAS AN AGENDA FOR BIDEN – AND IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING
“What I love too is growing plants that are culturally familiar to the community. It’s so important,” she said as she filmed a community garden in the Bronx.
“So that’s really how you do it right. That is such a core component of the Green New Deal is having all of these projects make sense in a cultural context, and it’s an area that we get the most pushback on because people say, ‘Why do you need to do that? That’s too hard.’”
She went on to add that growing cauliflower in such gardens is a “colonial approach” and the reason communities of color oppose environmentalist movements.
“But when you really think about it -- when someone says that it’s ‘too hard’ to do a green space that grows Yucca instead of, I don’t know, cauliflower or something -- what you’re doing is you’re taking a colonial approach to environmentalism,” Ocasio-Cortez said.
“That is why a lot of communities of color get resistant to certain environmentalist movements because they come with the colonial lens on them.”
Ocasio-Cortez has emerged as the key Democratic voice on how to tackle climate change, going as far as to slam leading presidential candidate Joe Biden over reports that he’s exploring a “middle-ground” approach to tackling the issue.
ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ APPLAUDS BILLIONAIRE'S OFFER TO PAY OFF ACADEMIC DEBT, BUT SAYS STUDENTS SHOULDN'T HAVE TO RELY ON GENEROSITY OF OTHERS
But the latest Instagram stories aren’t the first time Ocasio-Cortez linked climate change and the oppression of communities of color.
Last month, the freshman Democrat said the migrant crisis is due to climate change, adding that if the U.S. doesn’t pass legislation addressing climate change, the U.S. would “have blood on our hands.”
“The far-right loves to drum up fear & resistance to immigrants,” she tweeted. “But have you ever noticed they never talk about what‘s causing people to flee their homes in the first place? Perhaps that’s bc they’d be forced to confront 1 major factor fueling global migration: Climate change.”
“I think what we have laid out here is a very clear moral problem,” she said at the House Oversight Committee. “If we fail to act or if we delay in acting, we will have blood on our hands.”
Senate Democrats in March failed to reach the 60 votes necessary to begin debate on the Green New Deal proposal, with 42 Democrats and Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., voting “present.” The lawmakers said they didn’t vote for the proposal because it was brought to a vote by Republican Senate Majority Leader for political purposes.
CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP
Ocasio-Cortez also said in February that “there is no justice and there is no combating climate change without addressing what has happened to indigenous communities… That means that there is no fixing our economy without addressing the racial wealth gap.”

Using "Climate Change" to justify equalizing income in the US -

Growing "Cauliflower" is racist and anti- indigenous peoples - Yeah -from a Puerto rican Girl who's just dying to meet cha!

AOC is out of touch with reality.
Love that she calls her followers "SS"!!!
colonial???? what is AOC blathering about?
she is just Ignorant ,,,,,,,,
You right wind Trumptards with your low IQ red hats can piss and moan all you want over AOC but there is not one of you who would turn away the chance to eat Reese’s Pieces out of her ass if you had the chance!
You right wind Trumptards with your low IQ red hats can piss and moan all you want over AOC but there is not one of you who would turn away the chance to eat Reese’s Pieces out of her ass if you had the chance! Originally Posted by Solemate62
Thats a strange fetish, lol.
  • oeb11
  • 05-23-2019, 08:42 AM
SomeOne is projecting a DPST Fetish on Others.

I would not touch AOC with Michelle's dick!
Others are welcome to their masturbatory Fetish fantasies!
Isn't this hate speech? How can we allow someone's unreasonable hatred for a Greek vegetable on our hallowed site? Remember the Bush years when George I said that as president he no longer had to eat broccoli? The media went crazy on that for 48 hours.
SomeOne is projecting a DPST Fetish on Others.

I would not touch AOC with Michelle's dick!
Others are welcome to their masturbatory Fetish fantasies! Originally Posted by oeb11
I would tear up Candace Owen's vagina like there was no tomorrow.
I think that what you grow is dependent on the local weather and environment, isn't it?

Are the agricultural extensions/government help offices in the deep South also colonial?

Is taking Cuban tobacco and growing it in Puerto Rico cultural appropriation?
You right wind Trumptards with your low IQ red hats can piss and moan all you want over AOC but there is not one of you who would turn away the chance to eat Reese’s Pieces out of her ass if you had the chance! Originally Posted by Solemate62
No I wouldn't and it is people like you and her that make me hate what this country has become.
  • oeb11
  • 05-23-2019, 03:12 PM
Candace Owens is a very intelligent and highly attractive woman!
I like turtles
I think that what you grow is dependent on the local weather and environment, isn't it?

Are the agricultural extensions/government help offices in the deep South also colonial?

Is taking Cuban tobacco and growing it in Puerto Rico cultural appropriation? Originally Posted by friendly fred

is Venezuela colonial????
is Venezuela colonial???? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
If not racist...
I like turtles Originally Posted by mrredcat43

well! the legendary redcat cruises through the forum, a first if i'm not mistaken.

don't be a stranger!