Scam Emails

Anyone else get those scam emails, about blackmailing people with revealing their activities? I knew they were all BS, until I got one recently that shows my p411 log in. All the numbers and letters to. Should I be worried or just ignore it. Also, would that mean p411 had a data breach?
Just last week I got an email from someone asking me advice because this same thing happened to him. They wanted a payment in bitcoin otherwise would out all his activities.
I think P411 may have had a breach. I suggested that he contact P411 and explain his situation. Maybe they are aware. They usually post a notice if there is an issue. I went on and checked, when I was contacted, and there were no recent notices. I didn't know the person who inquired with me but I advised him not to pay anything. I wondered if it was a recently contacted provider from P411??? If not, they must have been hacked.
Just last week I got an email from someone asking me advice because this same thing happened to him. They wanted a payment in bitcoin otherwise would out all his activities.
I think P411 may have had a breach. I suggested that he contact P411 and explain his situation. Maybe they are aware. They usually post a notice if there is an issue. I went on and checked, when I was contacted, and there were no recent notices. I didn't know the person who inquired with me but I advised him not to pay anything. I wondered if it was a recently contacted provider from P411??? If not, they must have been hacked. Originally Posted by SweetNikki505
The thing is, I haven't used my p411 in years. I took a break from everything. So who knows. Maybe I'll get in contact with them, and see what's up. Thanks for your input. Very much appreciated. And I won't pay their fee. If it comes out, oh well.
I also had a gentleman contact me last week in regards to receiving a blackmail email that included his P411 handle. He said he reported it to P411 and they shut down his account. He also said that was the only information specific to him within the email and they also wanted bitcoin to pay them off.

I swear I saw a tweet a few weeks ago where a provider asked if anyone had heard about leaks via p411. I cannot find that tweet nor can I recall which provider had posted it. Something fishy is certainly going on.
As we know P411 has gone through a transition.... It is suggested that security of their data would be increased. In the past they did share some information when an issue occurred. My first thought, when I read the info from Josh, was that a no longer reputable lady has decided on a new retirement plan. A data breach would suggest that wholesale levels of information was out and that we would see a deluge of attempted extortion. Short of seeing and hearing nationally about the extortion I feel an individual player and or their cohorts may be the cause.

Perhaps a cross reference, off line of course, of the ladies they have seen over a certain period. Josh says he was out for a bit so that is a time frame that can be omitted. The fact that you two were among the folks the guys reached out to is not a surprise to me. I would suggest that your stellar reputations and experience is useful to many a gent. If more gents have been involved I hope they share so that this is resolved quickly and safely.

Please let us know if a conclusion is reached.
I received an email today and informed P411. We'll see if they respond. I suspect like others that they been hacked.
Got a reply from p411. The have assured me that no personal information of my had been leaked. That once you've been verified, they do not keep records of personal info. Also they asked for a copy of the email to forward to their internet security. I can't speculate any further, no do I feel satisfied. I have no clue how that info got out. Maybe from a provider that was hacked. Or I just answered a false screening info. I don't know. But be safe out there guys and gals.
Something about this just does not sit right with me. So I asked around a bit. Unfortunately, all I have is hearsay at this time. What I was told is that this scam has been going on for at least a year and has involved clients in other states. Also something was mentioned that the scammer may have had passwords as well.

I much prefer concrete facts to rumors. However, I do find this to potentially be important. If this is true, this would mean that it was going on prior to Gina leaving. It would also mean that the liklihood of it being a provider is slim. If it was only locals receiving this then it could be a bad apple for sure. Keep in mind, that unless you contact us with a PM, prescreening request, or booking request we cannot see your ID or profile at all. We simply do not have access to it.

Something is definitely going on and if this has been going on for a year then the breach (whatever it may be) is still accessible to the scammers since local clients are recently receiving the emails.
Something about this just does not sit right with me. So I asked around a bit. Unfortunately, all I have is hearsay at this time. What I was told is that this scam has been going on for at least a year and has involved clients in other states. Also something was mentioned that the scammer may have had passwords as well.

I much prefer concrete facts to rumors. However, I do find this to potentially be important. If this is true, this would mean that it was going on prior to Gina leaving. It would also mean that the liklihood of it being a provider is slim. If it was only locals receiving this then it could be a bad apple for sure. Keep in mind, that unless you contact us with a PM, prescreening request, or booking request we cannot see your ID or profile at all. We simply do not have access to it.

Something is definitely going on and if this has been going on for a year then the breach (whatever it may be) is still accessible to the scammers since local clients are recently receiving the emails. Originally Posted by Brielle Devonshire
Yeah. I don't have any real confidence in their answer. Felt like a PR statement to me. Anyways, I've noticed an increase of these problems from Twitter. So who knows what is really going on. But, just gonna say be safe out there.
I received an identical email, which contained my client ID. However, I immediately knew this was a scripted email from a wannabe hacker, because the remainder of email was total BS, mentioning my "significant other", which I don't even have. It simply had my name and client ID pasted into sections where other people's names and ID would have been. And here I thought a provider I reported for multiple NCNS was the one who leaked my info.

Also think, they had to know which email address was linked to which client ID. So not only did they know the client ID, but they know which email it belonged to. My concern was that such info was released to a database, instead of just 1 person.

This is why I only put pertinent info on my P411 profile. I don't put my phone number on my public profile, and use 2 factor authentication.

They were helpful in securing my account when I contacted them. I do not know if there was hack or not, but apparently I'm not the only person this has happened to.
I found this in the Shreveport Co-Ed area.

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2644501
Inspector Devonshire on the case. I was certain that you would have useful contribution. As I read the email I was struck by the dollar amount being referenced as "US". Leads me to believe an international influence because we would all domestically assume the funds should be US.
Inspector Devonshire on the case. I was certain that you would have useful contribution. As I read the email I was struck by the dollar amount being referenced as "US". Leads me to believe an international influence because we would all domestically assume the funds should be US. Originally Posted by Fangotosand
That was also brought up to me. I do not think that is the case, per se. Since bitcoin is not a traditional currency, I think they are merely doing the conversion for you. Such kind scammers, right? However, that does not mean that the scammers are not international.

What I do not understand is why this has not blown up? Why does there seem to be very little information about this? It seems like quite a big deal that someone has gotten access to multiple P411 ID's and the corresponding email addresses for those accounts.

Btw, I am kind of regretting missing my opportunity to name myself Gadget. Yeah, I have an affinity for lame jokes...
That is curious why this isn't a bigger deal. As much faith providers and clients alike put in to that P411 site, you'd think the outrage would be bigger.

I am wondering about the guy in your link that said he found the email was originating from within a file on his computer, like it was infected at some point. WHERE would that infection have come from and how would the email still be so explicitly directed to him with his P411 info?