Climate scientists struggle to explain warming slowdown

Hmmm . . . Maybe they were wrong to begin with?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...93F0AJ20130416

That is a rhetorical question right. How can so many scientists be so wrong? It is like that they were suddenly overcome by somekind of herd think. Right over the clift they went.

They haven't found a new way to doctor the data since they were busted at U of East Anglia. Stay tuned cause they're committed...too much money in it to walk away.
  • zme
  • 04-18-2013, 06:38 AM
That is a rhetorical question right. How can so many scientists be so wrong? It is like that they were suddenly overcome by somekind of herd think. Right over the clift they went.
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
What people just completely fail to understand is that science is not a democracy. It only respects facts, not votes. It does not matter how many scientists think an incorrect opinion is correct. Nature itself will not change to respect their opinions, it is the scientists who need to change.
When Einstein proposed the theory of relativity the overwhelming majority of physicists said it was wrong and in fact completely absurd. When Chandrasekhar proposed that stars above a certain mass would turn into black holes the great majority of scientists said he was completely wrong. In both these cases and in many others after putting emotions aside and looking at the facts (which took many years) others were forced to concede.
That does not suggest that scientists are always wrong. But if they are confident of their opinions they would not have a problem defending them with facts alone rather than using spurious unscientific approaches like "most of us think they are wrong". When ever a scientist says that you need to be worried. And as the scandal from the IPCC scientists at the University of East Anglia showed, there is probably the most calculated conspiracy in history to suppress the opinions of those who even mildly challenge the notion of man-made climate change. Anyone who has read the emails can easily see that. If they were confident of their opinions they would welcome, not reject scrutiny. Einsteins theories on the speed of light were proven correct by Quirino Majorana in the process of trying to disprove them. Sound science welcomes scrutiny because it only makes it stronger.
The challenge in trying to clearly understand how the climate is working is groups like the IPCC actively trying to suppress facts and voices that challenge their methods and conclusions. The only consolation is that science itself is pristine and immune from manipulation. Eventually facts have to emerge as they seem to be doing now and hopefully then there will be some clear understanding of what is happening with the climate that we can all believe in.
Hmmm . . . Maybe they were wrong to begin with?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...93F0AJ20130416

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

What a relief I was watching the glaciers shrink and was worried.Now all is well in the world again..

What a relief I was watching the glaciers shrink and was worried.Now all is well in the world again.. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I wouldn't worry about the glaciers. Whether they shrink or grow, some genius scientist will use them as proof of global warming caused by man.
  • zme
  • 04-18-2013, 07:47 AM

What a relief I was watching the glaciers shrink and was worried.Now all is well in the world again.. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Actually as you might recall the antarctic ice sheet is growing. This too is mentioned in the article and there have been other articles on the subject. Yet another thing that the IPCC failed to predict but now that it has been observed they are trying to come up with creative unscientific explanations of why it is happening.

Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Real Scientists never bought into the "Global Warming" craze that Al Gore imposed on everyone.
Ahhh . .the Ostrich in the Sand segment voices their collective opinions! LOL
Actually as you might recall the antarctic ice sheet is growing. This too is mentioned in the article and there have been other articles on the subject. Yet another thing that the IPCC failed to predict but now that it has been observed they are trying to come up with creative unscientific explanations of why it is happening. Originally Posted by zme

Never know about articles saw a piece the other day where penguins are having a smaller place to stand.Ice is shrinking on both poles but that has nothing to do with anything...Right?
Actually as you might recall the antarctic ice sheet is growing. This too is mentioned in the article and there have been other articles on the subject. Yet another thing that the IPCC failed to predict but now that it has been observed they are trying to come up with creative unscientific explanations of why it is happening. Originally Posted by zme
Don't be too hard on Eva, ZME. You're asking him for two things that are beyond his abilities, i.e. - the ability to read and comprehend, and the ability to analyze anything with an open, critical mind.
If you watched anything but the Simpsons or family guy there might be something there to enlighten you clowns.However it is better if you stay in your trailers it is dangerous in the real world.
If you watched anything but the Simpsons or family guy there might be something there to enlighten you clowns.However it is better if you stay in your trailers it is dangerous in the real world. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Perhaps you should move yours out from under the power lines.
Al Gore just stepped outside for a minute and started
blocking the sun again.

ha ha ha ha

Photo Caption:

There's that guy that couldn't beat GW again.
I hope this glacier can take the weight.

Fred, maybe you should jump off.

Hey, show a little respect. He did invent the internet.
Perhaps you should move yours out from under the power lines. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama

If you are worried about the power lines over you's I have heard aluminum foil helps your kind.