Can you buy Maine lobsters in Houston or do

you have to order them online? Is it best to order the whole ones or just the tails? 10-12oz's preferred maybe about a dozen. I'm talking wholesale. Any food connoisseurs out there
I bought live Maine Lobsters at the HEB Central Market by me a couple of months ago when they had a sale at $5 a lb. The had a variety but got about a little under 2 lbs each. Yep and they even cooked them for you.

10-12 oz sounds like just the tail size.
  • Seedy
  • 12-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Most of the big oriental supermarkets like hong kong, viet hua have live maine lobsters, or go to lobster gram .com they ship them right off the boat from the boston area. A 10-12 oz. Tail is pretty big hold on to your nuts when you get the price for that, most tails are in the 6 to 8 oz. Range. 2 to 3 times a year pappas has a all you can eat lobster for about 45 bucks done that a few times, starve myself for a day, go in and chow done on 6 or 7 of those bad boys, they see a skinny guy like me and are probably wondering if I have a wooden leg I'm hiding them in. Then I hurt tike hell for half a day.
The fish section at the Hong Kong Market on Bellaire is the bomb. The Pappadeaux's all you can eat is fantastic. Last time I went there they started out with a 5 lb lobster and even let me take two 1.5 lb lobsters home.
Panapesca
Littlebay Lobster Group out of Portsmouth, N H sells and ships deepwater lobsters........Best I've ever tasted.........
It's best to find a place in Maine that will ship them to you. You get them the next day packed in a box with dry ice.
  • Trey
  • 12-09-2010, 07:28 AM
The lobster from heb was priced that way a long time ago have not seen it back in a long long time. Hong Kong markets have lobster 8 per pound but I don't know if it is main lobster.
  • Seedy
  • 12-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Also if I remember correctly from biology in school( and that's a long freakin time ago). Maine lobsters or from that area of the north atlantic are the only lobsters with two large claws, one a crushing claw the other a cutting claw. Most of the tail only lobster you see in the stores are rock lobster a much smaller cousin and I believe come from african waters, there is also the spiney lobster fron the carribean which gets large but does not have the large claws. A little info for what it is worth, usually from me, not worth a shit.
seedman
  • Seedy
  • 12-09-2010, 06:27 PM
seedman Originally Posted by Cabalfighter
No shit, I'm laying here on fucking bed here at mda, freakin tubes all over, tv sucks at least I get some serious laughs from here,as I've said before I'm easily amused. I was laughing so hard the nurses came in thought I was spazing out. There is one pretty asian nurse here maybe something will happen and I can review her!! Wouldn't that be some shit. The only thing , you mutts sure as shit don't want to be here! I must be one sick son of a bitch, to be even thinkin of this shit. I guess the little head is thinking for me, happens quite often. I'm outta here.
  • Seedy
  • 12-09-2010, 06:51 PM
seedman Originally Posted by Cabalfighter
No shit, I'm laying here on fucking bed here at mda, freakin tubes all over, tv sucks at least I get some serious laughs from here,as I've said before I'm easily amused. I was laughing so hard the nurses came in thought I was spazing out. There is one pretty asian nurse here maybe something will happen and I can review her!! Wouldn't that be some shit. The only thing , you mutts sure as shit don't want to be here! I must be one sick son of a bitch, to be even thinkin of this shit. I guess the little head is thinking for me, happens quite often. I'm outta here.
Ill second Central Market on Westeimer(my second home) There is nothing a foodie cant find there
Ill second Central Market on Westeimer(my second home) There is nothing a foodie cant find there Originally Posted by caramelqtee mila
So true!

I loooooooove the fresh squeezed juice from there. Damn, that stuff is good.
Mmmm the Strawberry Lemonade is the best i've ever had you just have to consume it within 3 days or it goes bad because its so fresh. And there is noooo Apple Cider like theres'!!! They have the best Guacamole ever.