I feel an apology is in order

I want to apologize for my rash of negativity over the last week. .it was rather intense and while I do this I want to talk about health. ..
sunday of last week I had gotten a phone call that one of my children's father had a massive heart attack and died I'm not looking for sympathy I'm not the one that died . But it crushing in many ways especially since the Son that was directly affected did not have a relationship with this man. So, I want to talk about two things. First topic being men & their hearts / Health. for me this is the third man that I knew very well, that has died in the last year, (around the ages of 50 to 52 )of a massive heart attack. being the mother of 4 males and 5 of my 6 siblings being male, I am going to be doing some serious Studies on this particular subject!! But what I will say is MEN... get to the doctor get an annual checkup, physical, especially if you have a family that you're responsible for what a terrible and quick loss that could be prevented.if nothing else at least care enough about yourself to do that get your heart checked get your prostate checked get your blood pressure checked start doing that around the age of 35 if nothing else at least care enough about yourself to do that!!!
I think what struck me hardest was the part of thinking we always have more time to repair or establish relationships with people in our lives that we may have distanced in the past, always thinking ..we can do it tomorrow always I will take care of this later.there are no guarantees for tomorrow or later and there never has been. today my heart is heavy it has been for over a week now considering this particular circumstance but I learned a few lessons and I sparked another passion to learn understand and prevent at least for my children and my family and my friends oxoxxx
But what I will say is MEN... get to the doctor get an annual checkup, physical, especially if you have a family that you're Originally Posted by Savannah Moon
I'm curious what you will do to
I am going to be doing some serious Studies on this particular subject!! Originally Posted by Savannah Moon
you mean about CAD?
prostate cancer?

those are big topics,I babble on about that crap all the time
because I know exactly how you feel and I know about those topics and share what I know,
People being people like to tease and joke but I do it because it might help someone
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...797&highlight=

granted you must wade thru a lot of Joe 6pack trying to find out why I'd talk about this info, I think you'd understand

I'd start on page 2 of that thread

going to see a md for a phyisical?
pretty much a waste
http://www.cracked.com/article_18840...-worth-it.html

there are some basics for guys to handle
-don't be fat(bodyfat lower than 20%)
be active(get a fitbit, etc to see how active you are)
eat your nutrients, (Magnesium, Vit K, Vit C(grams), selenium, iodine, natural nitrates: are the big ones)
get enough sleep
don't do things that increase the chance you'll get cancer like smoking, reading webpages*, too many CT scans, tanning.

junk like that all help for health.

*ha ha
Sorry to hear about the tragedies you have experienced. I think most of us on this board are mature as far as age, but can be juvenile when it comes to our health. I have some issues, as most of us will encounter as we get older. Fortunately, I take pretty good care of myself by staying active and eating well (usually). One big benefit of taking care of ourselves is being able to function sexually. If nothing else, we should use that as our goal so we can be around to enjoy the rest what life has to offer professionally, with family and friends, That includes regular visits to the doc for bloodwork and getting reamed once a year. It's over before you know it and you can enjoy the rest of the year. It's not a fun topic to discuss, but it is reality. Thanks for making us think.
Good posts/tips

I wish ya sunny days ahead!!
Family and close friends are always 1st/2nd.
No need to apologize.
I want to apologize for my rash of negativity over the last week. .it was rather intense and while I do this I want to talk about health. ..
sunday of last week I had gotten a phone call that one of my children's father had a massive heart attack and died I'm not looking for sympathy I'm not the one that died . But it crushing in many ways especially since the Son that was directly affected did not have a relationship with this man. So, I want to talk about two things. First topic being men & their hearts / Health. for me this is the third man that I knew very well, that has died in the last year, (around the ages of 50 to 52 )of a massive heart attack. being the mother of 4 males and 5 of my 6 siblings being male, I am going to be doing some serious Studies on this particular subject!! But what I will say is MEN... get to the doctor get an annual checkup, physical, especially if you have a family that you're responsible for what a terrible and quick loss that could be prevented.if nothing else at least care enough about yourself to do that get your heart checked get your prostate checked get your blood pressure checked start doing that around the age of 35 if nothing else at least care enough about yourself to do that!!!
I think what struck me hardest was the part of thinking we always have more time to repair or establish relationships with people in our lives that we may have distanced in the past, always thinking ..we can do it tomorrow always I will take care of this later.there are no guarantees for tomorrow or later and there never has been. today my heart is heavy it has been for over a week now considering this particular circumstance but I learned a few lessons and I sparked another passion to learn understand and prevent at least for my children and my family and my friends oxoxxx Originally Posted by Savannah Moon

You are fine girl, no need to apologize. We always enjoy your comments.

JR
At the very least an EKG. A nuclear stress test is better. I'm 55 and have had 2 heart attacks but my blood still flows.
Sorry for your pain Savannah... hang in there.
"I think what struck me hardest was the part of thinking we always have more time to repair or establish relationships with people in our lives that we may have distanced in the past, always thinking ..we can do it tomorrow always I will take care of this later.there are no guarantees for tomorrow or later and there never has been."

I think this is the most important part of Savannah's post, even more than making sure we do what we can to stay healthy. If there are relationships in our lives that could be repaired, or at least attempted to, we should try NOW. I had the same feelings as Savannah when my father passed away of a heart attack unexpectedly a few years ago. There were so many things that I'd hoped would be said and taken care of, then suddenly, as Savannah points out, there is no more time. Do it now.
just buried another family member today sorry again everyone for lashing out this is the fifth person in one year very dear to my heart that has Passed. I have not spoken to any of my family in eight months actually since I buried my mother so today was very healing for me today we buried my cousin that had liver cancer in Rossville Kansas the same place where my mom is buried so I visited mom's grave side they had put a beautiful for her. I think that was very healing for me to see I will apologize again for all the people I've left out at recently I am a very sensitive personlosing people is very hard for me and five and one year is very very immobilizing. made amends with my blood family now I need to make amends with my alter ego family I care about you all very much some of you drive me crazy but I'm sure the feelings mutualI would literally put money on it lol tell the people that you love that you love them tell them often
Prayers and thoughts to you...hopefully things will get better for your family. hugs
I feel a lot better. I wasn't even going to go. I guess that the older one gets, the more people we lose..yet for some silly reason I feel like I have an audience of the closest people in my life looking down at me shaking their heads and saying what the f*** is she doing
Prayers to you. Getting through will take time. Don't rush the process.
Xoxo
sending you hugs!!