Jason Garrett

I would like to hear everybody opioion on Jason Garrett.. I love it! I think we are going to do so much better!
I was skeptical of him as the interim coach. His offense has not been spectacular since 2007 (great year by the way, post-season, not so much). The low point coming when the Cowboys were embarrassed by the Ravens in the final game at Texas Stadium in 2008.....with the Ravens calling the Cowboys offense "Predictable" and they always knew what was coming.

I've changed my opinion during the final 8 games this season. There is still a lot of work to be done....but I think he is up to the task. He was a product of the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys and knows what type of camp to run and what to demand from the players.

Things I would like to see...

-Barber gone
-Major Offensive line overhaul
-Roy Williams pay cut or gone
-Revert back to a 4-3 Defense....I am not sold on the 3-4 at all!
-Demarcus Ware becoming the next Charles Haley in the 4-3 (any defense where he is not rushing the passer on EVERY down is foolish)
-Draft smart...O-Line and secondary are priorities
-Pick up a Free Agent or 2 who is not past their prime.
-Jerry Jones nowhere near Arlington on Sundays

Jason would have a chance if that were the case, sadly Mr Ego won't let that happen
-Jerry Jones nowhere near Arlington on Sundays

Jason would have a chance if that were the case, sadly Mr Ego won't let that happen Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
I agree. As long as JJ is actively managing the team it probably doesn't matter who the coach is.
I am so VERY excited about this!!!!

I really believe her deserves it! It was earned! Not given. IMO. I am so glad he has been given the chance.... I think he will not disappoint the fans in the long run....

I hope Jerry does what he says..... Give Garrett complete power! This would be a good change for the team as well...... Not sure Jerry (the control freak) can do it.

Becky
I wonder why anyone would think the Cowboys will be any better with Jason Garrett. He was afterall the assist head coach when Phillips was there and they went 1 and 7. Plus the cowboys are not very good. They played some pretty good football games and still got beaten. Why this group was so hipped to be a super bowl team is a mistery to me.
Just my 2 cents, dont put Romo back in,. They have won since he got hurt. Garrett is a good coach but no coach can make someone catch a ball or throw one not intercepted when under pressurre. Romo is over rated, just my 2 cents....
+1 on Jerry. He only hires YES MEN

Wildcat
Yes I hope Jerry Jones backs down and let's him run it! Cowboys is a very good time but need work.. I agree about romo I really never cared for him.. The kicker needs to be replace. I like Barber he always gets the one or two yards we need.. Roy Williams needs to go but nobody wants him. Jones is doing pretty good so far too..

Jason Garrett did earn it! He is doing a lot of changes that needs to be done. Your right coach can not catch ball for no one, but he can put them on the bench.. Thanks for responding..
I agree. As long as JJ is actively managing the team it probably doesn't matter who the coach is. Originally Posted by Mr. Smith111
Very true! Look at the coaches he has had since acquiring the team

J Johnson
B Switzer
C Gailey
D Campo
B Parcells
W Phillips
J Garrett

Thats A LOT of coaching talent! No one since Switzer has won a SB (1995) and all of them were in the .500 - .600 winning percentages (except Campo at .313). Until JJ can turn over that control, they are stuck right where they are, with a revolving door of coaches. I agree that Garrett deserved the job, I just doubt he will be allowed to what he needs to do. Sad really.
Very true! Look at the coaches he has had since acquiring the team

J Johnson Made decisions
B Switzer Used Jimmy's staff for Super Bowl
C Gailey Fired by Jerry by being independent and not kissing Aikman's ass
D Campo Worthless as a head coach
B Parcells Burnout that needed $$$$ after divorce. Jerry made decisions
W Phillips Good defensive coodinator, weak head coach, Jerry chose the staff
J Garrett Only time will tell .... But Jerry cannot keep out of it. Best case scenario, Red Jesus may get one season before Jerry starts interfering.

Thats A LOT of coaching talent! No one since Switzer has won a SB (1995) and all of them were in the .500 - .600 winning percentages (except Campo at .313). Until JJ can turn over that control, they are stuck right where they are, with a revolving door of coaches. I agree that Garrett deserved the job, I just doubt he will be allowed to what he needs to do. Sad really. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Jerry cannot stand having a good head coach because he needs the love and attention of the masses. A strong head coach becomes the face of the franchise and a threat to Jerry's ego.
I do not think he will make a difference. the culture wont change as long as Jerry is GM.
A strong head coach becomes the face of the franchise and a threat to Jerry's ego. Originally Posted by pyramider
Excellent way to put it and damn accurate too!
I hope Jerry does what he says..... Give Garrett complete power! Originally Posted by The Original Becky
There are only two chances that Jerry will give Garrett complete power.

1. Slim
2. None

(And it is much closer to none than slim!)
The Cowboys were overrated to begin the season. Just look at how weak the defense was. It couldn't stop teams when the game was on the line. I think Wade is a good guy, but players usually perform better when there is a bit of fear in the air. Wade did not instill fear. He treated all the players like adults, but that is usually not the recipe for success in sports. Especially with a non leader like Romo.

As for Garrett, I think he gets it. Rules and discipline are important to him. Time will tell. But Dallas needs more than a change at head coach. Personnel is a problem, especially on defense and the OL.

One thing I will say for Jerry is he wants to win. He might be part of the problem but at least he's trying. More than I can say for some owners in the NFL.