I need a tailor in Johnson or Douglass county

Can anyone recommend me a tailor that does quality alterations quickly?

I had to get a suit for my dad's funeral and the arms were a couple of inches too long, so we temporarily made it work. Now I'm gonna need it for an interview at my job soon and would like to get it altered permanently.

If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know!

Thanks!

Pat
Maxine's is a tailoring shop near 95th and Antioch between the Oak Park Mall and old Metcalf South areas in central Overland Park - call her first for her availability for a fast turn around, she's occasionally got more work than she can handle. She may be the best in the city - and she's honest and reasonably priced (something lacking in many alteration shops).

8924 West 95th Street
Overland Park
(913) 341-2534

If that doesn't work for you or she can't get it done quickly, there is a shoe repair place in Rosanna Square at 119th and Blue Valley Pkwy that does alterations also, and they do MUCH better alterations than they ever do even a simple shoe repair . . . I don't have that number handy, sorry - but they are easy to find.

You might find that it may be suggested that you buy a coat that fits well initially depending on the material and the manner in which it is cut, rather than make such a drastic alteration, especially if they can't be easily raised - as it can dramatically effect the "lay" of the entire garment (I did something similar with an overcoat once, and it was never "right" after).

There are many other tailors throughout the city, I find Maxine's to be one of the best, as I mentioned.

You might also consider sending a PM to "jeff one086"; he may have a good recommendation or two.

Good luck!
Thanks for the tip, Jackie! I'll give Maxine's a call tomorrow!
There's also Dan's custom tailoring across from the Oak Park mall at 98th and Quivira (west side of Quivira). I used him several years ago and he always did a good job with alterations. Unfortunately, he has a lot of business so he may not be very fast.
In Lawrence, I've used Aneta's Alterations at 9th & Iowa.
Dan the tailor man is the absolute best at 95th and Quivira.
I took Fritz's recommendation for Dan's and dropped off something small I needed done on Thursday - got it back late Friday afternoon, and the work was absolutely amazing! Every bit as good as, if not marginally better than, Maxine's (a bit tighter stitching [more/tighter stitches per running inch]), and it seemed to be much more professionally "finished". But, it was much (MUCH) pricier than Maxine's, even with a 20% discount. Dan obviously has some overhead being right near the mall, and he is positioned for a higher end clientele (with custom suits for men and a couture line for ladies being his bread and butter) . . . So, I'd add Dan's to my list (and thanks for the recommendation). I might not use them for "everyday" garments, but for an alteration of a garment that was an investment (in quality and style), I'd probably find myself considering taking it to Dan's first, over Maxine's, from now on. BTW, if you get (or have) a "myjoecard" in KC, you too can get 20% off at Dan's (which is also a reason I gave them a try - it never hurts to save a few bucks). They mentioned they have a one hour rush service (if you are willing to pay for it). Dan's also seemed very willing to haggle, almost as if it was expected. That may just be my perception, but it was obvious to me and the girlfriend I went in with - in fact, she haggled them down an extra $5.00 on top of the 20% they were offering as a discount. All she really had to do was ask. I would have asked myself, but I was busy booking an appointment with a client I hadn't seen in about a year who was there looking for a dress for his wife from the Elene Cassis collection - he booked with me while she was being measured up (I bet she didn't get the shoes she wanted from Nordstrom) . . . I love this country.

Anyway, here are some links:

http://www.dandanthetailorman.com/welcome

http://kansascity.myjoecard.com/busi...r-Man-408.aspx