Crowdstrike: No Proof DNC Servers Were Hacked By Russia

Two years ago their President made this admission. Now its recently declassified. He says there are "indicators" and other speculation. Server never turned over to FBI. No indication of whether the FBI did any real findings confirmation.

CrowdStrike President Shawn Henry's admission under oath, in a recently declassified December 2017 interview before the House Intelligence Committee, raises new questions about whether Special Counsel Robert Mueller, intelligence officials and Democrats misled the public. The allegation that Russia stole Democratic Party emails from Hillary Clinton, John Podesta and others and then passed them to WikiLeaks helped trigger the FBI's probe into now debunked claims of a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia to steal the 2016 election. The CrowdStrike admissions were released just two months after the Justice Department retreated from its its other central claim that Russia meddled in the 2016 election when it dropped charges against Russian troll farms it said had been trying to get Trump elected.

Henry personally led the remediation and forensics analysis of the DNC server after being warned of a breach in late April 2016 – he was paid by the DNC, which refused to turn over its serves to the FBI. Asked for the date when alleged Russian hackers stole data from the DNC server, Henry testified that CrowdStrike did not in fact know if such a theft occurred at all: "We did not have concrete evidence that the data was exfiltrated [moved electronically] from the DNC [servers], but we have indicators that it was exfiltrated," Henry said.

Henry reiterated his claim on multiple occasions:

"There are times when we can see data exfiltrated, and we can say conclusively. But in this case it appears it was set up to be exfiltrated, but we just don’t have the evidence that says it actually left."
"There’s not evidence that they were actually exfiltrated. There's circumstantial evidence but no evidence that they were actually exfiltrated."
"There is circumstantial evidence that that data was exfiltrated off the network. … We didn't have a sensor in place that saw data leave. We said that the data left based on the circumstantial evidence. That was the conclusion that we made."
"Sir, I was just trying to be factually accurate, that we didn't see the data leave, but we believe it left, based on what we saw."
Asked directly if he could "unequivocally say" whether "it was or was not exfiltrated out of DNC," Henry told the committee: "I can't say based on that."
In other words: total speculation

https://www.realclearinvestigations....nc_123596.html
people who listen to other than leftist media knew or suspected as much

dims who listen to leftist media still don't know such as the left isn't reporting on things like this except in small and dismissive manners
And there is speculation that we will find in newly released documents that John Brennan hid from us information that indicated at least for some period of time, the Russians favored Hillary Clinton to win but this information never got past John Brennan. Do I know this for a fact? I do not but considering all the other lies Brennan has told including before Congressional Committee's, I wouldn't doubt it.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c45799...ly-lies-senate

Brennan blatantly lies to the Senate

I've been saying for a couple of years now thanks to reporting on Fox News, that John Brennan, was the principle player in getting this whole Russian/ Trump narrative started using foreign players to get around the CIA not being able to operate within the US, so he arranged "meetings" outside the US to first set up Papadopolous, who supposedly started the interference campaign on behalf of the President which never happened by the way.

It's a toss up who I want more to see in handcuffs, Brennan or Comey. Who am I kidding, I want to see them both in handcuffs. Do I think it will make a bit of difference to Democrats? Nope, it sure doesn't matter to my Democrat friend who agrees that nothing matters but defeating Trump by any means necessary because "our Democracy depends on it" he tells me.

A corrupt FBI, DOJ, CIA and deep state actors still in the government trying to oust a dully elected President is not a threat to our Democracy I guess.
so, if the data couldn't be determined that it was copied externally, but they knew it was copied.

wouldn't an IP address in a network log show this?

Theres the matter of the timing of the data transmission.

the inside job theory still holds.
so, if the data couldn't be determined that it was copied externally, but they knew it was copied.

wouldn't an IP address in a network log show this?

Theres the matter of the timing of the data transmission.

the inside job theory still holds. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

downloading the entire hard drive over the internet would prolly take an 30 mins to 1 hour depending on internet traffic.

d/ling to another hard drive or thumb drive would take about 5 - 10 minutes.
Is that you "fancy bear?"

I believe I posted a bunch of articles when this first came up years ago. Crowdstrike's evidence of how they determine this was done (a piece of malware) and where it was sent to (an ip range) was very shaky. In fact, I never saw an independent IT security company confirm their findings or conclusion.

It was slightly after this that a hysterical "the russians are hacking the NE power grid" narrative was being screamed by various left wing media outlets. The reality is they found some malware on a single computer at some yankee electric company. After a couple of days of front page news and handwringing the truth finally came out.
...In other words: total speculation... Originally Posted by gnadfly

More like obfuscation. Apologies for my own quotes below, but seems germane here. The dates I was quoting below came directly from the Mueller report, seems like starting at page 143 or so. There are 3 names to look for regarding the whole DNC hack (sic) and Crowdstrike versus inside job (not in Mueller report):
  • William Edward Binney
  • Yaacov Apelbaum
  • Warren Flood
    • He looks to be the one that doctored the files to look like they were Russian
    • BTW, he was Joe Biden's IT guy <--click that chite
I was responding to an idiotic claim that Russia hacked the DNC because Trump quiped he wanted to see her emails.
That Mueller dud must be a time traveler.
  • Clinton deleted emails months and months prior to the below
  • clintonmail hacked (sic) March 2016
  • GRU allegedly had access to DCCC accounts/servers early April 2016
  • GRU allegedly had access to DNC accounts/servers mid April 2016
  • GRU allegedly registered dcleak domain mid April 2016
  • GRU allegedly had access to 30 DNC machines late May 2016
  • GRU allegedly posted docs/emails to dcleaks early June 2016
  • GRU allegedly sending docs/emails to news outlets (sic) late June 2016
Trump made off-hand crack about the deleted emails in July 2016, which clearly means he was responsible for all of the above?!? You might need to run that by me again, 'cause Ima not seeing it without time travel...

... In simple, viral, terms - her server was patient zero of the DNC hacking. Now, this is where it gets into conjecture, which happens to be based upon decades of computer work - a bad actor, that is any good, would leave a buried trail that would lead an investigator to someone else altogether... Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
The supplied link above is where the below came from.
Elementary Watson, but pointless. But uhm, you might want to do your own digging on the name of one Yaacov Apelbaum to see how he rambled onto one Warren Flood character. But wear a safety harness with a really long bungee cord, 'cause he blows a big hole in the Muh RUSSIA hack deflection.

Oh and coinkydink of coinkydinks, he tosses a heap'n help'n of insight on how bad actors that are any good try to leave buried trails to point elsewhere. Unfortunately, in this case - epic fail. He probes liddle tid-bits like: would a Romanian, who is actually Russian, really attack from a blatantly Rusky based IP addr? Anyway, turns out old Warren, who was closely associated with one Creepy Joe Biden, is a lackluster hack, at best. More like a weak-ass attempt to implant Rusky finger prints. BTW: Dates matter, try to keep perspective there... Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do

I left off the whole Concord Management and 13 indicted Russians from Heir Mueller. Long story short, that whole Muh Russia hacking smells like a bunch of Marlarky.