Any opera or classical fans here?

I was just on my emotional thrill ride from listening to "Canon in D". I just wondered if we had and classical music fans here.
Elisabeth raises her hand.

Played the oboe and viola while in school. And played the piano all of my life. I adore classical music. And I appreciate those who enjoy it as well.
It's fine as long as I get a soprano alert with my opera. Coloraturas don't do much for me.

c.a.
Yes. And there are world class symphony orchestras here in both Dallas AND Ft. Worth!
Opera too. They show subtitles above the stage so even the the singing is in Italian or German, you know w hat is going on.
I got the chance to sing in Carnagie Hall when I was 16... I love Opera, musicals, anytype of classical music.. There is something so powerful about not just hearing, but feeling the music!
  • Gbfsl
  • 04-14-2015, 06:32 AM
Big classical music fan. Funny thing is I played this Canon in D at my wedding many many moons ago. Such a peaceful, relaxing piece of music. I am not such a big opera fan. I do love hearing the music and voice of the many great tenors from opera, but just never cared for the art form itself.

I was a music major in college. Jazz was more my thing, but when I am driving fast cars and/or enjoying a relaxing evening at home with a nice cigar, I love to play classical music as loud as I can turn it up.
Yes, very much so. Not so much opera, but big fan of symphony, chamber music, etc. Started over a few years ago as an adult piano student.
I'm classically trained, and my daughter intends on minoring in Opera performance. So yes... we love opera around these parts!!!
Classical, yes
Opera, not so much
Classical yes, especially when it's paired with a good movie. Like "Ride of the Valkeries" in the movie Apocalypse Now.
I love piano sonatas
I like a little classical when I'm in the mood. The Lone Ranger comes to mind as do the cartoons Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, and I think Mighty Mouse. Some of you old farts can relate.
Elisabeth raises her hand.

Played the oboe and viola while in school. And played the piano all of my life. I adore classical music. And I appreciate those who enjoy it as well. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
What's the difference between a violin and a viola?
The viola burns longer!

How to you get two oboists to play in tune?
Shoot one of them!!

What's the difference between a drummer and a large Pizza?
A large Pizza can actually feed a family of four.

How do you get a bass player out of a tree?
Cut the rope!!

Old musicians jokes.

Classical, yes
Opera, not so much Originally Posted by sparrow1122
Exactly!!
La bohème or Carmina Burana... but I'll take Black Label Society if I have to.
Romantic Italian opera touches my soul, and that says a hell of a lot because I am an atheist. Verdi and Puccini. The feeling I experience is the feeling that I imagine a woman feels when I am worshipping her G-spot. Great music to cook by.

Other opera, not so much.

There is no better bathtub music when you have company than Handel. Handel's Water Music + bubbles + champagne. Unbeatable. Just thinking about it makes me want to turn out the lights and light some candles.

Classical music is like an electrical ground. A tension remover. Not for getting pumped up for a workout or a run. Enjoy it appropriately.