Firefly....what if?

I kinda enjoy sci fi stories. It's way better, to me, than watching faked out dramas unfold which depict every day life., whether the story lines are fictional or whether they are Reality "Docu dramas".

Firefly is a sci fi tv series with a cult following of sorts, that ended before it's time was anywhere near, close to being realized as something that was truly enjoyed by many and as evidenced by those still discovering it.

My fav character on the show is Inara Serra, a Companion. Go figure....LOL

"Most of what is known about Companions is derived from Inara herself and incidental discussions with and about other Companions and Companion-trained individuals. These sources suggest that Companion training includes social and physical grace, at least some performing arts, and psychology. Companions choose their own customers, and can have ungracious customers banned from any Companionship. Inara has a number of frequent clients throughout the Allied worlds, and takes both male and female clients, although most of her clients are male." source: Wikipedia

Anywho, wonder if the gents here would like if the tides were turned? In order to get to see a lady, they had to post pics, give bios, and constantly reaffirm they are who they say they are. I wonder how they would feel if the ladies constantly belittled them, judged them, made false claims, and even lied about who or what the gents themselves, stand for? How'd they feel if a lady made every effort to ban gents from seeing other companions. LOL Vindication.....OMG!

Can I relate to Inara? Sure I can. What if this were to become the norm? Lots of unbelievable things have come to pass throughout the years. This too could be one of those things that comes to pass. "No Way" we'll ever see that? Anyone wanna bet on it? At one point in time, I couldn't imagine a computer being my go to form of communication, and swore up and down I didn't want a cell phone......things change, folks. Don't kid yourself! Me? I may like fiction, but lotsa fiction, is no longer that. LOL
There are providers who do this now. They choose who they see. They choose to not see every guy just because he has the money. They can get a guy banned from their circle of peers if the guy crosses the line. Most are well established, HDHs but they are out there.

The elite, which I take Irana to be, always play by their rules, not everyone elses
There are providers who do this now. They choose who they see. They choose to not see every guy just because he has the money. They can get a guy banned from their circle of peers if the guy crosses the line. Most are well established, HDHs but they are out there.

The elite, which I take Irana to be, always play by their rules, not everyone elses Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
Right! I don't consider myself an HDH, but I practice providing my own time, in much the same manner as she does. It will become the norm as the gents become less and less gracious to the ladies. Hide and see if what I say does not come to pass. ijs
Favorite series EVER. I had no idea there was a fellow geek lassy here.
Favorite series EVER. I had no idea there was a fellow geek lassy here. Originally Posted by LovingKayla
LOL

MaxiMilyen<~~~nerd/geek ho fo sho! All the sensual, sexy, and feminine.....just a bonus! LOL
Another geeky nerd here.
The big difference is 'companion' was a publicly accepted profession with the proper respect afforded the professional woman.
Here, if the tables were turned, we would still have to contend with the haters.
And I would probably remane my car "Serenity".
Or would I paint her blue and call her the Tardis.....after all, she is bigger on the inside.....

LOL

MaxiMilyen<~~~nerd/geek ho fo sho! All the sensual, sexy, and feminine.....just a bonus! LOL Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
wonderful concept, plus supposedly now that Joss Wheadon is done with the avengers mmovies he is honestly looking to restart or return firefly. I am hopping this is true and not more internet trickery.

/ded
Anywho, wonder if the gents here would like if the tides were turned? In order to get to see a lady, they had to post pics, give bios, and constantly reaffirm they are who they say they are. I wonder how they would feel if the ladies constantly belittled them, judged them, made false claims, and even lied about who or what the gents themselves, stand for? How'd they feel if a lady made every effort to ban gents from seeing other companions. LOL Vindication.....OMG!

Can I relate to Inara? Sure I can. What if this were to become the norm? Lots of unbelievable things have come to pass throughout the years. This too could be one of those things that comes to pass. "No Way" we'll ever see that? Anyone wanna bet on it? At one point in time, I couldn't imagine a computer being my go to form of communication, and swore up and down I didn't want a cell phone......things change, folks. Don't kid yourself! Me? I may like fiction, but lotsa fiction, is no longer that. LOL Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
I really liked that show. As far as the part about a companion choosing me based on my pics and bio and so on, I think that would be great. I would find it preferable if we chose each other rather than one choosing the other. If we both mutually want to see each other then it makes for a much more memorable experience. Then again thats what dating sites are for, lol. Im a nice and respectful guy so i dont worry about being judged. I do love when a provider invites me to come back. In a way its like they are choosing me.

By the way MaxiMilyen, do you ever sleep, lol no matter what time day or night when i get on here...i see you posting something
I really liked that show. As far as the part about a companion choosing me based on my pics and bio and so on, I think that would be great. I would find it preferable if we chose each other rather than one choosing the other. If we both mutually want to see each other then it makes for a much more memorable experience. Then again thats what dating sites are for, lol. Im a nice and respectful guy so i dont worry about being judged. I do love when a provider invites me to come back. In a way its like they are choosing me.

By the way MaxiMilyen, do you ever sleep, lol no matter what time day or night when i get on here...i see you posting something Originally Posted by bobo1cg
When I have a sleepless night, I'd rather do absolutely anything other than lie there. Sometimes I draw, write poems, or even silly stories. When I'm on a mission to better something I'm having issues with in my biz, (right now it's screening) I hang around here, otherwise, I got plenty to stay busy and would rather do those things. LOL Seems like if you're jumping on and off all hours of the day and night, you might also have an issue with insomnia now and again. I'm really sorry, cause that sux rocks. I appreciate you asking after me, hon. That's very kind of you. No worries though, I'm not a 9-5er, and I can laze around when I have time and if I want to. Just one of the perks of being me!

Ya may not get to choose someday, some of ya'll sure don't mind trying to deny us that option now. Can't tell ya how infuriated some have been with me for saying, "I'm flattered, but no thank you." They kinda think I don't have that option. LOL I hate to be the one to break it to 'em, but I have done it on many occasions. It doesn't feel great to shatter the delusion of others, but there are certainly times there's a need for it. Goodness gracious, the gents here have opened my eyes on lots of occasions. It's exactly why I provide the way do......carefully, very carefully and at my discretion in my own way. My life is all about me. I enjoy sharing it with a select few. Those kinda men, know who they are and understand exactly what I am saying.

Another geeky nerd here.
The big difference is 'companion' was a publicly accepted profession with the proper respect afforded the professional woman.
Here, if the tables were turned, we would still have to contend with the haters.
And I would probably remane my car "Serenity".
Or would I paint her blue and call her the Tardis.....after all, she is bigger on the inside..... Originally Posted by seanj317
Lots of things going on now to change the sex workers life, hon. Where ya been?

And no, guys would learn to behave if they wanted companionship. In essence, there will be no "here" if ya really wanna get laid.

Serenity.....wonder why he named his ship that? Also think it's an appropriate state of mind when it comes to ladies providing for gents and that which is, the connections and experiences they will never stop seeking.

ahhhh....The Tardis! Would that not be an awesome thing? Shucks, I don't need a Tardis, I got a whole world in my own head, visit lotsa places, and meet all kinda unique people! There are villains, heroes, harlots, and ladies. (Wait, that's ECCIE) LOL Doctor Who....one of my favs as well. Not a trekkie though....never have been. Hate to say it, but William Shatner....yuck! LOL
Serenity, Companions...Maybe that whole show was all about sex. lol
And Maxi i wouldnt consider myself an insomniac. I sleep about 3 to 4 hours a day and work nights so im always up, too much energy for sleep. I do find your posts very informative so thanks for the continued contribution you provide. Its always good to constructively keep yourself occupied.
Serenity, Companions...Maybe that whole show was all about sex. lol
And Maxi i wouldnt consider myself an insomniac. I sleep about 3 to 4 hours a day and work nights so im always up, too much energy for sleep. I do find your posts very informative so thanks for the continued contribution you provide. Its always good to constructively keep yourself occupied. Originally Posted by bobo1cg
Since sex is prevalent in most men's mind, is that surprising? LOL It's not about sex, but sex is there, just as other life issues and dramas. Heroes, villains, harlots and ladies.......LOL Doesn't just about everything relate to making connections and having experiences? Sex is just one of those things we use to connect, communicate, and enjoy our lives. right?
Mal won't take Serenity out anymore because it needs a Wash. Bwahahaha

A chick as hot and (supposedly) as talented as Inara can be picky about her clients. Many ladies In DFW can too.
Mal won't take Serenity out anymore because it needs a Wash. Bwahahaha

A chick as hot and (supposedly) as talented as Inara can be picky about her clients. Many ladies In DFW can too. Originally Posted by Hercules

Tiny correction. EVERY LADY everywhere can be just as picky as she wants to be. Unfortunately, they have yet to discover, just that. Can't tell ya how many times I have proved that, to some really down in the dumps ladies that men have convinced otherwise.
Give me Kaylee any day.

After she fixes the engine... we could bang in a greasy mess.