Information on Selling An IPad Air

Any suggestions on where I might list an iPad Air for sale? I've had problems with Ebay. And Craigslist seems kinda dangerous.... With all the robberies etc.
it's a Silver 128 GB version, that I have been using on AT&T. But it's unlocked, to work with any carrier.
I just bought a new, iPad Air 2 a few minutes ago. And I don't need 2 of them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Or if anyone here needs one, let me know.

Crzy
What problems did you have with ebay?

If you want the biggest pool of buyers that is your best bet.

Craigslist is mostly a waste of time but I still use it. I just am very clear that the sale is going down a certain way (public place, buyer coming to me so they have less incentive to renegotiate).
Apparently with EBAY, it takes a while to complete the sale. And the buyer appears to have all the protection. If for whatever reason he isn't happy with the purchase, they automatically debit it out of your account.
I was trying to find a quicker method to do a cash transaction. Perhaps even to another ECCIE member.
How much are you asking?
I was trying to get $450. As I said, it's unlocked to use on any carrier. I will even throw in a blue Griffin Survivor case with it.
In actuality, I probably wasted money buying the new IPad Air 2. It doesn't appear to be noticeably better than my old one. Certainly not $900 better
Try Gazelle (www.gazelle.com). You get a quote on their website and they send you shipping box with postage paid. For your model, current quote is $190.

Depending on what you use your iPad for, there are some changes coming in iOS9 that will only work on iPad Air 2
EBay isn't that bad. If you list it accurately and have ample photos showing even the slightest blemish you will be fine. Buyers can't simply return for no reason, there has to be a misrepresentation on your posting.

But the above poster is accurate. Cash now websites will pay you quick. Ebay will take some time but is your best chance to get the money you want. $450 is frankly asking a high price but the more buyers the better chance you will get it.
What is the going price for one ? $190 seems awful cheap.
Check ebay. Search completed listings and make sure and check the "sold" option. That will tell you what they actually were purchased at including shipping.
  • cyrax
  • 08-30-2015, 12:02 PM
As a tech geek, I would strongly advise you to return the iPad Air 2.

There isn't much of a difference between the 1 and 2 besides minor speed/camera upgrades that you probably wouldn't notice anyway. The Touch ID is nice, but not something to pay $400 over unless you just want the latest and greatest.

Also an Apple event is being held on September 9th and it is heavily rumored to unveil the iPhone 6s and a new line of iPads. If they were to release a new generation of iPads, it would make selling your iPad Air much more difficult and you would lose out on more money.

So again, I would return the iPad Air 2 and use the same money on buying the 3rd generation (it'll probably cost the same anyway).
I sell on ebay all the time. No problems. Have had a few returns but I charge 20% restocking fee and they pay shipping to return it. As long as I am accurate listing it with plenty of pictures, I get very few returns.
ill buy it for 250, bit of a lowball from your asking price but its better than 190 lol let me know if youre interested
As a tech geek, I would strongly advise you to return the iPad Air 2.

There isn't much of a difference between the 1 and 2 besides minor speed/camera upgrades that you probably wouldn't notice anyway. The Touch ID is nice, but not something to pay $400 over unless you just want the latest and greatest.

Also an Apple event is being held on September 9th and it is heavily rumored to unveil the iPhone 6s and a new line of iPads. If they were to release a new generation of iPads, it would make selling your iPad Air much more difficult and you would lose out on more money.

So again, I would return the iPad Air 2 and use the same money on buying the 3rd generation (it'll probably cost the same anyway). Originally Posted by cyrax
For what it's worth I totally agree! If possible you should definitely return the Air 2 and just ride it out with your Air. Apple is having an announcement next week, the 9th I believe, and more than likely they'll announce new iPad models which will not only make you're selling the Air more difficult, it will also make the Air 2 that you just bought "old".

So, if you can take it back and hold out for a few weeks. If you still have the urge to upgrade then do so with the new newest model instead of one that will literally be old in a few days......just my two pennies.
How about Amazon?

Any suggestions on where I might list an iPad Air for sale? I've had problems with Ebay. And Craigslist seems kinda dangerous.... With all the robberies etc.
it's a Silver 128 GB version, that I have been using on AT&T. But it's unlocked, to work with any carrier.
I just bought a new, iPad Air 2 a few minutes ago. And I don't need 2 of them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Or if anyone here needs one, let me know.

Crzy Originally Posted by Crzytxn