ID Check during Hotel Check-In

I'm currently on a RL business trip and had something happen for the first time. The desk clerk asked to see my driver's license when I registered. I showed it to him of course, but it seems it would make registering under an assumed name a lot harder. Is this ever an issue for anyone from a hobby perspective?

Maybe I need to get a "Hobby License" and keep it with my Hobby Phone.
A lot of hotels are doing due to fraud. For some reason the hotels get a little butt sore when a credit card is used and then is charge back on them.
Never spent time in many hotels, but think I have always been required to show ID. That is a good reason for me to date ladies with incalls.
like ive said before... if hotel doesnt ask for id... im pretty sure u can expect cockroaches and "chemistry" labs
like ive said before... if hotel doesnt ask for id... im pretty sure u can expect cockroaches and "chemistry" labs Originally Posted by LusciousLacy
Not the type of place I would stay.... I thought it was standard practice to ID these days... I dont think you can book those sort of places online... But what do I know I'm just a ???
Get used to it. That is why when I get a room, I always get it for the entire night, not just the standard hot sheet time.

Also, keep in mind. A fake Drivers license can land you in more trouble than what ever it is you are trying to avoid.
I'm surprised to hear this is normal...I usually stay at 3star or better hotels (see my signature) and I've never been carded before. lol. Guess I must look more suspicious than I used to...it's probably from hobbying too much! (Is it possible to hobby too much?)
I have always shown ID for a room.
In Texas it is a state law to have ID to get a room. I travel all over the place and can't remember never giving an id. IF I was in the hotel business I would want to know who you are just in case you damage the room or use a stolen cc.
The ID check seems to be more prevalent in OK than TX. I am a frequent hotel visitor and I make my reservations thru the returns club website, but OK checks the ID everytime. Several times I have been greeted by name by the front desk personnel and still had to show the ID.
I've been carded everytime. But, that's only because I book hotels at the HIGHLY discounted Military rate and have to show proof of affiliation to get the discount.
If a hotel doesnt ask for id.. id not check in at all. If they dont ask for ur id.. then who is to say some random mental case cant come in, claim to be you, and get a key?
To my knowledge you need a credit card before you can even book a room and they check ID to confirm you match the credit card used. Hotel staff doesn't, or at least shouldn't, give out personal information to anyone walking up and asking about someone in a room. I am assuming that is what some of you are concerned about? Providers, or hobbyist shouldn't be able to get any real info so it should be safe.
Never spent time in many hotels, but think I have always been required to show ID. That is a good reason for me to date ladies with incalls. Originally Posted by tuckahoe
I have never NOT been asked to show ID when I check into a hotel whether its for work or vacation purposes.
I have always been asked for an ID, whether RL or hobby. No matter if I prebooked and prepaid. ID was always required. I has not been an issue or a worry.