Technical issues...

If anyone has tried to reach us, i have NOT been ignoring you. As of 7pm my phone crashed. It died, i went to charge it and it will not turn on. It trys to turn on, gets to logo before start up then goes black... and does this over and over with out me even trying to turn it on again. Of course the store closed at 7. I will be going in the morning to fix/replace the phone. May have a new number. If so will post it. Just wanted to inform everyone so they dont think im ignoring them. Sorry yall. You can still email hushoftexas@gmail.com
Phone issues suck. I have been having the same with mine. Ginger is truly yummy looking. Ole sixx will be booking with her soon....

sixx
She is in town tomo Yes phone issues suck. They REALLLLLLY suck in this buis when u have sooo many people relying on you. Sigh, well guess it will be the first quiet night in a LONG time lol. Guess everyone needs a night off every now and then, even when its only by default lol.
Phone is up and running, had to get a new one. Same number... but lost everything so whe you contact please send your info as well. Thanks!!
Get a GSM phone next time. Then you can simply move the SIM card to another unlocked or compatible GSM phone if one phone dies and you'll usually be OK.

Buy a cheap GSM phone as a spare.

You'll only be in trouble if your SIM card dies, which is pretty rare.

If you ever need to hide or disable the phone, all you have to do is take the SIM card out.
Forgive my ignorance but what is a GSM phone? My phone has a sim card but they said it only has photos and downloads. Ive backed my contacts up... it will automatically do it once a week.
t-Mobile, ATT and Virgin Mobile I believe are all GSM carriers. It refers to the technology used in the phone I think.... GSM phones have SIM cards and can be moved from phone to phone but not from one carrier to another.

And if you are using an Android phone or a windows based phone there is great free software that will keep you backed up al the time making it easy to recover from any tragedy.
Forgive my ignorance but what is a GSM phone? My phone has a sim card but they said it only has photos and downloads. Ive backed my contacts up... it will automatically do it once a week. Originally Posted by Hush of Texas
Your lack of knowledge is understandable. The phone companies do their best to keep the customers from knowing how they're being screwed, including telling outright lies.

Who's your carrier and type of phone? Some carriers use GSM, some don't.

SIM cards look like this: (Shape and gold contacts, not colors.)

You are probably talking about a micro SD card. Looks like the small thing on the right. SD cards are different from SIM cards. Some phones have both SIM and SD cards:

With a GSM card, the SIM card sort of is the phone. You can move the SIM card to another GSM phone, and your number will work on the new phone. If you take the SIM out, the phone doesn't work.

Some of the carriers lock down the phones so they only work with SIMs from the same carrier. If you buy an "unlocked" GSM phone, it will work with a SIM from any GSM carrier.

If you buy an AT&T phone, for instance, it may only work with AT&T. However, a prepaid AT&T phone will usually work with any AT&T SIM card.

iPhones only work with iPhone SIM cards. They use a different size of SIM card. Trust Apple to be incompatible.

Here's a list of GSM carriers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...vice_providers

AT&T and T-mobile are the big GSM carriers. Some of the off brand prepaid and smaller carriers use GSM.

If you have a GSM phone, it may store the contacts on the SIM card or not. On my phone, you can tell it whether to store the contacts in the SIM or on the phone.
t-Mobile, ATT and Virgin Mobile I believe are all GSM carriers. Originally Posted by Whispers
It looks like Virgin Mobile is not GSM, per a little Googling.

This whole thing is deliberately designed to be confusing. It's the mushroom theory. Keep the customer in the dark, feed them shit, and when their heads pop up, lop them off.

GSM does put a little more power and security in the hands of the users, so lots of US carriers avoid it, and try to screw up GSM when they do use it.

If you travel abroad, an unlocked GSM phone is great. Most foreign countries use GSM, so your phone may work, where a non-GSM phone won't. You can often save a LOT of money abroad by buying a local GSM SIM card instead of using your carrier's extortionate roaming charges.

You can also use multiple SIM cards and carry one phone and two SIM cards and be able to switch between two different phone numbers by switching the SIM cards. Carry a hobby SIM card with you and you can plug it into your personal GSM phone and switch to hobby phone without having to carry two phones.

Even if you DO get a GSM phone, some of the things that should work may not work, so you have to experiment. GSM almost always gives you more control than non-GSM phones, though.
Thanks for the advice... hoping this weekly backup thing will save me next time! I am really good with phone, dont break them and dont loose them. No way to control a malfunction on the manufactures part tho. Sigh. At least i got to keep the same number and it was only $20 via insurance to replace the phone!