The dissapearing act

Being a guy who loves multiple hour dates I try my best to contact the provider of my choice a day or two ahead of time to let her know that I would be interested in meeting her.I also tend to want to exchange an email or two for comfort reasons before I drop a pile of money on someone,just a couple of messages,its not like I want to know her life story or anything like that.Anyway this past week I had it happen twice,one was a reputable provider and one was a relative unknown,my question is if I have taken the time to contact and set it up and all was well,the meeting was set,the time and day were set and then"shazam" gone with the wind,whats up here??
Could be numerous reasons, but most of the time it comes down to a three reasons:

1. Better offer
2. Not comfortable with you
3. Flakes

Now granted the ladies should've contacted you, but this is a weird business. Both providers and hobbyists do the NC/NS or after setting the appointment, just not following through with it.

It sucks, I know. But, you learn a lesson about that provider. So, my advice is to move on and find another provider who will follow through.
Thanks for the insight,I have cancelled a date or two but always plenty ahead of time,I try to be conciterate to everyone and 99% of the time Im there as promised,I have one of those wonderful jobs that when the phone rings you jump.so sometimes I have to cancel. I did get a text from one of the above mentioned this morning that she was still interested but heck its 3 days after the fact.I waited around all day Saturday called her numerous times and finally gave up..oh well her loss..makes me remember why I keep the circle small I guess.anyway thanks Elana
I've noticed that some providers don't feel the need to abide by common courtesy and return phone calls, emails etc. or notify clients when they can't make it. And my number one peeve - let you show up and then don't answer the door or the second phone.
Haven't personally had that happen in a long time but still pisses me off.
Having said all that, I just chalk it up to immaturity and Don't Ever Call Them Again!!
I guess they dont realize there are plenty of really good providers out there who do communicate in a timely manner,I promise you I will not suffer because of their ignorance and lack of common courtesy. seems like Omaha is in some sort of slump right now? could just be Im too damn picky...??...