Ratings way down for NFL opener: Just Do IT!

• WTF
  • 10-14-2018, 12:27 PM
Just showed the stands of the Texans/Bills game and 4 minutes into it they were half empty. Wonder what the "official" count will be.

Now about 8 minutes into the game and the stands look 80% full but they are only showing the lower bowl. Originally Posted by gnadfly
The Bills and Texans are two of the shittest teams in the NFL and the game is sold out...
TV ratings for the week of 9/10-9/16:

#1 -- Sunday night football
#3 -- Football night in America
#5 -- Monday night football
#8 -- Thursday night football
#11 -- Football night in America #2

TV ratings for September 24-30:

#1 -- Sunday night football
#2 -- Thursday night football
#6 -- Monday night football

So if NFL football broadcasts are hurting, they are hurting less than other programs.
I think theres too many night game. time to get rid of the thursday game.

btw, the pre-game sunday show really shouldn't be listed tho.
Young athletes rather do other sports than do football because they don't want live out retirement as a vegetating retard. Thus, the talent level is subpar today. Do you think Brady could do well before his era? Defensive linemen of the past would have fucked him bigtime.
Young athletes rather do other sports than do football because they don't want live out retirement as a vegetating retard. Thus, the talent level is subpar today. Do you think Brady could do well before his era? Defensive linemen of the past would have fucked him bigtime. Originally Posted by spermdonation
How many of you are old enough to remember this? The great Y A Tittle beat to a pulp.

https://eccie.net/attachment.php?att...1&d=1539567952

Or maybe Roger Staubach not being able to remember who he had beat the day before.

Men should not have to be turned into mental and physical cripples to make a living.

But then, not many of them were lining up for truck driving school.
Attached Images File Type: jpg IMG_2736.JPG (35.5 KB, 65 views)
How many of you are old enough to remember this? The great Y A Tittle beat to a pulp.

https://eccie.net/attachment.php?att...1&d=1539567952

Or maybe Roger Staubach not being able to remember who he had beat the day before.

Men should not have to be turned into mental and physical cripples to make a living.

But then, not many of them were lining up for truck driving school. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Yeah, well race car drivers die and down hill skiers get paralyzed. Soccer players get as many concussions and ACL injuries as football players. Should everyone just go into a shell? BTW, the Steelers layed that beating on YA. This is a good read:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...orth-more-than
Dad took us to a lot of the games in the early and mid 60s when kids got in for only a couple of bucks, and even good adult seats were only $6 or 7, or something in that range. Middle class families are just about priced out of it now, though. But of course, players in the 60s made a tiny pittance compared to today. Didn't Jim Brown only make about 50K a year when he hung it up?

I remember hearing about how most pro players worked in the off season, maybe in insurance sales, stock brokerage, or something like that. No need for them to do anything like that nowadays! Originally Posted by Ex-CEO
The father of a friend of mine played for the Steelers in the late 40s. He said Art Rooney gave each player one pair of cleated playing shoes which were expected to last the entire season. They didn't earn salaries. They were paid by the game. So yeah, everyone had a day job and an off-season job. Pro football was something you did on weekends in the Fall for a few extra bucks.

Television and its humongous revenue streams have ruined pro football. Why would anyone cry if those revenue streams finally get pinched? It's about time. But the good old days are gone forever. Football is a fucking business, not a game.
Has been for decades.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-video-photos/

https://twitter.com/EmptySeatsPics/s...426818/photo/1

What were the ratings two years ago? Give the viewership totals too.

I'm also not hearing about players kneeling either. Still haven't bought anything with the Nike logo. Won't for Christmas either.
.... Football is a fucking business, not a game. Originally Posted by lustylad
Correct. The NFL, team owners and networks have built the business from a guy's league to a guy and his wife/girlfriend league. If you go to the Texans game there's a lot more couples who attend than 20 years ago. In fact, the whole stadium is built to be more of an entertainment outing than a football game with it's vodka bars, higher end restaurants, catered booths and big screen tvs throughout the mezzanines. On the playing "interior", there is literally something to fill the the fans attention almost every second a play isn't being run.
  • WTF
  • 10-15-2018, 01:45 PM
If I did not wager on the games, I wouldn't hardly watch football.

I've bitched and moaned about how all pro sports are subsidized by the taxpayers Via stadiums being built and leased for cheap.

If you read how GWB made his money, it was by him getting the public to build a stadium so his 'investment' was enhanced by public money. If you want to quit watching sports, hate more than just a ignorant player for kneeling...
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-video-photos/

https://twitter.com/EmptySeatsPics/s...426818/photo/1

What were the ratings two years ago? Give the viewership totals too.

I'm also not hearing about players kneeling either. Still haven't bought anything with the Nike logo. Won't for Christmas either. Originally Posted by gnadfly

TV NFL ratings were down from 2015 to 2016 and from 2016 to 2017. They were also down for ALL network telecasts, not just pro football. The fact remains that NFL broadcasts are STILL the most watched TV shows in prime time. We now have Netflix, Hulu, and several other options to network television that will bring down ratings and obviously viewership totals.

I'm sure Nike will do quite well without your patronage.

BTW, I don't usually tune into NFL games in which I don't have a rooting interest but I did watch quite a bit of last night's Patriots-Chiefs game. Damn, it was good!
TV NFL ratings were down from 2015 to 2016 and from 2016 to 2017. They were also down for ALL network telecasts, not just pro football. The fact remains that NFL broadcasts are STILL the most watched TV shows in prime time. We now have Netflix, Hulu, and several other options to network television that will bring down ratings and obviously viewership totals.

I'm sure Nike will do quite well without your patronage.

BTW, I don't usually tune into NFL games in which I don't have a rooting interest but I did watch quite a bit of last night's Patriots-Chiefs game. Damn, it was good! Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

I read there was an ugly incident that took place during the patriots-chiefs game after a touchdown.
I read there was an ugly incident that took place during the patriots-chiefs game after a touchdown. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I didn't watch the entire game. I was watching the Red Sox - Astros baseball game most of the evening.
  • WTF
  • 10-16-2018, 08:05 AM
I didn't watch the entire game. I was watching the Red Sox - Astros baseball game most of the evening. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Cole was not his best....I bet the Chiefs to win the game at the half at 6.5 to 1. Fucking Brady got me in the end. Last team with the ball was winning that game.