GM closing plants...low oil prices to blame. Let's thank Saudi Arabia and Donald Trump!

• WTF
  • 11-26-2018, 01:18 PM
From the cited article:

About 970,000 Americans worked in the United States auto industry in October, an increase of 12,800 since Mr. Trump took office in January 2017. Most of that growth, however, came in one corner of the industry, manufacturers of recreational vehicles and trailers. Makers of auto parts have added about 2,000 jobs during that time.
  • WTF
  • 11-26-2018, 02:47 PM
From the cited article: Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Awww IB just take points from the past, not the present from the article.

NOW IB GM is looking to close plants. Care to comment on that? Plants that make economy cars! Lol

Care to comment on how low oil prices depress the sale of smaller cars...you want to thank Trump and Saudi Arabia?
Cars are dead, all those plants make cars rather than SUVs or crossovers. One did make crossovers for a short time. Most of those plants were already down to just one shift and lots of closed weeks.
  • WTF
  • 11-26-2018, 03:02 PM
Cars are dead, all those plants make cars rather than SUVs or crossovers. One did make crossovers for a short time. Most of those plants were already down to just one shift and lots of closed weeks. Originally Posted by Chief62
Gas prices jumps to 4 dollars a gallon and those plant will have 3 shifts running in no time.

So IB can really thank Trump and Saudi and Iran if wants to give them credit!
Gas prices jumps to 4 dollars a gallon and those plant will have 3 shifts running in no time.

So IB can really thank Trump and Saudi and Iran if wants to give them credit! Originally Posted by WTF
Do Texas a favor and move to Canada, WTF!

• WTF
  • 11-26-2018, 03:14 PM
Do Texas a favor and move to Canada, WTF!

. Originally Posted by IFFFY3
That'd be doing Canada a favor.

MCGA

Are you just now getting over the midterm election blue wave?
More lies? I think there should be sanctions for inflammatory, insulting, and demonstrable false OPs.
  • WTF
  • 11-26-2018, 03:26 PM
More lies? I think there should be sanctions for inflammatory, insulting, and demonstrable false OPs. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Start a new thread about how you think the forum should be run...

And you think GM is lying about closing plants?

Holy chit, even Trump acknowledged it.
Awww IB just take points from the past, not the present from the article.

NOW IB GM is looking to close plants. Care to comment on that? Plants that make economy cars! Lol

Care to comment on how low oil prices depress the sale of smaller cars...you want to thank Trump and Saudi Arabia?
Originally Posted by WTF
From the cited article:

About 970,000 Americans worked in the United States auto industry in October, an increase of 12,800 since Mr. Trump took office in January 2017. Most of that growth, however, came in one corner of the industry, manufacturers of recreational vehicles and trailers. Makers of auto parts have added about 2,000 jobs during that time.

So IB can really thank Trump and Saudi and Iran if wants to give them credit!
Originally Posted by WTF
There's been substantial job growth due to lower gas prices. It says so in the article.
GM should make cars people actually want to buy.
  • WTF
  • 11-26-2018, 04:10 PM
From the cited article:

There's been substantial job growth due to lower gas prices. It says so in the article. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Really...that is wtf you got out of the link I posted? Hmmmm below is partially what it said. :

But investors welcomed the news, sending the company’s shares up almost 5 percent, to their highest level since July.
For the last several years, as gas prices have remained low, consumers have gravitated toward bigger, roomier vehicles like pickup trucks and sport-utility vehicles. Demand for small and midsize cars has plunged. Earlier this year, Ford said it would stop making sedans for the North American market and announced cuts in its work force.
The companies have also paid a price for the tariff battle that Mr. Trump set in motion. In June G.M. slashed its profit outlook for the year because tariffs on steel were driving up its costs. The company does not import a great deal of steel into the United States, but the increased demand for domestic steel has raised prices.
  • WTF
  • 11-26-2018, 04:14 PM
From the cited article:

Quote:

Originally Posted by I B Hankering
You left this part out IB. I wonder why?

Over all, the auto industry has added nearly 350,000 jobs since the industry bottomed out in the wake of the Great Recession, with most of that growth coming under President Barack Obama. But the industry still employs tens of thousands fewer people than before the crisis, and hundreds of thousands fewer than in 2000.
You left this part out IB. I wonder why?

Over all, the auto industry has added nearly 350,000 jobs since the industry bottomed out in the wake of the Great Recession, with most of that growth coming under President Barack Obama. But the industry still employs tens of thousands fewer people than before the crisis, and hundreds of thousands fewer than in 2000.
Originally Posted by WTF
You just pointed out that more jobs were lost than were gained in the industry on Odumbo's watch, and it's disingenuous to blame Trump for what's happening in the Canadian job market.
  • WTF
  • 11-26-2018, 04:50 PM
You just pointed out that more jobs were lost than were gained in the industry on Odumbo's watch, and it's disingenuous to blame Trump for what's happening in the Canadian job market. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I also pointed out that it is down hundreds of thousands since the 2000 which means the majority were lost on Bush's watch.

And it is not disingenuous to point out all the job losses that Trump and the Saudis have caused with their low oil prices.

You're like Trump, you want to take credit for the ying and dismiss the yang.