Maybe it’s time to give the stars a rest?

I hesitate to mention this but here goes.....I can’t help but notice the back and forth with star ratings on certain reviews. There is no rhyme or reason to it other than it’s apparent that either the provider or the hobbyist that writes the review is getting dinged because the dinger doesn’t care for the provider. Case in point. Fred Thompson wrote a killer review on Sexy Brittany fairly recently. It was the kind of review that I wanted to smoke a cigarette after reading, and I don’t even smoke!!! Here is a link to the report. And believe me, this is not the only one. Just look at the Encounter reports.

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2545111

There is no way in hell a review like that should have 3 stars. I would be willing to bet money that there were several legit 5 stars countered by a few one stars initiated by the one that has an axe to grind who recruits a couple of buddies to help ding it with the 1’s. I wouldn’t be surprised if there aren’t any 2,3, or 4 star ratings on the review. Just a hunch. Obviously we have no way of knowing for sure. I honestly couldn’t give two shirts about stars on a review, and I doubt that I’m the only one. Except for the fact that it’s annoying AF to see these juvenile antics continue. So if my guess is way off base then shame on me. But if anyone is doing this and I suspect there are a few, please just stop and grow the FU! So what’s it going to be? We can (A) continue on in a drama free Hobbyville or (B) Get an early start on the 4th of July and let the fireworks roll. I hear tell there’s a line in Vegas and the odds are currently 2:1, with a strong probability of upward mobility. Don’t wait too long!
FWIW I doubt Fred Thompson gives a shirt about the stars. I’ll bet he is busy selling reverse mortgages in the sky!!!
I know I know. I’m a smart ass . Guilty as charged
I have noticed the same thing happening to a lot of my reviews, and most recently, the two-girl reviews with me & Joy.

I have my suspicions about who is doing it, but I don’t want to perpetuate drama by dropping names. I will say that it’s not affecting us at all... we are completely rocking it!

There will always be petty people. Better to ignore them than to let them think that they’re bothering you.

P.S. I gave your thread five big stars, Austin.
Haha! And some “Richard” countered with a 1 Star! LMAO! I knew it! Chickenshirt!
Great point Austin! I think star ratings are overrated. When I write a review, I don't care or give it much thought. I have never seen a provider over star ratings.
I agree about this aswell as the juvenile antics. Yet there are provider that cause alot of the drama too.
Haha! And some “Richard” countered with a 1 Star! LMAO! I knew it! Chickenshirt! Originally Posted by austin88998833
I was thinking to myself that would probably happen the minute I rated you five stars. Trolls! Hilarious.
I agree about this aswell as the juvenile antics. Yet there are provider that cause alot of the drama too. Originally Posted by Issabella Monroe

Shhhhhh........ Don't tell anyone.
Shhhhhh........ Don't tell anyone. Originally Posted by Das Ficker
I have a pretty Good “G”uess....
I have a pretty Good “G”uess.... Originally Posted by BabyDallass
LoL!
m.eccie.net
Avoid the stars
I know. I’m a smart ass . Guilty as charged Originally Posted by austin88998833
From one smart ass to another, I always give myself 5 stars.

That is because I use spell and grammar checking and I like to treat it as my diary. Who knows there may be a day when I get to a point of just saying "I dropped a load in her mouth and left" but for now, these are, at least to me literary works of art.

I think the ECCIE star ratings are just like Yelp reviews, one star for people really pissed off or 5 stars from either the owner or a friend. I never use them alone. I look at other ways of rating to make sure there is a consensus. I do the exact thing on ECCIE and read the reviews themselves.
As far as the haters, there must be a few. On fosterwheatly’s last review, I gave it a solid 4. Not as long as mine but it covered everything needed and it was an honest review. Noticed that the stars didn’t change so I hovered over it and saw it had a score of 2.57 with 7 votes. So with a little number crunching, let’s say with my 4, one person gives a 5 and another a 1. That means 4 people on average gave a 2. That’s not right. I wish in order to vote, you had to do it while leaving a reply. Not to tie your vote and name together but at least you see the names of all that voted.

Lately I have been spending more of my time in the Dallas area where more important discussions are occurring such as:

What Star Trek Character would you most like to fornicate with?

I would end by saying that's my 2 cents but I think I left a few bucks!
Definitely 7 of 9
Ah, I see we are back down to two stars again . Come on folks, is that all you got? Give me some more 1’s. I did. Just voted it a one. Think of it as a golf score. The lower the better, lol.
...Think of it as a golf score. The lower the better, lol. Originally Posted by austin88998833
Or limbo! How low can you go?
Or limbo! How low can you go? Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
There is another game you can go all the way down