Great Advice, But Here's the REAL Answer

I decided to take my issues, great and small, along with some looming ECCIE issues, to the fount of all wisdom in DFW...Elliot's Hardware.

I asked for at the desk for the wisest geezer in the building, and they sent me to plumbing fittings. There he was, like Aqualung in a blue denim shirt, right by the 3/8" ball valves.

So I put it all out there for him. I even, on my own phone, surreptitiously showed him some of the race, drivel, limp dick and hater/wk threads permeating the community. After several minutes of scratching his chin he beckoned me closer with his crooked finger, I bent in over his walker, so close his nose hairs tickled my ear, and he whispered to me....

"Son, never buy a cheap table saw"

Holy fuckballs! Whoa! That is like SO fucking deep...I dunno...

Is he right?
  • hd
  • 10-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Yep

the answer will become more clear with age
i think he is right...

if you buy a cheap table saw, you could cut off your middle finger(s). without your middle finger(s) what would you do??

that's my take
So, you finally took pfmtony up on his offer of a Meet-n-Greet? Did you take him up on the offers of beers, too? Or did y'all just hug and go your separate ways, always to wonder 'what might've been'?

I can't wait to read your tale of the sage Wal-Mart greeter.

You're on a roll Phildo.
Found on a Swedish chainsaw: "Warning - Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals" (Was there a lot of this happening? My God!)
In all deep thinking advice there is the obvious. If the blade of a cheap table saw comes off, it is just below waist high. Your hobby days would be over and all the aggravation of the board along with it.

Wear Kevlar pants when operating cheap table saws. We'd hate to lose you that way.
I had a similar experience at Elliots but it was where they sell cast iron
skiletts, the old sage said "never fry bacon naked".
That dude in Elliot's not only speaks the truth, he IS the fuckin' truth.

I will plan my pilgrimage in the near future.
It makes sense....