eccie clean up a little?

jan 10--since all sex ads on back page have been closed down, eccie is ,of course VERY VALUABLE to all eccie members-
---we do NOT want eccie to be closed down-
-question to all mods---do you think that maybe ecccie should "clean up" its advertising a little
(the way P411 was required to do at the beginning of Jan 2106 because of new retrictions placed by Canadian govt)----maybe eccie should consider restricting full pussy photos, and limiting how explicit sex pics can be on eccie--do not want to chance having eccie closed down also
  • ~Ze~
  • 01-10-2017, 03:33 PM
I am pretty sure explicit photos were not allowed on BP either. The feds don't really care how graphic photos are they will do whatever they want anyways.
Part of BP's problems stem from them censoring some words, phrases, etc.. and from editing out things themselves. That put them in a position of culpability-- or at least, that is what the Feds are trying to argue. They are stating that by censoring and editing, BP gave up its rights to protection under the guise of not being responsible for the content posted by others.

So yeah.. having specific words, phrases, etc become no-nos again (we've already done that once here) isn't the answer. P411 did it to comply with laws in Canada because in Canada, it is legal.. and easier to stay within the law.
The state Attorneys General (who have brought cases against BP, not the Feds that I'm aware) have no case, and have been shot down trying to do this to BP before. As ShysterJon said in another thread, BP did this of their own accord, bowing to pressure to censor. Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act shields service providers from being prosecuted or sued for content provided by their users over the service (except violations of Federal law, not state laws like Texas's prostitution laws). So ECCIE isn't legally responsible for things we post, BP isn't legally responsible for ads users post, and Time Warner/AOL/etc aren't legally responsible for things their customer do on the internet. Depending on where ECCIE is based, anti-SLAPP laws could help alleviate any legal costs of defending against bogus lawsuits by shutting them down early in the process (Texas has a rather robust anti-SLAPP law, for example).

The only thing that could really get ECCIE or similar sites shut down would be actions or decisions made by the owners/operators of the site, or violations of Federal law.

Disclaimer: I'm not in any way a lawyer, I just read a lot of what real 1st Amendment and Internet/IT lawyers say. Any actual lawyers in this area, please feel free to overrule anything I got wrong.
More taint photos should be posted. Lack of taint bit bp in the butt.
jan 10--since all sex ads on back page have been closed down, eccie is ,of course VERY VALUABLE to all eccie members-
---we do NOT want eccie to be closed down-
-question to all mods---do you think that maybe ecccie should "clean up" its advertising a little
(the way P411 was required to do at the beginning of Jan 2106 because of new retrictions placed by Canadian govt)----maybe eccie should consider restricting full pussy photos, and limiting how explicit sex pics can be on eccie--do not want to chance having eccie closed down also Originally Posted by Sherry of DFW
Ok. We will sign you up for very senior advisor to ickeee
  • grean
  • 01-11-2017, 02:04 AM
BP sells hookers. Everything is make believe here on Eccie. There aren't any real hookers here.
The state Attorneys General (who have brought cases against BP, not the Feds that I'm aware) have no case, and have been shot down trying to do this to BP before. As ShysterJon said in another thread, BP did this of their own accord, bowing to pressure to censor. Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act shields service providers from being prosecuted or sued for content provided by their users over the service (except violations of Federal law, not state laws like Texas's prostitution laws). So ECCIE isn't legally responsible for things we post, BP isn't legally responsible for ads users post, and Time Warner/AOL/etc aren't legally responsible for things their customer do on the internet. Depending on where ECCIE is based, anti-SLAPP laws could help alleviate any legal costs of defending against bogus lawsuits by shutting them down early in the process (Texas has a rather robust anti-SLAPP law, for example).

The only thing that could really get ECCIE or similar sites shut down would be actions or decisions made by the owners/operators of the site, or violations of Federal law.

Disclaimer: I'm not in any way a lawyer, I just read a lot of what real 1st Amendment and Internet/IT lawyers say. Any actual lawyers in this area, please feel free to overrule anything I got wrong. Originally Posted by The Proper Stranger

No, there isn't technically a "Federal Case" at this point... but, this was done a day in advance of the Senate hearings. The argument being made in regards to the Communications Decency Act is that since Backpage participated in the censorship of some words and phrases.. and in some cases went as far as to edit posts manually-- is that such actions therefore make them culpable and void the protections of the act. Whether that holds water or not... we will see.
  • L.A.
  • 01-11-2017, 08:11 AM
Sherry's heart is in the right place. She's trying to protect her livelihood and can't fault her for that.
Sherry's heart is in the right place. She's trying to protect her livelihood and can't fault her for that. Originally Posted by L.A.
Agreed-- she means well. I just don't want to see a Chicken Little approach because of this. We all survived CL going away... yes, this will suck for many ladies who relied heavily on BP, but there will be other sites that rise up from the ashes.

As a side note-- if you are a female who relied heavily on BP and you're feeling a bit lost about what to do now-- feel free to PM me. I'm more than happy to help you out with marketing/advertising suggestions and advice. I may be a bit abrasive on the boards, but I'm always here to help any lady who needs it.
Curious what you ladies think about this advice from provider Amanda Brooks:

http://www.texasgoldengirl.com/after...t-advertising/
Its basic, yet solid advice. Amanda is generally always on point when it comes to branding and marketing.
Great advice everyone. Hopefully sites which have traffic comparable to Backpage and more importantly are accessible to sex workers at all income levels pop up sooner rather than later.

Also, SaucyMktg is another amazing marketig resource which is run by a highly reputable former companion. Joy has updated her blog with some possible options for those who are hard hit by Backpage's adult ads closing down.