Mayweather vs. Canelo.....

Who were ya'll rooting for?? Personally, I like Mayweather but thought he could use kinda an ass beating cause he's so cocky at times.... plus.. he never took up Pacquiao on his challenge.... BUT... I'm glad he won!! H is a very good fighter....

I took a friend to go and see it with me and she had Mayweather by a knockout.... which... obviously didn't happen.. lol...
It was ok fight it wasn't worth 75 to me though.
Boring fight i was rooting for canelo but he wasn''t ready for mayweather
Who the hell was Canelo? Seriously the fight was a joke, the guy didn't have the experience nor was he even remotely close to being Floyd's equal. I would love to see Mayweather get his ass beat but Canelo wasnt the dude who was going to be able to do it......shit even the wagers should've sent him a message....40mil Floyd 5 Mil Canelo, give me a break.

Then again Mayweather only takes fights with dudes he knows wont stand a chance.....(waiting on Ike )
  • Trey
  • 09-15-2013, 03:01 AM
Who do you want him to fight? He's beat up every Mexican they put in front of him. You know it's gotta be a Mexican again as may is on the way. I thought it was what was expected, why anyone would expect more at this point I don't know.
Yeah so who should he fight? who can beat him? I thought the red headed mexican was suppose to dethrone hipm??
Maybe his next opponent should find
two more judges like the one who called it a draw. that man needs to be investigated.
Maybe his next opponent should find
two more judges like the one who called it a draw. that man needs to be investigated. Originally Posted by ilikefun
"That man" is a woman.

Judging 'controversy' can't steal Floyd Mayweather's thunder in lopsided win over Canelo Alvarez
So much for De La Hoya's stupid ass blue print I guess ?
  • R.M.
  • 09-15-2013, 07:34 AM
gaylayho.jpg

What do you expect?
good one Reese!

At this point there is no worthy opponent for Mayweather so who should he fight now isn't the question, it's who should he have fought back then and the answer was Paquiao. Before you crusaders go on about some dumb ass blood test Pacman agreed and Floyd put up another wall by trying to rip him off with money. When you have an opponent like Paquiao and a fight labeled fight of the century it should be about making your mark in history rather than winning a few dollars.

As for Canelo and the De La Hoya crew, Well Oscar could give a shit less his job is to make money so of course he's going to talk his dude up even if he knows he sucks. That agreed 5 mil tells you what Oscar thinks.
Funny thing is, Canelo was the best guy for the job and Mayweather made him look very mediocre at best. Canelo is a beast, but he wasn't ready for Mayweather. Nobody is really. At 36 Floyd is making dudes look silly.
For a number of years, I couldn't stand Mayweather. His arrogance influenced how I felt about him as a boxer. I kept telling everyone, just wait until he is really challenged. In the meantime he has destroyed everyone they have put in front of him. And as much as I still hate paying Mayweather a compliment, at 36 years old, you would be hard pressed to find a faster, more accurate boxer. I literally believe he looked better in the last couple of fights than he has in years. I think he has really improved by training with his Dad instead of his uncle.
With regard to the scoring, the woman that had the fight judged a draw should never be allowed to judge a fight again, her decision was absurd. In my opinion, it was 11-1 Mayweather. And I was being generous giving Alvarez that one round.
Nobody can fuck with him .skills to good
It was ok fight it wasn't worth 75 to me though. Originally Posted by ashley
Agreed.

May clearly won but Canelo held his own and the fight went the distance. I expected May to drop him but it did not happen. May did not give him an ass-whupping. At only 23 yrs old Canelo will likely be a force to be reckoned with in the future. He is strong, fast and can take a punch.