good discussion attempt#2 drama-good for business?

There's been some "drama" lately. I don't think I'm betraying anyone in saying that there's a recent thread in the men's lounge decrying the recent "drama"... But you know what the 1st thing I do is? I look up everything I can about the provider that's the subject of the drama. And I bet I'm not alone and liked what I saw. Admittedly, I'm a relative newbie. One of the most attractive ladies I found from searching the showcases told me she was UTR following some drama a few months back but had all the clients that she wanted/needed and was not accepting anyone new. There was a recent review of someone involved with "drama" and she was hard to get a hold of because she was busy... But it was still a much anticipated review.

In my experience not just personally but among my folks at work, when there is stress on the home front often-times the solution is to plow into (so to speak) the work with a vengeance. Is this the case among providers as well? If so, can the question be asked whether "drama" is then good for business?
Just thought it might be a good topic for discussion.
I don't think you're supposed to be sharing what gets said in the Men's Lounge, hence the reason why it isn't accessible to everyone on the board like this thread is.

ECCIE Guideline #20
http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5
dentonseek, I'm not revealing any content, just the topic of conversation.

Maybe I should have entitled this:

"Ladies: drama -yes or no?"

just trying to generate thoughtful dialogue.
no specific info revealed thus far however you could have started the topic without alluding to the men's lounge. no harm no foul at this point. carry on.
If so, can the question be asked whether "drama" is then good for business?
Just thought it might be a good topic for discussion. Originally Posted by dyb156
you titled it "good discussion attempt#2", but personally, unless the question is a very specific one asking for personal experiences, i think/expect that the discussion is going to be all over the map, without much knowledge exchanged.

so, can drama be good - yes and no, it all depends on the persons involved.
Drama I avoid like the plague. However, it does seem that it can also prove beneficial for the provider, especially if she is the focal point of said drama. It does attract attention and piques the curiosity of the gentlemen. Just depends on how severe the drama is.

*I'd also like to welcome you to the boards, and thank you for your genuine attempt at sparking interesting discussion in this forum. (In agreement with pmdelites on the title) Welcome!
  • npita
  • 04-21-2010, 08:13 AM
It does attract attention and piques the curiosity of the gentlemen.
The question is, does a provider want the kind of guy whose interest is piqued by drama for a client? I always figured that creating drama was a last ditch effort to get business when the usual methods (ads, tcb, service, etc.) failed.
Drama is a very broad term...if we could all agree on a definition I think this thread would be very useful to everyone...hobbyists and providers alike...

Absent a clear cut definition of drama that everyone can agree on, I see this thread going absolutely nowhere...that is unless some of the ladies wish to step forward and address the subject...

"Ladies: drama -yes or no?"
  • Casey
  • 04-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Well I try to stay clear of drama, but it creeps in occasionally usually work related. I don't have many home issues have to say things are quite peachy.

The problem is when ladies are having problems and/or drama the men feel like they can be a super hero and save the day. All men I think have this super hero complex. We are taught from a young age that men need to be the hero and women need to be saved. Look at all the fairytails.

I know that I don't need a knight to come in a save me and I think that hurts my business sometimes. I guess I could act like I need help, but then I wouldn't be me. I am a strong and independent woman. I keep my problems to myself unless I have no other choice because in all honestly as far as this goes I feel like you are coming to escape from reality and they last thing you need is me pouring my problems on your lap. Life is difficult for everyone and people take lots for granted. I have a roof over my head, my kids don't need for anything, we are healty, and I have a pretty wonderful life. I may want more in my life, but I need for nothing. People can be selfish and some never learn, but if things were easy we would never appreciate what we have.

Once you stop running on the treadmill and take a look at what is really going on in this world you take a whole different view. My community has been hit by a tragedy, but we are coming together for someone we never even knew to find answers and make things right. So were are really compassionate people and when things get rough we come together as a community even here. This is something thats ingrained in us, but we also have a survival mode built in.

You are never given anything you can't handle, but we are always tested.

Ok off my serious self and back to the fun loving person I am I know I went way off topic, but there is alot going on here You just have to stop and think sometimes.

Casey
  • npita
  • 04-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Absent a clear cut definition of drama that everyone can agree on, I see this thread going absolutely nowhere...that is unless some of the ladies wish to step forward and address the subject... Originally Posted by fortwortholdguy
The only definition that matters is the answer to the qyestion of whether what you post will negatively affect you (as a provider or client) in the hobby. If the answer is yes, then it's drama. If you err on the side of caution, then anyone with common sense should be able to avoid drama.

I've seen clueless guys refer to providers with terms like ``sleaze'' and I've seen clueless providers refer to guys with terms like ``assholes.'' Whether or not someone thinks those terms are deserved, is irrelevant. What matters is whether posting them will cause providers/clients to not see you. I always thought that reading posts gave betterinformation than reviews.
I've seen clueless guys refer to providers with terms like "sleaze''

I always thought that reading posts gave better information than reviews.
Originally Posted by npita
+1

Couldn't agree more...you can have 500 posts, 25 reviews, P411 and 10 solid references but if a lady checks out your posts and sees that you refer to providers as "hos" or some other derogatory term, she might very quickly cross you off her list.

Sorry for veering off topic but IMO this point can not be stressed enough!!!

FWOG
What is the old saying?
"Any publicity is good publicity, as long as you spell the name right".

I'd like to think I'm a little more discriminating than that, but things don't become "old sayings" by being untrue.
+1

Couldn't agree more...you can have 500 posts, 25 reviews, P411 and 10 solid references but if a lady checks out your posts and sees that you refer to providers as "hos" or some other derogatory term, she might very quickly cross you off her list.

Sorry for veering off topic but IMO this point can not be stressed enough!!!

FWOG Originally Posted by fortwortholdguy
Well said... The term whore and the like are such ugly words... I've met some really wonderful ladies through this site and I certainly don't considere them "whores"...

I have drama at work, at home and darn near every where I go at some point in time... I don't need it with a young lady I choose to spend my time with....

Really simple... Treat each other with the respect the you would like to have afforded you and let the time you spend in the hobby a special time with a special person... You would be surprised at how well it works out...

But it lose a lot of respect for some prick that comes on this site and refers to the ladies as whores, hookers and refer to this site as a whore board...Just not needed... Call me a WK if you want, I don't really give a flying rat's ass...

No charge for that little rant you understand...
I've got drama at work. I've got drama at home. I've got drama with my side civilian girlfriend. I've got more drama that Carter has little liver pills. The very last thing I want in a provider is drama. Period. End of fucking discussion. I hobby to relax and relieve stress. Drama creates stress.
Yeah, Gonzo runs from drama. Biggest and fastest turnoff there is...in or out of the hobby.