Recently Closed Ksoze / Absolutely Thread - Do Stored telephone Numbers of Clients pose a security risk for those clients? Some would say Yes.

I disagree with the practice of allowing an OP to request their thread being closed if there is some controversy brewing as it is an easy loophole to allow someone that just stirred up some shit to evade the shit storm they bring on themselves.

Not necessarily what happened here and I, at times, have requested threads I started to be closed for other reasons. But those are the policies in place....... I'll use them if it is convenient. Can't fault those that do.

That being said. The thread has a valid point being made that has the right to be discussed.

kSoze is obviously a re-creation of someone here for some reason. Time will tell but for now you can't fault the message he is delivering. Trying to discredit him based on the posts in the closed thread is not reasonable.

For some, a lady storing ANY of their information poses a risk. IF LE were to bust a lady for solicitation wouldn't it be a rather common assumption on their part that the men stored in her contact list comprised a client list of sorts? Wouldn't it be reasonable to think they might set up a sting using the Provider's phone and those stored numbers? Send everyone a text to meet at some place for a discounted session and then have some fun with the ones that show up?

Am I worried about it? Not really. I handle my own security fairly well and don't put much blame on others for something like this...

But I don't discount ANYone's right to be concerned.

It's kSoze's right to raise that as an issue or ask questions.

CoEd is NOT simply a place to flirt and have fun. It is a place where information relevant to the hobby can and should be presented and discussed by both sides without interference.

ohhh..... Yeah..... and I gotta chime in that RocketRide has definitely been on the WK Bandwagon lately. No question about that. I agree that he oughta step away from it and let the ladies handle their own business.
Agreed. A threAD was started, facts and opinions come out, OP decides.. "oops, getting hot in here", thread is closed.. It is interesting, and a bit scary, as with you Whispers, not scary for me, but we do have a few around here that would rather not have the "lost" phone found and explored. I would think a lost phone is a major problem potentially.
We really have to quit agreeing with each other Nuglet. Just because the world is ending in December can't we keep the feud up on SOME pretense?
I agree and the guideline states as follows:
#22 - ECCIE Staff will go to great lengths to avoid editing, deleting, or censoring our members posts or threads...unless absolutely necessary. Forbidden topics such as underage sex, illicit drugs, bestiality, revealing personal info, medical speculation, or images not in compliance will be removed from public view. Controversial, troublesome, or objectionable posts may draw staff attention or in some cases disciplinary action, but the offending post will not be removed from the view of our membership in any but the most extreme cases. Often times you will find directions, footnotes, or other guidance from staff edited INTO posts which draw our attention. These are for the purpose of educating the readers of what is and what is not acceptable as well as informing others about how these issues have been dealt with. Members are encouraged to RTM posts which include rule infractions or objectionable material if it appears that staff has not already becomed involved with the thread or post in particular.
Note: Staff will consider a request from the original poster to remove a thread/post they have made provided it was recently posted and not replied to. As a general rule, staff will not consider such requests once a thread or post has been visible for at least 4 hours or received 2 or more replies. In these cases, a request from the OP to lock the thread is more appropriate and will receive consideration

We (Staff) are under no direction to close threads at the request of the OP and have no obligation to do so. I do believe that ksoze's posts were a departure from the OP's intended topic and therefore opted to close the thread.
Anyone is welcome to open a thread on the subject of providers storing hobbiests phone numbers in their phones and the merits or lack thereof can be discussed there.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff

ohhh..... Yeah..... and I gotta chime in that RocketRide has definitely been on the WK Bandwagon lately. No question about that. I agree that he oughta step away from it and let the ladies handle their own business. Originally Posted by Whispers
Examples????? Didn't think so!
I simply stated I texted number and recieved no solicitation of an appointment.
I never ever saved anything unless the client ***specifically**** asked me to do so! I have never solicited anyone for an appointment I don't have to do that!
When you're as good as me you keep clients for 5 years consistently!
You don't have to post ADs to get calls anymore when you do what you're supposed to do
I am not K*-*- or m*-*-!
I'm absolutely the best please do not confuse me with the rest!
My TCB is the best!
Haters will always hate what they ain't
you have to wonder why whispers started this thread? ???????????
Everyone have a great weekend !
If I see a lady I expect to be able to text if I want to see her again. If my # isn't in her phone then how is she going to know its me. I don't see a security risk in this. It's a google # attached to a google email all made up. I have at least 10 email accounts for various things to keep anonymity and you can attach a google # to each of them so what's the big. Me thinks the Ksoze kid is someone caught up in the pimp-lady shit with an axe to grind. You notice how his two favorite targets so far are DH and Abs so I figure now that I'm posting again he'll bring it to hometown the "PIMP KILLER"
Whispers no worries I never saved your number! Nor would I ever attempt to call you or see you again!
Ijs

Providers do you wonder?
If all pimps work together here? Use caution Screen Screen Screen ladies!
I never ever saved anything unless the client ***specifically**** asked me to do so! I have never solicited anyone for an appointment I don't have to do that!
When you're as good as me you keep clients for 5 years consistently!
You don't have to post ADs to get calls anymore when you do what you're supposed to do
I am not K*-*- or m*-*-!
I'm absolutely the best please do not confuse me with the rest!
My TCB is the best!
Haters will always hate what they ain't
you have to wonder why whispers started this thread? ???????????
Everyone have a great weekend ! Originally Posted by Absolutely
Since you decided to bomb me by PM, and your box is full, Here is your response dear. Not what you sent me, but my reply to YOU>.>>>>

WTF.. I was with what pimps?. I've never bad mouthed you... what's your issue? Remember dear~~~ You contacted me first, swearing we had been together. I asked you to lunch, WHICH I PAID FOR, so you could see your mistake. Until YOU contacted me, we had never met. I never asked to see you, nor did I ever have you come to my office for a BJ as you claimed. Just another "wanna-be" using excuses to reach out, I'm guessing. As for being "the best"... uh, no you're not. I had no beef with you till now. You should have left well enough alone..You said you were glad "all we did was lunch". You may remember, I did NOT ask to see you again. There was a reason for that. Once was enough. Now go be a good little girl and cleanout your PM box.
I have no problem with Absolutely.

I like having her at the parties I put together.

She's a bigger titty club monger than many others and has more fun and spends more money than some of the guys.

She has no problem expressing herself and stating her opinions.

I respect that.

I started this thread, Absolutely, because I believed that the question that kSoze raises has relevance and deserves to be discussed.

Read the topic of the post as well as the post. I did not reopen this topic to be about YOU storing client's phone numbers. It is about the practice in general.

I do not believe you were posting for the sake of running a threAD. I think you posted with a sincer desire to let people know you needed their numbers if they wanted you to have them.

I do not find it to be a practice that I am personally concerned for because I deal with my own safety and I believe a lot that have Hobby Phones will also show little concern.

BUT......

I have always been a proponent for the free flow of information..... for the rights of members to raise and discuss issues without censure.

If kSoze wants to make this specifically about YOU storing numbers than it will be apparent that it is more petty and personal and I will certainly chime in to him..... he can start his own thread for that purpose.....

Time will tell in that case.

For the moment I felt it was simply the right any member has to raise issues that was being throttled by the thread being closed.

I'll give kSoze the benefit of the doubt as well as allow the assumption that he really is a newbie for now.

I don't want newbies to believe that when they raise an issue that if it is unpopular that it does not have the right to be discussed and will get shut down....

Perhaps if he was truly a Newbie he would not know that he had the right to reopen the topic as a thread of his own.

So I did.... for the reasons stated....

Now in regards to YOUR question specifically Absolutely.....
you have to wonder why whispers started this thread? ??????????? Originally Posted by Absolutely
Why do you want to assume I have some ulterior motive? Attempting to spin this as something personal between you and I is most definitely the wrong position to take. Especially in a public forum....

You can't win a battle of wit or words with me or any other hobbyist as none of us have anything to loose.... Whereas attacking anyone that posts anything you want to remotely consider as having been personally directed at you will surely affect some guys decision in whether or not to see you and have an effect on business..... Simply a bad decision....
Whispers no worries I never saved your number! Nor would I ever attempt to call you or see you again!
Ijs

Providers do you wonder?
If all pimps work together here? Use caution Screen Screen Screen ladies! Originally Posted by Absolutely
And now you are going to disparage others and lump anyone with a problem regarding you as being one of the Pimps?

If you want to post a question TO Providers about the Pimps working together or discuss the need to screen....... why don't you do so in the Powder Room or start your own thread... especially if you desire support and or admiration of an audience.

You are really going down the wrong path here darlin. Reacting without taking time to think.....

Do you really want to start a pissing match here in Coed with me?

Lets get on topic here please...

if you have a comment in regards to the topic, whether or not storing client's numbers should be perceived as a risk..... feel free to weigh in...

If not..... Then post somewhere else....

If you need the attention, as negative as it can and will be, that getting in a pissing contest will bring.....

well... lets do it.... I'm relatively bored and have had no one to really spar with for a long time.....
YAY!!! Finally I've been promoted to "PIMP" status.. Momma would be so proud..
Me too!... Where's my fucking money!... Or Favors!... I need my love....

Wait... Which Women Owe me? I don't even know who to collect from!
  • kSoze
  • 10-06-2012, 02:51 PM
This was not a personal attack on Absolutely. I was merely pointing out that saving clients numbers "in general" is a form of keeping records that poses a big security risk and if Absolutely engages in this sort of practice then clients should be aware that if calling or txting her there is a chance their number might end up being stored in her phone.
If your not using a hobby phone which is NOT tied to you, then you put yourself at risk.