Dog parks in Omaha??

Hi all, hope everyone is having a great start to the day!
I am heading to Omaha and was wondering if there are any nice dog parks I can take my shepherd to play and make new friends. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

My shep thanks you in advance...
The only one I know of is Hefflinger Park.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hefflinger-dog-park-omaha

Used to be softball fields a few years ago. I'll be looking for you there with my vizslas
  • ddwbb
  • 09-12-2013, 11:31 AM
The only one that I know of is Hefflinger park located just west of 108th and maple on Hefflinger park road. It is not the best dog park that I have been to but it is pretty big for large breeds as I have one and take her there every so often. Hope this helps
Thanks so much for the info!! Her and I will be there.
I have actually toured all of the Omaha dog parks. My favorite is Hanscom. It is in the Country Club/Happy Hollow area (is that the right term). That means that Hanscom is treed which makes the entire experience much more enjoyable. Hanscom is in a park itself so the setting is very nice. There is no naturally occurring water - like a stream which means that your dogs won't get wet. Both of Lincoln's dog parks have water running through them which the dogs love but it generally means a bath afterwards.

Heffinger is a repurposed baseball field. Plenty of open spaces of your dogs love to just run flat out but it is not as tranquil.

There is a dog park in Bellevue- pass. The Bellevue dogpark is just a small fenced in space. It is not very nice.

All the dogs we met at Heffinger and Hanscom seemed well behaved.

My recommendation is Hanscom - enjoy.
There is a dog park at the Walnut Creek park in Papillion. Off leash, and fenced on 3 sides. The forth side is water.
Thanks so much for the great info here and in Pm's. We are going to be busy and hope to see all of you there!