Glenn Beck: ‘Liberals, You Were Right,’ We Should Never Have Gone into Iraq

Here is a quote from Glenn Beck:
From the beginning, most people on the left were against going into Iraq. I wasn’t. At the time I believed that the United States was under threat from Saddam Hussein. I really truly believed that Saddam Hussein was funding terrorists. We knew that. He was funding the terrorists in Hamas. We knew that he was giving money. We could track that. We knew he hated us. We knew that without a shadow of a doubt. It wasn’t much or a stretch to believe that he would fund a terror strike against us, especially since he would say that. So I took him at his word.
[...] Now, in spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free. I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes. You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/glenn-bec...one-into-iraq/

Hey WW you literally idolize Beck and you have been quoted many times that you think he (Beck) understands the problem(s) of America- how do you feel now that your idol pretty much admits the Republicans got it wrong???
hahahahaha
I can't wait to hear how the Patriarch of the Notorious Idiot Klan, errrrr Clan (LexiLiar) will try to play this tune!
Wow, he actually gave credit where credit is due. . .good on him.
I can't wait to hear how the Patriarch of the Notorious Idiot Klan, errrrr Clan (LexiLiar) will try to play this tune! Originally Posted by bigtex
You didn't watch that interview either, did you?

How can you possibly look at yourself in the mirror when you don't even bother to get the facts before you begin your obsessive parroting...regurgitation more like it?

Or were you relying on your Monday Morning 20-20 x-ray vision?
You didn't watch that interview either, did you? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Are you sure I didn't watch it? Really, really sure? Or are you just speculating once again?

Actual words of Glen Beck:

"Now, in spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free. I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes. You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have."

Beck even went on to say the following quote: "George Bush and Dick Cheney didn't prosecute it (meaning Iraq) right.

Hmmm, that sounds vaguely familiar!

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/glenn-bec...one-into-iraq/

Once again, I know what my interpretation is!

Looks like LexiLiar's struck out twice in a row! To make matters worse, he never took the bat off of his shoulder! He was caught lookin' both times. Whiff! Whiff!

Please join me in giving LLIdiot a hand.

I think that it is quite humorous that a heretofore leading conservative voice is now backtracking on the ill fated and ill advised spring of 2003 invasion of Iraq. Once again, there is not much left for interpretation with Glen Beck's actual words. True to form, LexiLiar clings to his personal lies because his lies are all he has left to cling to.

What a fraud and now he is being exposed from his own side. At this point, LexiLiar is not sure whether he should continue eating from the messkit he has shit in.

Stay tuned, if we see LexiLiar sportin' his usual shit eating grin, we will know his decision.

Enjoy the fine dining, Lexie!

As for me, I'm going fishing!

Who knows, I might actually see a Barton Creek Salamander along the way.
Oh WHirlaWay Oh Whirlaway the cat got your tongue???? You seem very mute on this topic!!!!
Next think you know, they'll be blaming Iraq on Bush!
Are you sure I didn't watch it? Originally Posted by bigtex
BigTitsLiar, when I ASKED ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
You didn't watch that interview either, did you?

.. I meant "the interview" .... not just the parts you wanted to report.

There you go ... posting your "banners" again ....

... BumperStickerBigTitsLiar .....

Beck predicted years ago what is happening today in Iraq, and he was blasted with ridicule .. that was what the interview was about .... with cuts from the various media outlets laughing at him and ridiculing ... "sound familiar" ...

You hear what you want to hear (or believe you hear).

Enjoy your frivolity.

Next time watch the WHOLE INTERVIEW.
...not sure whether he should continue eating from the messkit he has shit in. Originally Posted by bigtex
I hope you don't consider Eccie to be your "messkit"!

If you do .... well ... so be it.

As for mine, I haven't "shit" in any "messkit" and don't intend to do so, but I clearly don't consider Eccie to be my "messkit"!

10-12 years ago you and your liberal friends were trashing Beck ...

.. now you are embracing him?

Keep up your 20-20 x-ray, over the horizon vision.... it's good for fishing.
.... it's good for fishing. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Actually I had a very relaxing day on the water. Thanks for asking! Unfortunately there were no B C Salamander sightings. Perhaps next time!

Upon my return a CNN op-ed caught my attention. I thought I would share it with LexiLiar. Let's just consider it to be my good deed for the day!

Dick Cheney's amazing chutzpah on Iraq
By Paul Waldman

(CNN) -- You have to hand it to Dick Cheney. How many people, knowing what has happened in Iraq over the last 12 years, would dare to write an op-ed in The Wall Street Journal containing this line: "Rarely has a U.S. president been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many" -- and not be talking about George W. Bush? The man has chutzpah.

The op-ed in question was co-written with Cheney's daughter Liz, former State Department worker and failed Senate candidate. The two are forming a new organization, the Alliance for a Strong America.

Of all the former Bush administration officials who have emerged in the last few days to blame the deteriorating situation in Iraq on Barack Obama, one might think Cheney would be among the last.

It's one thing to turn on your TV and hear that Obama is a dangerous weakling from people like Paul Wolfowitz and William Kristol, the ones who told us that war with Iraq would be cheap and easy, then bring a wave of peace and democracy across the Middle East.

But Cheney?

Cheney was the war's chief propagandist, who told the American public more spectacular falsehoods than anyone, including Bush himself. Cheney was the one who told us in 2002 that "Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction. There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies, and against us."

He's the one who tried to convince us that Saddam Hussein might have helped engineer the September 11 attacks, and who said in 2005 that the insurgency in Iraq was "in its last throes." (The war went on for 6½ more years.)

Cheney had a central role in bringing on a war in which 4,500 Americans gave their lives, tens of thousands more were gravely injured, we spent a couple of trillion dollars, and somewhere between 100,000 and 500,000 Iraqis died.

Cheney's opinion appears to be that all that death and expense never really happened (he doesn't mention them), and that everything bad in Iraq can only be Obama's fault -- because the Bush administration did such a bang-up job there.

"Mr. Obama had only to negotiate an agreement to leave behind some residual American forces, training and intelligence capabilities to help secure the peace," he writes. "Instead, he abandoned Iraq and we are watching American defeat snatched from the jaws of victory."

Would "some residual American forces" have been able to keep a lid on the unending Iraqi civil war that Bush and Cheney so effectively unleashed? We'll never really know, but here's what we do know: The agreement mandating that all American troops leave Iraq by the end of 2011 was signed by one George W. Bush, before Obama took office.

As negotiations over our departure proceeded in Obama's first term, Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki -- eager to have the Americans gone so he could consolidate what would turn out to be a corrupt sectarian rule -- refused to grant American troops immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts. Without that immunity, there was simply no way American forces could remain there. We've heard many people say Obama "should have pushed harder," but nobody says exactly what that's supposed to mean, or why al-Maliki would have given in, especially considering how he's acted since.

And what does Cheney think we should do now? He doesn't seem to have any idea. The op-ed contains precisely zero recommendations about Iraq. Defeating al Qaeda, it says, "will require a strategy -- not a fantasy." But what is that strategy? "Sustained difficult military, intelligence and diplomatic efforts"? Oh, of course -- if only we had known!

At least he's not alone in his arrogance and befuddlement. None of Obama's other critics seem to have much of an idea what we should do in Iraq, or Syria, or anywhere else. They're happy to say that whatever Obama is doing isn't enough, and it isn't strong. But if you ask them to be specific about what different decisions they would make, you'll be met with hemming and hawing.

That's because there are only bad options for America in Iraq, as is often the case in the Middle East. If you delude yourself into thinking that wars are simple and easy, and all that matters is whether you're "strong," then sometimes things become quite clear. We'll just invade, we'll be "greeted as liberators" (that was Cheney, too), and everyone will live happily ever after.

And when what actually results is not that glorious and easy victory, but a tidal wave of violence and despair, then all you need to do is wait until after you leave office, when you can blame it all on someone else.
Dammit! I hate it when I agree with BigAssTucks. Cheney is truly evil. +1
Dammit! I hate it when I agree with BigAssTucks. Cheney is truly evil. +1 Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
And I hate it when I agree with Hanoi COG but it occasionally occurs. +2

I thought the last paragraph from the CNN op/ed (found in post #11) was one of many quotes that proved to be spot on:

"And when what actually results is not that glorious and easy victory, but a tidal wave of violence and despair, then all you need to do is wait until after you leave office, when you can blame it all on someone else."

However, that was not the only excellent quote in the op/ed. There were others, such as:

Cheney was the war's chief propagandist, who told the American public more spectacular falsehoods than anyone, including Bush himself. Cheney was the one who told us in 2002 that "Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction. There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies, and against us."

Or how about this one!

He's the one who tried to convince us that Saddam Hussein might have helped engineer the September 11 attacks, and who said in 2005 that the insurgency in Iraq was "in its last throes." (The war went on for 6½ more years.)

Or this:

Cheney had a central role in bringing on a war in which 4,500 Americans gave their lives, tens of thousands more were gravely injured, we spent a couple of trillion dollars, and somewhere between 100,000 and 500,000 Iraqis died.

Or this:

Cheney's opinion appears to be that all that death and expense never really happened (he doesn't mention them), and that everything bad in Iraq can only be Obama's fault -- because the Bush administration did such a bang-up job there.

Or this:

"Mr. Obama had only to negotiate an agreement to leave behind some residual American forces, training and intelligence capabilities to help secure the peace," he writes. "Instead, he abandoned Iraq and we are watching American defeat snatched from the jaws of victory."

Or even this doozie:

Would "some residual American forces" have been able to keep a lid on the unending Iraqi civil war that Bush and Cheney so effectively unleashed? We'll never really know, but here's what we do know: The agreement mandating that all American troops leave Iraq by the end of 2011 was signed by one George W. Bush, before Obama took office.

So says Darth Cheney!

And who is Eccie's reigning "Chief Darth Cheney Apologist"?

If you answered LexiLiar, the Patriarch of the Notorious Idiot Klan, errrrr Clan give yourself a hand!

One final question: Which of the above quotes was your favorite?

I believe mine was the first highlighted quote!
Rather than address the current reality, BigTitsLiar and HIS CHORUS prefers to villify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Don't think about the past, think of the future. Look forward, not in the rear view mirror."

Don't worry BigTitsLiar .. Cheney was opposed to the occupation of Iraq when he was Defense Secretary, or even pushing on into Baghdad. But like Cheney, you prefer to change your mind as circumstances change.... rather than deal with "current events."
Cheney was opposed to the occupation of Iraq when he was Defense Secretary, or even pushing on into Baghdad. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Is that the best that LexiLiar's got? That is really a long reach. Let's take this latest reach from the top, shall we? In LexiLiar's warped frame of mind, he conjures up an image of Darth Cheney being opposed to the occupation of Iraq during the early 90's as if that will absolve him of any wrongdoing 10 - 12 years later.

Now that is what I call a very long reaaaaaaaaaaaach. Yea, about ten - 12 years worth of reaching.

OK LexiLiar, let's take your argument to a different level. if a future Notorious Bank Robber goes to church and asks for forgiveness of past sins in the early 90's, that will automatically absolve him of any wrongdoing when he robs a bank during the ill fated and ill advised spring of 2003.

Geez, you seem to literally and figuratively being on the verge of exploding.

For one, I am not sure that Darthy Boy was opposed to the occupation of Iraq during the early 90's, (If memory serves me correctly it was GHWB who was opposed) But even if true that has absolutely nothing to do with 'Ol Darthy Boy being in 100% favor of the ill fated and ill advised, spring of 2003 invasion of Iraq. The same invasion he just happened to be the architect of and biggest (Yale Style) "yellleader" for.

I am glad you have your daily reaaaaaaaaaaaching exercises out of the way early this AM. Hopefully tomorrow you will add some reallllllllllllllllity exercises to your daily regimen.

LexiLiar, you have done the Notorious Idiot Family proud this morning. You've taken being the Patriarch Idiot to a new and unprecedented level.

Darth Cheney's latest escapades really have left you grasping at straw's this morning. What an IDIOT!