Procrastinating on school...so tell me...

What is your favorite Christmas movie, the one that signifies that Christmas has arrived? I know, I can hear some of you grumbling now about how it is too early for Christmas. But I am one of those people who get super excited about Christmas WAY too early in the year. So just humor my insanity ;-)

My favorite holiday movie: Christmas Vacation, with Chevy Chase. I know, I have such amazing taste and high standards, it is inspirational :-P

Close second(s): Charlie Brown's Christmas and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (claymation). I also really enjoy How the Grinch Stole Christmas (both the original animation and the Jim Carrey versions).
I can hear some of you grumbling now about how it is too early for Christmas. But I am one of those people who get super excited about Christmas WAY too early in the year. So just humor my insanity ;-)
. Originally Posted by Anna Symon
I am the same way. I start to get excited in October as soon as I see the Halloween candy come out, and usually do not calm down until late January when I am forced to throw my tree out before it becomes a fire hazard.

Scrooge is my favorite Christmas movie because I really identify with the fellow. I know that there have been many versions, but I prefer the earlier ones.
God, thank you for a new thread. And thank you, Anna, for starting it. And thank the academy...

Elf.
#1=White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye (I confess, I watch it during the year, too). It quite likely has the best dance scene in cinematic history.

#2=It's a Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart (I don't watch it every year, but it does mark the beginning of the season).

#3 & #4: Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer/Frosty the Snowman.

In RL, it's the Nutcracker and A Christmas Carol.
I like the version of Scrooge where he changes the ghosts of Christmas instead of them changing him
I like the version of Scrooge where he changes the ghosts of Christmas instead of them changing him Originally Posted by discreetgent
Kinda makes the carol a dissonant sound, eh.
Kinda makes the carol a dissonant sound, eh. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Hearing some groups that sing 'em it can be quite dissonant
I like all of the Muppet Christmas movies.
#1=White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye (I confess, I watch it during the year, too). It quite likely has the best dance scene in cinematic history.

#2=It's a Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart (I don't watch it every year, but it does mark the beginning of the season).

#3 & #4: Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer/Frosty the Snowman.

In RL, it's the Nutcracker and A Christmas Carol. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Oh god, I adore Bing Crosby- I listen to his Christmas album quite a bit over the holiday season... and occasionally throughout the year when the mood strikes me :-)

I can't believe I forgot about It's A Wonderful Life! On of the best movies. I also forgot Miracle on 34th Street (the original 1947 version).

Scrooge is my favorite Christmas movie Originally Posted by Becky
I adore those too :-)

Man, now I am really in the mood to decorate for Christmas and watch a few holiday movies ... this is so not helping my lack of motivation to finish my work hahaha.
I used to get excited for Christmas way too early, until a few years ago I was working in retail and realized that the Christmas trees and decorations started coming to the store by truckload in early July.

My favorite holiday movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas. Oh! Does Bad Santa count? I'm obviously not one for traditional movies.

And Anna, I'm totally procrastinating right now too. We can be bad students together!
Bad Santa is the SSHHIITTTZZZZ!!!
I used to get excited for Christmas way too early, until a few years ago I was working in retail and realized that the Christmas trees and decorations started coming to the store by truckload in early July.

My favorite holiday movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas. Oh! Does Bad Santa count? I'm obviously not one for traditional movies. Originally Posted by Adrielle
Oh yeah, I forgot about Nightmare Before Christmas too! I actually have the "This is Halloween" song as a ringtone on my phone hahaha.

And Anna, I'm totally procrastinating right now too. We can be bad students together! Originally Posted by Adrielle
I always enjoy having a partner in crime ;-)
I like all of the Muppet Christmas movies. Originally Posted by Natalie
Word!

Also Charlie Brown & the Grinch.
I always enjoy having a partner in crime ;-) Originally Posted by Anna Symon
You gals offering doubles?
#1=White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye (I confess, I watch it during the year, too). It quite likely has the best dance scene in cinematic history. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
My fav too...then Miracle on 34th street (old version). I tend to like the older scrooges too.

Some things just shouldn't change. Christmas is one of them. And much like Trix...It's for Kids.