So I had a good excuse to cancel.

• RFPD
  • 08-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Funny think (to me) happen last week that I thought I would share. For years I've had a strict "no hotel" policy and it's usually clear in my ISOs.

There is one provider (won't name) that has a great reputation and incredible reviews that I was willing to break my own rule. By looking at reviews over the last year or so, it appeared, she had started a migration north. I thought she had made it up to the 635 / Josey area. Still not my favorite area, but much better than the 35 / Mockingbird area IMO. I decided to give it a go and break my rule of no hotels.

We had exchanged PMs several times previously and on this day I was going to be her first appointment. I sent refs and started heading to what I thought was her general area. She PMed back to confirm and gave directions to her "elegant" hotel. Let's just say, I don't equate elegance and these two words: REGAL ROW.

So I reluctantly confirmed. I was going to be 30 early so I did a drive by. I was feeling ok about it as I headed south on 35. I could see the hotel in the distance and as I passed over the scenic Trinity river levee, and there it was, a hidden Dallas "4 star" gem.

As I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed three things. Crappy cars and the two boobs of a women on about the 6th floor as she was leaning out of a window cursing at someone in the parking lot.

That was it! I quickly cancelled the appointment and tried to apologize as best I could to a great provider. I really hope she understands.
What was your good reason to cancel? Crappy cars or two boobs? I guess I missed something.
  • RFPD
  • 08-09-2012, 08:47 AM
What was your good reason to cancel? Crappy cars or two boobs? I guess I missed something. Originally Posted by Bloodhound
Agreed. You did miss something.
Why not tell me what I missed?
Not sure if I agree that is a GOOD reason to cancel. I can certainly understand the whole "illusion of passion" thing being instantly removed with that situation, but that isn't a good reason to no show.

Like you say, you knew from the general location it wasn't going to be the Omni, so why didn't you just cancel then?

Sounds like a nasty hotel and I don't blame you for not wanting to be there, but you shouldn't have gone that far before bailing out.
Thanks for putting a little light on the subject mansfield. I'm in Ft Worth and do not know Dallas as well as some of you.
I'm in Ft Worth and do not know Dallas as well as some of you.
Well, being from Ft. Worth all you need to know about Dallas is.... don't go

Just kidding ! Dallasites please don't send me hate PMs

Well no hate PM's but I do try my best to stay west of 360.
Lol I too try to stay west of 360. But in all fairness the op is wrong in this matter. He knew beforehand he didn't like that area. And admitted there were no NICE hotels in that area. So if has personal reasons for not wanting to go therein the first place. He should not have made the appt. To cancel at the last minute because he didn't like said hotel is BS. HE already knew that going in. He should have given the gal some $ for wasting her time. Is actions like this that give all of us a bad name.
You said you don't do hotels and i thinck you should have stuck to your guns. This goes for Hobbiest and Providers if your spidey senses are kicking listen and walk away. I hope you had the decency to inform the provider
  • RFPD
  • 08-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Lol I too try to stay west of 360. But in all fairness the op is wrong in this matter. He knew beforehand he didn't like that area. And admitted there were no NICE hotels in that area. So if has personal reasons for not wanting to go therein the first place. He should not have made the appt. To cancel at the last minute because he didn't like said hotel is BS. HE already knew that going in. He should have given the gal some $ for wasting her time. Is actions like this that give all of us a bad name. Originally Posted by Texasquest
Ok, easy there Hotrod. What you don't understand is that the location wasn't provided until appointment was confirmed (even though I ask prior to). Remember that based on previous reviews, I could only assume the location was further north. The cancellation happen within 10 or 15 minutes of confirmation, not 5 mins before the scheduled appointment. Minor Inconvience to the provider? Maybe, but not worth it just to make sure you maintain a good name.

As far as 'GOOD' reason, I define this as any reason to protect my own safety.
  • RFPD
  • 08-09-2012, 10:21 AM
FYI. Looking back at PMs, it was actually 7 mins between confirming and cancellation.
I have to go with everyone else on this one OP. It was really was rude what you did to her. You wasted her time without as even offering $20.00. $50.00 or any token of showing her you DO respect her time. So I don't know what your point is by posting this thread unless you feels some sort of guilt/doubt or regret of your actions.
Well HOTROD how can it be 7 mins when in your original post you said you arrived 30 mins early. Hmmm. 30 early. Plus drive time plus negotiating time equals a lot mre than 7 mins. So I stand by my statement. You did NOT have a good reason and should have given her some $ for wasting her time. I also hope she puts you on blast in the back channels so the other providers cam see how much of a stand up guy you are.
it was actually 7 mins between confirming and cancellation.
It may have been 7 minutes after you found the specific location but you said in your OP you knew it was around Regal Row at least half an hour before.

It's nitpicking yes but it seems that what you want here is someone to justify your actions since you know you were wrong or at least a little inconsiderate.

So, what did the lady have to say about it? From the whole story it seems that she wasn't dishonest with you really about where she was, just vague.

In that case it's up to you to push for a more specific location or bail out. You went anyway and unfortunately it wasn't what you wanted. Doesn't relieve you of the responsibility to be fair about it.

What did she say? Did you offer to make it up in some way? That's really all you can do.

No you should never do anything that you feel puts your own safety at risk, but you have to perform due diligence too and it doesn't seem that happened.

Offer to make it right in some way satisfactory to you both and move on.