Spring Break South Padre Island

Any providers planning to be at South Padre Island March madness for spring break?
I am here.... Arrived last nite....mmmm blissfull beach.
I am also interested if more providers come down to SPI during spring break.
Is it crazy down there right now?

Do they allow beach camping?
Is it crazy down there right now?

Do they allow beach camping? Originally Posted by rekcaSxT
yes they do allow beach camping up on the primitive part where there are no buildings.
Is it like in Nueces County? You get a beach parking pass and that's it?

I am thinking of going down soon, but since spring break is going on, maybe just camping is a better idea than trying to get a hotel room.
Is it like in Nueces County? Originally Posted by rekcaSxT
Nueces County is the Corpus Christi area, and we've got plenty of good beach here to party on, and there's some camping allowed on Padre Island south of the main areas (as far as I know of).

For SOUTH Padre Island, you need to keep going down Hwy 77 until you hit Brownsville, then take a left out to the island. That's another 2 1/2 hr drive south of the Corpus area. They tend to be a little more crazy out there, but we do manage to hold our own here, from time to time.
I know where S. Padre is. I was asking if the camping is LIKE it is in Nueces County. As in, is it similar or the same. I camp on the beach around Corpus all the time. I was trying to figure out how to do the same thing in S. Padre.

I am sorry if I didn't make that clear.
Sounds like it is the same. You get a pass to drive on the beach and you can camp anywhere up the beach for about 30 miles. There is a nude beach section about 7 miles up marked with a big buoy
i'm on the island and will be there for a while....don't think i'll be doing much work. =)
I wont be on South Padre but Ill be on the Island that's for sure, nothing like Celebrating St Patty's Day on Wens where I can look at half naked people all day!!!
  • dcarr
  • 03-15-2010, 03:04 PM
On the South side of the Island is Isla Blanca Park, they do have a tent section but it's mostly trailers. You can go south and pitch a tent anywhere, but your further from the clubs and action. Wish I could spend some time out there but I have another month of this heavy workload than I can take some time off.
i'm on the island and will be there for a while.... Originally Posted by pamperedsecret

....don't think i'll be doing much work. =) Originally Posted by pamperedsecret
Any providers working over the next week or so in South Padre Island?
i'm on the island and will be there for a while....don't think i'll be doing much work. =) Originally Posted by pamperedsecret
Awwww..

Here's to having a good time though!