North Carolina student thought there was a ghost in her apartment but it was a man hiding in her closet wearing her clothes

https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/nor...5073861ac.html

Greensboro, NC (AP) -- A University of North Carolina at Greensboro student found a man in her clothes going through her closet in an apartment just steps away from the college.

It happened at the Summit at the Edge Apartments at 1212 Oakland Ave. over the weekend.

“I’ve been having like pieces of clothes missing. Like shirts and pants,” says Maddie, a junior at the college.

Items were disappearing and hand prints were left behind on the bathroom wall.

It wasn’t until Saturday that she uncovered a mystery that she and her roommates thought was a ghost.

“I just hear rattling in my closet. It sounded like a raccoon in my closet,” Maddie said. “I’m like who’s there? And somebody answers me. He’s like ‘oh my name is Drew.’ I open the door and he’s in there, wearing all of my clothes. My socks. My shoes. And he has a book bag full of my clothes.”

Police said that was 30-year-old Andrew Swofford. He appeared in court on Monday via video conference from the Guilford County Jail.

Maddie called her boyfriend. As she calmly waited for help, she talked to Swofford to keep him distracted.
“He tries on my hat. He goes in the bathroom and looks in the mirror and then is like ‘you’re really pretty, can I give you a hug?’ she recalls. “But he never touched me.”

The big question the women are trying to get answered is how he got inside.
They said their doors are always locked and they did not see any damage to them.
But what really scares the women is that this is not the first time strange men have been inside their apartment.

Pic of the creepy guy Andrew Swofford:

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...size=416%2C450

I was creeped out after reading this article. I went and checked all the closets, pantries etc. in my home to make sure no one was hiding there. I'm going to start locking my doors all the time, even when I step out to throw the trash and check my mail. Be careful out there everyone
  • BLM69
  • 02-05-2019, 06:57 PM
He's must of watched too much Casper the friendly ghost as a kid to believe in that crap, I'll bet he sees a UFO flying by a couple of times a year
Reminds me of an incident that happened to me in 2015 after a visit with a guy that I'd seen 5-6 times before. After our visit, I walked him to his truck, on my way out to walk my dog. I did not go very far and came back, noticed that his truck was still there...thought it was odd...came in condo to find him in my closet going through my lingerie. Pretty sure the neighbors across the street could have heard me screaming.

At that time it didn't occur to me to lock the door when I was walking the dog or taking the trash out, but I do now. I don`t necessarily think he would have actually hurt me physically, But he scared the hell out of me. He sent me a text saying that he was "obsessed with my lingerie" and hoped I`d forgive this "little incident" and that we could continue "going out".

YES, LOL...He was a member here.
Reminds me of an incident that happened to me in 2015 after a visit with a guy that I'd seen 5-6 times before. After our visit, I walked him to his truck, on my way out to walk my dog. I did not go very far and came back, noticed that his truck was still there...thought it was odd...came in condo to find him in my closet going through my lingerie. Pretty sure the neighbors across the street could have heard me screaming.

At that time it didn't occur to me to lock the door when I was walking the dog or taking the trash out, but I do now. I don`t necessarily think he would have actually hurt me physically, But he scared the hell out of me. He sent me a text saying that he was "obsessed with my lingerie" and hoped I`d forgive this "little incident" and that we could continue "going out".

YES, LOL...He was a member here. Originally Posted by alaine
That sounds scary. I'm glad you weren't harmed. I can't believe he would do something like that and still expect you to forgive him and keep seeing him.
That sounds scary. I'm glad you weren't harmed. I can't believe he would do something like that and still expect you to forgive him and keep seeing him. Originally Posted by VeryClean
Sure you can. Takes all kinds. Just read some of the reviews and comments on here to find out about some of the guys. I am surprised some of them ever get to see anyone more than once.
Sure you can. Takes all kinds. Just read some of the reviews and comments on here to find out about some of the guys. I am surprised some of them ever get to see anyone more than once. Originally Posted by lipsandhipster
Yep. You have a valid point.