This Christmas is different

Over the years, Christmas for me has fallen into the same pattern as life: Just as in life I do almost everything I do out of a sense of real or implicit obligation, not because I actually want to so, at Christmas, I mainly buy gifts for people that I have to buy gifts for. I do try to find things that people will either enjoy or find useful, but that doesn't lessen the sense of necessity and obligation I feel with regard to their gifts, and the anxiety I feel when I can't come up with something "good enough."

Last year, two special ladies entered my life (this year there are three), and Christmas became different. I wanted to get the gifts to show my appreciation for having made the acquaintances. But they weren't expecting anything, and I was shopping because I wanted to express my gratitude to them and do something nice for them, not because I felt like I had to. With no sense of obligation, I actually enjoyed looking for gifts for them. I am by no means wealthy, and they probably fared better by other clients.

But, somehow, this hobby, whose protocol requires that I compensate the recipients of my gifts for the time they spend with me, has reacquainted me with the joy of giving.

SMH.
Congrats, I noticed this Xmas being different in the opposite way. There is little to no joy it seems this year. I blame the Dfw connector project
Be careful with gift giving. Simple and easily explainable for these ladies (and guys alike) should be taken into consideration. Someone may ask; "where'd that come from"? One lady's SO took offense that I got her a more valuable gift then he could afford.
Usually Christmas and holidays are just another day to me since I don't have any family here. I don't usually get gifts from many clients for Christmas but one guy did tip me an extra $200 and said that was my Christmas present. I thought that was really touching since my own family doesn't make any effort at all to make Christmas special

To the guys that do put some thought into getting ladies a gift for Christmas or just something to show you appreciate her--- kudos to you! I find that admirable that some guys really do think of us as people with feelings and not just a sexual object.

Happy holidays everyone!!
Usually Christmas and holidays are just another day to me since I don't have any family here. I don't usually get gifts from many clients for Christmas but one guy did tip me an extra $200 and said that was my Christmas present. I thought that was really touching since my own family doesn't make any effort at all to make Christmas special

To the guys that do put some thought into getting ladies a gift for Christmas or just something to show you appreciate her--- kudos to you! I find that admirable that some guys really do think of us as people with feelings and not just a sexual object.

Happy holidays everyone!! Originally Posted by sweet.treat69
+1 MUCH appreciation for everything and Merry Christmas to everybody!!