Malware Threat with advertising banners

I just installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware detection software and I see a threat comming from 85.17.184.2 on certain advertising pages. Have not yet determined which advertising banner is causing the issue. Appeared to drop in a trojan that then went to more sites to grab viruses. Cost me $140.00 to clean up computer plus cost of AVG and Anti-Malware software. How is ECCIE checking for valid advertisers so that this kind of thing does not happen?

They carry anything from the TDSS or H8 rootkits, to the WinAntiVirus variant malware.
I don't think ECCIE is at all vulnerable to this since their ads are paid for my members/providers here and are submitted locally rather than rotated from a major ad company where it would be impossible to isolate the submission.
All of the banners have been scanned and contain no viruses/malware. That's not to say there's no concern with images placed in user's siglines. If you narrow it down and it looks to be from this site, let us know. In the meantime, we're gonna look at a way to auto-scan anything that goes in a sigline to guarantee it's safety. If that precaution exists, it'd be a good addition here IMO.

St. C