Stand By Me

• Gbfsl
  • 08-12-2016, 05:56 AM
It is hard to believe, but 30 years ago, on August 8th, the movie "Stand By Me" was released. I don't know about the rest of you guys in the age group that grew up with this movie but it taught me everything I needed to know in life about friendship. Those lessons led me to a pretty successful career.

Great movie....great anniversary of that movie. I watched it over and over again.

Anyone who hasn't seen it, see if you can find it and watch it. Great memories.
Great movie and interesting story behind its unlikely release.

I can watch it over and over and always enjoy.
Perhaps my favorite line in a movie ever, from the narrator at the end: " I never again had friends like when I was 12. Christ, does anyone?"
  • JnR82
  • 08-21-2016, 03:57 PM
I was only 3 when it came out, but it's easily one of my faves. It reminds me of my childhood, running around our small town and exploring the woods along the railroad tracks with my friends. Great movie.
Yes its a great movie never gets old to watch
I think the book was better. It was not a complete book but one of four novella's from Stephen King. I do think it was a great movie and held close to the book. However, I am one of those guys that just think you get so much more detail from the written word.

FWIW, the first movie that comes to mind that was better than the book is "A Time to Kill" by John Grisham. The book was kind of rambling at the end. McConaughey, Bullock, Jackson........and Ashley Judd all sweaty. SWEET!!