is it safe

My friend and I have been talking about going to PN for some time but worry about how safe it is. We ask a taxi driver from Del Rio and he told us not to go. I have read differant views on the subject and get a mix reaction. Anyway has any one been there lately (last 6 months) or talked to anyone that has gone. Also heard BT was about 8 miiles out of town.
Does anyone ever go here??? Looking for info on BT.
It has been about a year since I went. First time was good, there were three clubs in BT, it was late when I finally discovered the best club, I was the only weto in town that night. I doubt that any gringos are going over there now. I usually traveled by bus or rental car on border trips.

Second trip, the best club had closed. Had only one decent club to choose from, and only one hottie there. She had been a star in Acuna, and she had a giant poster (life sized) of herself hanging in her crib (taken while she was working in Acuna). This chick was very hot. I was lucky I got with her and didn't have the whole trip being a waste of time and money.

If you want to know exactly where BT is (or was) google map and find the street on the north end of town called Padre De Las Casas. Follow it up to the streets Fresno, Alamo, Huizache, and Cedro. That is where boys town is and has always been. Any cab will take you there cheap, but only special cabs will take you out (they will try to hit you for $20). I drove a rental car in one time, but it is risky. Everyone is hurting for money down there and more likely now to take advantage.

Thanks This Info helped alot. Have you been any father south lately?
I haven't been in about a year. I was one of the last holdouts who kept going despite the violence. One of my last trips was to Nuevo Laredo. I was walking down the main drag as I have done a hundred times and somebody threw a bottle of water at me. It was a 16 ounce type plastic bottle, and they kind of hurled it way up in the air and it missed me by about 10 feet. Couldn't tell where it came from, but I think the person was up on the roof of a building. They have spotters that watch gringos come in.

The problem is no gringos are going, so you will be the only one there. The local police will rob you faster than anyone else will. Everybody is hurting for money, they have had no tourist income for years now, and I think they kind of resent americans anyways. I am afraid the good old days are gone, and I wonder if they will ever return.

Watch the documentary "Drug Wars, Silver or Lead". It was one of the reasons I quit going, (dont miss the ending).

I haven't been in about a year. I was one of the last holdouts who kept going despite the violence. One of my last trips was to Nuevo Laredo. I was walking down the main drag as I have done a hundred times and somebody threw a bottle of water at me. It was a 16 ounce type plastic bottle, and they kind of hurled it way up in the air and it missed me by about 10 feet. Couldn't tell where it came from, but I think the person was up on the roof of a building. They have spotters that watch gringos come in.

The problem is no gringos are going, so you will be the only one there. The local police will rob you faster than anyone else will. Everybody is hurting for money, they have had no tourist income for years now, and I think they kind of resent americans anyways. I am afraid the good old days are gone, and I wonder if they will ever return.

Watch the documentary "Drug Wars, Silver or Lead". It was one of the reasons I quit going, (dont miss the ending).

Originally Posted by Mr_Electric
If you behave you will be fine there.
I have traveled to the Rio Grande Valley many times over the years. Enjoyed much entertainment over in Mexico as well as on this side. I have only had problems twice in 25 years. In Laredo, and in Nuevo Laredo.
Be careful....................... .................
It's sad when even the police behave worse than the cartels. I think I'd rather take my chance with the cartel, than the police.

It's one reason I have no desire to go to Mexico any more/
It's sad when even the police behave worse than the cartels. I think I'd rather take my chance with the cartel, than the police. Originally Posted by Marcus1972
The police will just take your money. The cartels don't care and could take much more.
PN is safe. Look for the street called Padre de Las Casas, and follow that north. It's about 5 mintues out of town. (on the left) You'll see the neon lights. Lots of hotties in the first club on the right...Club 57 I think, and some more at Club Cactus.