Hotels / elevator in NYC without a key-card ?

These days a lot of elevators in the hotels that you need a key card to use the elevator and reach your hotel room.
If i invite some providers i prefer hotels without key card...
Please advice / info about that kind of hotels.
I prefer upscale hotels
Your upscale and new hotels all require a key to use the elevator so if the provider does not know this it causes problems. Walked away from a provider because she would not come get me......she told me to use the back stairs......ummm...NO FUCKING WAY
i would never use back stairs to see a proivder...
  • Wierd
  • 12-13-2020, 10:03 PM
If there even are backstairs...which there usually aren't at upscale hotels....
If there even are backstairs...which there usually aren't at upscale hotels.... Originally Posted by Wierd
haha and what if she's on the 30th floor. She better offer 30 mins free just to catch your breath and wash he sweat off. lol

Thanks for bringing this up though I've seen this mentioned on other boards but never encountered it myself. Always got away with out a key card even in some instances where the room key reader was on the button panel.
same
I had one tell me what her car looked like, park next to it and placed the key card in secure/ unseen location......she watched me from her window, I got the key card and made my up to her room.......she was a total professional.
There are a few upscale hotels that do not require a key card to use the elevator. I travel to Manhattan commonly and that's mostly where the problem resides.

HGU
*34 E 32nd St
New York, NY 10016
-
Mondrian New York Park Avenue
*444 Park Avenue South
E 30th St, New York, NY 10016
-
Four Points by Sheraton (Midtown West)
*444 10th Ave
New York, NY 10001
  • Yours
  • 01-31-2022, 12:52 AM
There are a few upscale hotels that do not require a key card to use the elevator. I travel to Manhattan commonly and that's mostly where the problem resides.

HGU
*34 E 32nd St
New York, NY 10016
-
Mondrian New York Park Avenue
*444 Park Avenue South
E 30th St, New York, NY 10016
-
Four Points by Sheraton (Midtown West)
*444 10th Ave
New York, NY 10001 Originally Posted by badgrrlbrenda
Just stayed at HGU - it indeed needs a keycard.
I totally get where you're coming from. The key-card elevators are definitely convenient for security, but they can also be a bit of a hassle when you have guests coming over. Upscale hotels often prioritize safety features like this, but there are still some properties out there that offer a more relaxed approach.

By the way, if you're planning something special for your guests, like a welcome package or personalized gifts, you might want to check out https://hinchong.com/. They offer a variety of services like printing and 3D props that can add a unique touch to your event or gathering.
Hey there! I totally get your preference for hotels without key card access to elevators, especially in NYC. Sometimes it's just easier, right? �� If you're looking for upscale hotels with traditional elevator access, you might want to check out some of the classic ones like The Plaza or The Waldorf Astoria. They often maintain that old-school charm.

By the way, if you're into keeping your surroundings in top-notch condition, I stumbled upon this link https://rooterworx.ca/elevator-shaft-waterproofing. Might come in handy for your future projects or considerations.