cord cutting

what are you using to ditch cable?
I haven't had cable in years. Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, etc.
I haven't had cable in years. Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, etc. Originally Posted by CurvyKatie
ok, but what are you using to watch amazon, netflix, hulu etc.
Amazon, jailbroken Firestick, Netfix and Hulu. But cable companies are working around it. Cox now has an extra charge for folks on internet only packages. If your cable provider isn't doing it, expect it will happen. I also highly suggest you use a VPN for your home cable so they can't throttle you for to many downloads or monitor your internet access. I use one on my phone as well.
Many TV's and/or blu-ray players come with apps built in. Amazon Firestick is also nice.
I have 3 tvs, they do not have apps built in.

firestick is a streaming device? what others ones out there?

I don't have cable internet, I use dsl internet.
I have AT&T internet at home.

All of my TV's (you can buy one for $250...) have wireless.

I hooked an antenna for local/digital is now available by antenna. I get about 30 channels with just antenna, which gives me all local sports except ESPN.

Then, netflix, Hulu +. When you turn the TV on, you hit the netflix button on the remote... bingo bongo.

Netflix has some GREAT original programing.

Only thing I can't watch is HBO (Game of Thrones) and ESPN sports.

Deal with wife - 10 years ago - we cut the cable, of the game is on, I'm at a party or bar watching... she said "Bring the kids"... deal.

Then, for the odd "Game of Thrones" I'll buy DVD. They have HBO "Go" but you need a subscription to a basic provider. Some companies now offer internet "cable" packages that you can add HBO GO to, and ESPN as well....

Its still all in transition. The firestick (hacked) is a good option, but I expect that will be limited somehow soon. Just my thought.

I've not paid a cable bill in 10 years. And I'm better for it.
I have 3 tvs, they do not have apps built in.

firestick is a streaming device? what others ones out there?

I don't have cable internet, I use dsl internet. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Firestick is fine with DSL. It connects to your TV via HDMI. It has built in wifi to connect to your hotspot or wifi-router. You can stream: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO, SHOW, YouTube, and a ton of other channels with built in apps. You can also LEGALLY sideload streaming services like KODI to add a helluva lot more channels.

Good Luck.
I'm aware of other methods.

one is to have small dedicated recording (VCR) computer where you can download movies and look at them later.

dsl is fast, but not that fast tho.