Now on your restaurant bill: Obamacare fee

Now on your restaurant bill: Obamacare fee

Several restaurants in a Florida chain are asking customers to help foot the bill for Obamacare.

Diners at eight Gator's Dockside casual eateries are finding a 1% Affordable Care Act surcharge on their tabs, which comes to 15 cents on a typical $15 lunch tab. Signs on the door and at tables alert diners to the fee, which is also listed separately on the bill.

The Gator Group's full-time hourly employees won't actually receive health insurance until December. But the company said it implemented the surcharge now because of the compliance costs it's facing ahead of the Affordable Care Act's employer mandate kicking in in 2015.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/27/news/economy/obamacare-restaurants/

*Isn't it amazing how quickly government imposed fees on business are passed on to the consumer in inflated prices.*
That's a big ass lunch for a party of 1.
interesting ...the chili cheese dog was ordered without bread.
I would not return to that restaurant, or, if it were a favorite of mine, I would be sure owner, manager, and server knew the surcharge would be deducted from the gratuity.
  • CJ7
  • 03-03-2014, 11:49 AM
its impossible to add a surcharge big enough to combat IB's stupidity ..

or JD's
you don't want to pay for other people's healthcare ????

I would not return to that restaurant, or, if it were a favorite of mine, I would be sure owner, manager, and server knew the surcharge would be deducted from the gratuity. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
  • CJ7
  • 03-03-2014, 12:28 PM
you don't want to pay for other people's healthcare ???? Originally Posted by Whirlaway

tip your waiter you moron
  • WTF
  • 03-03-2014, 12:31 PM
you don't want to pay for other people's healthcare ???? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
What about school? Do you want to pay for other people's kids education?
  • Old-T
  • 03-03-2014, 12:32 PM
I think this is a great idea. Now we should put the electricity surcharge on the bill, the property tax surcharge if the restaurant owns the property, and of course the liability insurance surcharge. Plenty of others too--garnish charge, extra napkin charge, social security wage prorated amount, etc.

Unless the restaurant splits those out as well, then call this what it is: a complete BS political whine by a RWW. There is really not anything different between this and prices going up because the lease for the building went up.

But of course some people want to deflect thought wherever they can.

Oh well, just have to look at who brings up certain topics.
What about school? Do you want to pay for other people's kids education? Originally Posted by WTF
Not really, especially the kids of unauthorized workers associated with your continuing criminal enterprise that you refer to as a custom homebuilding company who don't pay their fucking taxes.
  • CJ7
  • 03-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Not really, especially the kids of unauthorized workers associated with your continuing criminal enterprise that you refer to as a custom homebuilding company who don't pay their fucking taxes. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer

According to Social Security Administration data, undocumented workers pay between $6 billion and $7 billion into the Social Security trust fund each year. That comes on top of Medicare and unemployment insurance taxes the illegal workers pay on the more than $72 billion in wages employers reported paying to individuals without Social Security numbers in 2009—the latest data available from the Social Security Administration.
Undocumented immigrants also pay federal, state, and local sales and excise taxes on food, clothing, gasoline, cigarettes and alcohol as well as state and local property taxes

- See more at: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articl....wBnZYg9y.dpuf
  • WTF
  • 03-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Not really, especially the kids of unauthorized workers associated with your continuing criminal enterprise that you refer to as a custom homebuilding company who don't pay their fucking taxes. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
So you think it is a good idea for each parent to pay the cost of their kids school? You do not want to pay for the Asian sex slave's kids even though you fuck their mommies on the cheap? Is that WTF you are trying to convey my Lil faux mensa Jewish lawyer?Oh
According to Social Security Administration data, undocumented workers pay between $6 billion and $7 billion into the Social Security trust fund each year. That comes on top of Medicare and unemployment insurance taxes the illegal workers pay on the more than $72 billion in wages employers reported paying to individuals without Social Security numbers in 2009—the latest data available from the Social Security Administration.
Undocumented immigrants also pay federal, state, and local sales and excise taxes on food, clothing, gasoline, cigarettes and alcohol as well as state and local property taxes

- See more at: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articl....wBnZYg9y.dpuf Originally Posted by CJ7
Yes, so how much do they avoid on what they should pay and do not?
Where are those statistics?
Social security expenditures were 1.3 trillion last year - illegals pay for one half of one percent of that - you and the other criminal employers are getting an almost free ride.
I'll bet you on the Mensa thing, too - remember how you lost last time and didn't pay up?
I don't go to AMP's anymore but when I did I went to the ones that did not have slaves.
  • CJ7
  • 03-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Yes, so how much do they avoid on what they should pay and do not?
Where are those statistics.
I'll bet you on the Mensa thing, too - remember how you lost last time and didn't pay up?
I don't go to AMP's anymore but when I did I went to the ones that did not have slaves. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer

you said they don't pay their fucking taxes ... change your mind ?
Do you count it as paid if they only pay 10% of what they should?
20%? How much less than they owe should they pay?
Do you count it as paid if your employer only pays you half the minimum wage?