When disaster stricks! Having to cancel at the LAST moment.

Hi there,

A very uncomfortable thing happened today.

I had to cancel at the very last second. When I say last second, I mean at the VERY LAST SECOND!

Mother nature showed up a week early at 11:28 when my apt was to show up at 11:30. I felt awful that I had to call him up and cancel.

I did offer him half off the next session if he decided try to see me again. I let him know I respected his time and how truly sorry I was for having to cancel. It really sucked to have to do that to someone.

Understandably he was upset and I don't blame. I would have been too.

So guys....what is your advice for us ladies that have to cancel at the last moment due to something out of her control?

What can us ladies to do soften the blow of the cancellation and still show our respect and appreciation for your time?

Any feed back would be most welcomed.
Whoops...misspelled strikes! Lol
I feel your offer was more than generous. Sometimes guys just need to understand. I've certainly been given some less believable reasons for last minute cancellations. I'd rather find out 2 minutes prior to the session starting than during DATY!
Kaylee, what can you do / say? "Stuff" happens.....those of us in the hobby community; we've all been there (on both sides of the cancelled appointment.....the disappointment & frustration can make you insane (if you let it.)

All you can do is explain the situation...apologize....exten d a discounted session as soon as it's convenient for both parties....and move on. Wouldn't he'd have been more upset if you'd have gone through with the session? Ugh...

An ATF of mine several years ago double booked (me and another guy.....and he had the good fortune to show up mere minutes before me so he was already in). She was embarrassed, made her apology and asked if I could come back later that afternoon which I agreed. She promised to make it up to me.

She extended our previously 1 hr appt to an almost 3 hour marathon session (plus offered a discount on top of that.) I waved off that discount and actually tipped her out on top of that because it ended up being our best session to date (almost like having "make up" sex...). All in all, I couldn't have been happier.....
Kaylee...all I can say it that 'it happens'! Even the best of providers will have to cancel every once and a while. I'd rather a provider just be honest and tell me what happened. If you're a good enough provider you wouldn't have to provide me with an incentive to rebook with you.
I had a very reputable provider cancel on me when she was on the way to our incall two weeks ago. I mean one minute she's texting me saying she's on the way to get an incall and the next minute she just up and cancels with me for no reason. To say that I was PISSED was an understatement! Had she just told me that was tired and not up to giving her 100% performance or feeling ill I would have been very disappointed but I wouldn't have been pissed as I was with no reason for cancellation given to me.
We guys have to understand that what we're giving you is nowhere near fair compensation for what you give us in return. (your body) Being disappointed is a part of life. If you're honest with your customer and they can't handle it then so be it. He doesn't deserve your services.
Sorry that happened to you, but there is a world of difference between a last minute cancellation from a reputable, well known provider whose cycle came early and from a young, newbie whose dog ate her phone. I should think most gentlemen would be disappointed, but gracious. A cancellation with a little notice shouldn't require much,if any, consolation. I think your offer was exceedingly generous. Besides, if you haven't noticed, our equipment doesn't always perform as advertised, either.
I wouldn't be mad at all..I recall when I first ventured into this world I saw a lady who was probably knowingly cycling and she didn't inform me until I noticed.....
I wouldn't be mad at all..I recall when I first ventured into this world I saw a lady who was probably knowingly cycling and she didn't inform me until I noticed..... Originally Posted by 7aurelius

Yuck!
Double YUCK!

Yuck! Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick
He's just pissed because he saw a chance to earn his Red Wings...and you denied that, lol.
Seriously, this has happened to me a few times, more than four, less than twenty. I've always understood...one newbie girl was emotional about it...I just held her and said it's OK...

Kaylee, ladies, any guy that would be upset at you for something you have no control over probably isn't worth the time of day anyway.

Some of the ladies offered discounts or longer sessions. One offered an entire FREE hour and a half. She was special.
Yeah I agree and your offer is more than fair. Some things are out of our control
This Kaylee is where your reputation for being a reliable provider must carry the day. Your discount offer is on target, and along with your stellar reputation should be enough to keep the client.
For the record. He was upset but NICE and understanding about it.

This thread is more about what can a provider do to help show respect and appreciation that your time is valuable when she has to cancel at the last moment.
Kaylee...I think he already knows that you have respect and appreciation for him. (I think so and I've never had to pleasure of your company) If you customer is married/attached then you really can't purchase something for him that might be questioned by his significant other. What you might want to do is give him a little 'bonus time' the next time you two meet?? I'm sure that he'd appreciate it very much!

This thread is more about what can a provider do to help show respect and appreciation that your time is valuable when she has to cancel at the last moment. Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick

This thread is more about what can a provider do to help show respect and appreciation that your time is valuable when she has to cancel at the last moment. Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick
I'm sure anyone of us would be a little upset, but if he is a Nice guy like some of us on here he would be understanding, as it seems he was.

As far as what a provider can do when something like this happens, I think you handled it perfectly. It means a lot for a provider to try and do something to make it up. It shows she really cares about your time with her.

-Acid