Best bbq in Houston?

So, this is my first time visiting Houston (ever) and being that Texas is known for having some of the best BBQ there is to offer , I am looking for recommendations on authentic Texas Style BBQ.
I will most likely be sticking near the downtown area when I land so anything around the area or close by would be much appreciated!!
What’s your fave go to place(s)?
❤️
There is a current thread on the HOH2 board on what BBQ in down town

https://home.ourhome2.net/showthread...wntown-Houston
Thanks ! ❤️❤️
I have yet to find a decent place in the Houston area.
Must try Luling City market on Richmond Ave just inside loop 610 , about a block east of 610 on Richmond. Brisket, sausage and ribs, don’t neglect to try the bar b que sauce.
Noooo! That’s incredibly disappointing to hear. ��
Thanks for the suggestion and I will def give it a try!!
If you checked the link you saw The Pit Room mentioned several times. There is a good reason for that.
Truth BBQ in the Heights.
Rays BBQ on old spanish is very good as well.
I know the request was for down town & sent a link for that but many more options mentioned above and many more if you care to venture out further. Corkscrew in Spring is pretty good as well
I appreciate all suggestions and will be venturing to other areas as well! Thank you all for the recommendations! I can’t wait to compare the bbq in Texas to the bbq where I’m from in CA. I’m sure there’s no comparison ��
You're right, there is no comparison.
Pit Room hands down.
I’ll treat, meet me at Bar b que joint of your choice.