RIP Eddie Van Halen

65 is way to young to die.

Cancer got one of the best. The music he made is a huge part of the soundtrack of my youth.

Going to pour the expensive stuff, light a cigar, and probably listen to their music into the wee hours of the morning.

He was a true guitar legend no doubt.....RIP bro....

Damn shame
meh
Sad day indeed! Still remember the first time I saw them in concert.
RIP
Sad day indeed! Still remember the first time I saw them in concert. Originally Posted by Fizley
I remember seeing VH at Tarrant County Convention Center in the 70s. Before the show started I saw a few aisles over a guy I worked with and his wife. She said "We may be in our thirties but we're still young at heart." Good times.
The real question should be... VH with Sammy or VH with DLR .... ?
The real question should be... VH with Sammy or VH with DLR .... ? Originally Posted by TryWeakly

I liked both.

Like both lead singers in their solo careers also.

(Kinda hard to believe that David Lee Roth has worked as an EMT in New York, claims over 200 911 responses in an ambulance from 2006-2012. Who would have thunk that??).
I preferred DLR with VH but their egos made it impossible.....I liked Sammy much more as a solo artist plus he’s a pretty damn good guitarist himself.....not on Eddie’s level of course but can still shred some killer licks.....
  • R.M.
  • 10-14-2020, 07:20 AM
I read that he was half Indonesian ...