Witness testifies Trayvon was a racist

• WTF
  • 07-16-2013, 02:53 PM
The devil is in the details. They followed the Judge's instructions and definitions. Good. Just like the OJ jury did, just like the Casey Anthoney jury did...

There are a lot of things in live people "want" .. but can't have. I agree. I said I have no problem with our jury system.

They made the correct decision based on the law and the facts. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Had Zimmerman gotten manslaughter...I doubt that the verdict would have been reversed.
Turns out Trayvon wasn't a racist - he was a homophobe !

The Democrats are defending a homophobic teen who beat GZ thinking he was a gay sexual predator....the fucking irony.
  • WTF
  • 07-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Zimmerman shot Trayvon because he thought he was being raped, who knew?
So says Jeantiel.................

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashrj.htm
Had Zimmerman gotten manslaughter...I doubt that the verdict would have been reversed. Originally Posted by WTF
I don't. There was no evidence that his pulling of the trigger with the muzzle pointed at Martin was reckless, negligent, or anything but intentional. The government argued that and so did the defense. That is why the jury asked the question regarding the instruction on manslaughter ... it was the wording of the instruction, following the statute.

Several years ago in Florida there was a similar case on a charge with self-defense against the intentional killing count and the government submitted manslaughter as a "lesser offense" ... the Florida appellate court overturned the conviction on manslaughter and rendered a verdict for the defendant on the ground of no evidence to support the cause element.

All this bullshit about he shouldn't have gotten out of the truck has nothing to do with it. Someone shouldn't shoot the bird. Glare. Snick. Call names. You name it. That doesn't "cause" the killing. With a pistol .. it's pulling the trigger ... even pointing without safety ... checking if it's loaded ... for a stretch .. might be reckless ....even a miss and a strike down range ..... not what happened here. One's intentional, the other is not. Actually simple.

The government was trying to fit a square peg .. in the round whole ...

...... to get a compromise verdict .. the judge puts Zimmerman away ... he sits out the appeal .... and they get their pound of flesh ... with a bogus conviction. An abuse.
I didn't (and don't) "assume" anything ... I generally leave that up to the amateur pundits who are trying to create a slanted fact scenario to fit their agenda ... e.g. you.

Since I didn't see and hear all of the evidence the jury saw I don't have an opinion on whether the prosecution met its burden, but the jury did, and that is good enough for me.

I would prefer to put my faith in a jury rather than blogs, twitters, pundits, and talk show hosts.

There rarely is direct reliable witness testimony in a murder case, and generally only one side gets to "speak." As a consequence the prosecution is left with witnesses who had a partial view of the events, science, and forensics based on the physical evidence gathered at the scene, and perhaps elsewhere to establish a circumstantial case of the mental state of those involved, the relative position and presence of the accused and victim, the interaction between the two (or more), and the cause of death of the deceased.

In this instance the circumstantial evidence supported Zimmerman's side.

On another day and another case, the circumstantial evidence might favor the government.

Unfortunately there are some lessons to be learned from this incident, but any value will be lost or overlooked by the "noise" that apparently is going to continue for an extended period. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Yeah you did assume something and was totally wrong , reread your last reply to me, if you don't see it I'll point it out to you, like GZ you assumed something without knowing the facts.
I guess it was a good thing for GZ that he can't fight, so do you think he'll be stupid enough to follow someone again, seeing that it totally legal for him to do so.
Martin could have stopped the chain of events by going directly home and not lying in wait to confront Zimmerman in the dark. Zimmerman had already demonstrated that he was unwilling to "confront" Martin when he sat in his truck and waited for the police to arrive as Martin circled his truck. Zimmerman broke no laws by observing Martin's actions: whether from his truck or standing on a sidewalk. After all, the police dispatcher asked Zimmerman to observe: "let me know if he does anything", "just let me know if he does anything else", and "which way is he running?" Originally Posted by I B Hankering
martin was under no obligation to go home, so if TM was circling his truck GZ couldn't have spoke to him from his truck and say to TM who he was and he was neighborhood watch.
So if you come into my neighborhood visiting friends you're not allow to take a walk around unless your going directly from point A to B, since I don't know you would you mind if I followed you, hey it dark out and raining too, you don't mind me walking behind you, hell it's legal, I'll be two step behind you, it's legal, and no i'm not going to tell you why i'm following you around, now what would be going through your mind, what do you think my intentions are. hey you're a little scare now and you start running, and I give chase, would your heart start pounding in fear yet.
See you never looked at it from the person being followed, if you were following me and started chasing behind me, you better hope I don't have my weapon on me, cause you're going to be draw down on, so you better start talking fast or back the fuck up. i'll take my chance with the courts,
Yeah you did assume something and was totally wrong , reread your last reply to me, if you don't see it I'll point it out to you, like GZ you assumed something without knowing the facts. Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates
And you do?

Oh, go ahead. Humor yourself.
WTF: "I said I have no problem with our jury system."

Unfortunately there are some (IMO) impaired, short-sighted "spokespersons" mouthing off right about now, trying to pressure the DOJ to persecute Zimmerman even further with a bogus "civil rights" action, who (again IMO it sounds like) apparently are suggesting a separate standard of proof if a Black person gets killed for the trial of the alleged killer ... a lesser burden than "reasonable doubt" ... to assure that "justice is done" .... sort of an "affirmative action" prosecution scheme!

And now the incompetent U.S. Attorney General is chiming in about how wrong state's laws are ... as though it is any of his business. Next thing he'll be whining about perjury laws... and how unfair it is that a Federal appointee has to tell the truth when he testifies to Congress.

The guys are short-timers and they would do just about anything to get out of work from now until it's time to "go home"! Like ponder and investigate the death of Martin.
  • WTF
  • 07-16-2013, 05:46 PM
I don't. . Originally Posted by LexusLover
We will never know now will we?
martin was under no obligation to go home, so if TM was circling his truck GZ couldn't have spoke to him from his truck and say to TM who he was and he was neighborhood watch.
So if you come into my neighborhood visiting friends you're not allow to take a walk around unless your going directly from point A to B, since I don't know you would you mind if I followed you, hey it dark out and raining too, you don't mind me walking behind you, hell it's legal, I'll be two step behind you, it's legal, and no i'm not going to tell you why i'm following you around, now what would be going through your mind, what do you think my intentions are. hey you're a little scare now and you start running, and I give chase, would your heart start pounding in fear yet.
See you never looked at it from the person being followed, if you were following me and started chasing behind me, you better hope I don't have my weapon on me, cause you're going to be draw down on, so you better start talking fast or back the fuck up. i'll take my chance with the courts, Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates
It's trespassing when someone walks through a property owner's yard, daydreamer. It's trespassing when that someone walks through a property owner's yard and peers in windows, daydreamer. It's suspicious behavior when a stranger walks through yards and peers into homes when streets and sidewalks are available, daydreamer. Zimmerman called the police to report a suspicious character wandering aimlessly through people's yards and peering into their windows, daydreamer. The dispatcher told Zimmerman to keep him informed as to where Martin was and what he was doing, daydreamer. Zimmerman didn't want to engage or confront Martin until the police arrived, daydreamer. That's why Zimmerman didn't roll down his window and engage or confront Martin, daydreamer. Zimmerman didn't get out of his truck until he was unable to tell the dispatcher where Martin was and what he was doing, daydreamer.

Zimmerman was four minutes -- not two steps -- behind Martin, daydreamer. Martin wasn't acting at all fearful when he waited and ambushed Zimmerman in the dark, daydreamer. Martin could have made it home safely if he'd continued to walk, daydreamer. But he didn't, daydreamer. So Martin died, daydreamer. It was Martin's fault he died for being a "gangsta-wanna-be", daydreamer.

BTW, daydreamer, you sound like you'd behave like Martin did when Zimmerman shot him. Your violent nature will get you killed, daydreamer. Ask Martin, daydreamer.
The broken record is back.

Hey CORPY! I hear they're presenting final arguments tomorrow... Hurry up!
See you never looked at it from the person being followed, if you were following me and started chasing behind me, you better hope I don't have my weapon on me, cause you're going to be draw down on, so you better start talking fast or back the fuck up. i'll take my chance with the courts, Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates
So it's OK to pull a weapon and shoot someone for following you because you're scared but not for GZ to shoot TM when he was getting his ass beat and his head pounded into the sidewalk?
It's trespassing when someone walks through a property owner's yard, daydreamer. It's trespassing when that someone walks through a property owner's yard and peers in windows, daydreamer. It's suspicious behavior when a stranger walks through yards and peers into homes when streets and sidewalks are available, daydreamer. Zimmerman called the police to report a suspicious character wandering aimlessly through people's yards and peering into their windows, daydreamer. The dispatcher told Zimmerman to keep him informed as to where Martin was and what he was doing, daydreamer. Zimmerman didn't want to engage or confront Martin until the police arrived, daydreamer. That's why Zimmerman didn't roll down his window and engage or confront Martin, daydreamer. Zimmerman didn't get out of his truck until he was unable to tell the dispatcher where Martin was and what he was doing, daydreamer.

Zimmerman was four minutes -- not two steps -- behind Martin, daydreamer. Martin wasn't acting at all fearful when he waited and ambushed Zimmerman in the dark, daydreamer. Martin could have made it home safely if he'd continued to walk, daydreamer. But he didn't, daydreamer. So Martin died, daydreamer. It was Martin's fault he died for being a "gangsta-wanna-be", daydreamer.

BTW, daydreamer, you sound like you'd behave like Martin did when Zimmerman shot him. Your violent nature will get you killed, daydreamer. Ask Martin, daydreamer. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
We got a saying around here,
You don't fuck with me
I don't fuck with you
But if you fuck with me
I'm going to hurt you.... bad.

difference would be I would be carrying, I wouldn't of run and I would of shot GZ right after I told him to back the fuck up and and identify himself, if he made another step in my direction, wouldn't been a fight
fucking with me and the people I know all your legal posturing would of got you dead.
i'm not violent, but i'm not taking any chances with anybody.
We got a saying around here,
You don't fuck with me
I don't fuck with you
But if you fuck with me
I'm going to hurt you.... bad.

difference would be I would be carrying, I wouldn't of run and I would of shot GZ right after I told him to back the fuck up and and identify himself, if he made another step in my direction, wouldn't been a fight
fucking with me and the people I know all your legal posturing would of got you dead.
i'm not violent, but i'm not taking any chances with anybody. Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates
If you're walking in a neighbor's yard peering into their windows on a cold, rainy, winter's night, you damn well be ready to be fucked with, daydreamer, and you better be faster on the draw, asshole.

So it's OK to pull a weapon and shoot someone for following you because you're scared but not for GZ to shoot TM when he was getting his ass beat and his head pounded into the sidewalk? Originally Posted by Budman
+1