Trump on Obamacare

I know he's an idiot, but he seems to have gotten this one right.

“Let me get this straight. We're going to be “gifted” with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, which purportedly covers at least 10 million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it, but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a Dumbo president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a Surgeon General who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke."

That about sums it up. Thank you, Mr. Chief Justice.
"I know he's an idiot" just about covers it. Thanks for saying so.
"I know he's an idiot" just about covers it. Thanks for saying so. Originally Posted by timpage
SOF finally got something right. Trump is "an idiot!"
Trump is an idiot, but his analysis of Obamacare is spot on!
Actually, it is apparent that he also has not read one word of the bill. There is no mention of adding new agents (in fact they are prohibited from actually enforcing the penalty/tax by there usual methods) and if one reads the bill, I look at the part starting at sec. 5201 as at least trying to get additional people in the field. OK, I will grant the facts that yes, very few, if any in congress actually read the bill. However, I am pretty sure that is probably the case in most legislation passed.
You don't have to read the law to know the surgeon general is fat or 90% of what else he said. I mean if you couldn't figure out where healthcare was going the minute he appointed her, you are just stupid.
So you approve of Congress voting on unread bills. But you are right, he got the 16,000 agents number wrong. It's 16,500.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/5655
Correct, but I believe that is based on the now-repealed atrocity of the added 1099 reporting considering the date of the article. And no I don't approve of them passing unread bills. I merely expressed on opinion on it because many of them are probably just trading favors or following someone's orders.
You may be right, I don't know the date of the quote. I think the most recent estimate is around 4-5,000 new agents.

Just having the IRS involved in health care is scary enough.
According to the article, March 18, 2010. Actually a few days before passage. And yes, I agree that having the IRS involved in this is indeed scary.
Trump is an idiot, but his analysis of Obamacare is spot on! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yeah, isn't that exactly what you said in the OP? We get that you agree with someone who you have already acknowledged is an idiot. Is there more?
Timmy, I agree with idiots on some things, when they're right. For example, I agreed with you about your avatar.
It starts at the top. Ocommie hates us...
Timmy, I agree with idiots on some things, when they're right. For example, I agreed with you about your avatar. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
And I agree that you're a moron. What's the difference? You ain't said shit about the original issue. You know it, I know it, anybody who is breathing knows it. Ante up motherfucker.
This is my thread. How did I miss the original issue?