Politics CBS Hit With FCC Complaint After Editing Kamala’s ’60 Minutes’ Interview

Well that doesn't look biased at all.
A complaint doesn't mean shit. A bunch of crazy evangelicals fire off complaints every time there's a gay sex scene on television. I always wonder why they're watching.
A complaint doesn't mean shit. A bunch of crazy evangelicals fire off complaints every time there's a gay sex scene on television. I always wonder why they're watching. Originally Posted by Laugh-riot

a formal compliant requires a formal response by law.

CBS is facing a formal complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) after allegedly editing Vice President Kamala Harris’s recent appearance on ’60 Minutes.’ The network deliberately altered portions of the interview to present Harris in a more favorable light.

The complaint, accessed by Fox News, referenced established FCC guidelines that broadcasters “may not engage in intentional falsification or suppression of news.” It calls on the FCC to “direct CBS to release the complete transcript.”

“The need for the Commission’s action is strengthened by CBS’s refusal thus far to release the transcript, which it has done in similar interviews in the past,” the complaint noted. FCC complaints of this nature are rare, but they have the potential to result in fines or other penalties if the commission finds evidence of unethical broadcasting practices.
Didn't CBS have a kerfuffle over forged documents and spurious allegations by Dsn Rather against George W. Bush during his first run for president?

Reaching further back:

My recollection (I could be wrong) is that bqck in the 1970s, CBS news did an expose on cars that explded when in a rear end accident. They couldn't get it to happen on film and so rigged a car to blow up with a pyrotechnic device . . .and they got caught.
Didn't CBS have a kerfuffle over forged documents and spurious allegations by Dsn Rather against George W. Bush during his first run for president?

Reaching further back:

My recollection (I could be wrong) is that bqck in the 1970s, CBS news did an expose on cars that explded when in a rear end accident. They couldn't get it to happen on film and so rigged a car to blow up with a pyrotechnic device . . .and they got caught. Originally Posted by ICU 812
Oh, I miss the old days when they did shit like this. Beckons memories of the movie Used Cars.

But the maggies love to rag on Dan but turn a blind eye to his integrity stepping down for the Wubu story. Don't see one person at foxy with such screwples (sp). I guess you get that way when you are just use to taking the $$$$.
This is a non-story. ie. A non-story is an event or occurrence that is not newsworthy enough to be a news story, or information that is of no importance or interest. For example, "It all turned out to be a bit of a non-story".

This is only an issue for those already convinced that mainstream media bias overrides ethics. 60 minutes has responded to the accusations.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-statement/

Former President Donald Trump is accusing 60 Minutes of deceitful editing of our Oct. 7 interview with Vice President Kamala Harris. That is false.

60 Minutes gave an excerpt of our interview to Face the Nation that used a longer section of her answer than that on 60 Minutes. Same question. Same answer. But a different portion of the response. When we edit any interview, whether a politician, an athlete, or movie star, we strive to be clear, accurate and on point. The portion of her answer on 60 Minutes was more succinct, which allows time for other subjects in a wide ranging 21-minute-long segment.

Remember, Mr. Trump pulled out of his interview with 60 Minutes and the vice president participated.

Our long-standing invitation to former President Trump remains open. If he would like to discuss the issues facing the nation and the Harris interview, we would be happy to have him on 60 Minutes.
... Then 60 Minutes should just release the whole interview transcript.

That-way, they keep whatever journalistic integrity they have left.

### Salty
Oh, I miss the old days when they did shit like this. Beckons memories of the movie Used Cars.

But the maggies love to rag on Dan but turn a blind eye to his integrity stepping down for the Wubu story. Don't see one person at foxy with such screwples (sp). I guess you get that way when you are just use to taking the $$$$. Originally Posted by Precious_b

if Dan Rather had any integrity he wouldn't have aired a story he knew was false., yeah?

This is a non-story. ie. A non-story is an event or occurrence that is not newsworthy enough to be a news story, or information that is of no importance or interest. For example, "It all turned out to be a bit of a non-story".

This is only an issue for those already convinced that mainstream media bias overrides ethics. 60 minutes has responded to the accusations.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-statement/

Former President Donald Trump is accusing 60 Minutes of deceitful editing of our Oct. 7 interview with Vice President Kamala Harris. That is false.

60 Minutes gave an excerpt of our interview to Face the Nation that used a longer section of her answer than that on 60 Minutes. Same question. Same answer. But a different portion of the response. When we edit any interview, whether a politician, an athlete, or movie star, we strive to be clear, accurate and on point. The portion of her answer on 60 Minutes was more succinct, which allows time for other subjects in a wide ranging 21-minute-long segment.

Remember, Mr. Trump pulled out of his interview with 60 Minutes and the vice president participated.

Our long-standing invitation to former President Trump remains open. If he would like to discuss the issues facing the nation and the Harris interview, we would be happy to have him on 60 Minutes. Originally Posted by txdot-guy

well. interesting. didn't you claim the excerpt wasn't from 60 Minutes? now you say it is, but it was edited?

it's been shown here and by the media the answer was not edited, it was replaced with a different answer.

... Then 60 Minutes should just release the whole interview transcript.

That-way, they keep whatever journalistic integrity they have left.

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again

they will. on Nov 6th.

bahahahahahaaa
well. interesting. didn't you claim the excerpt wasn't from 60 Minutes? now you say it is, but it was edited?

bahahahahahaaa Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
That was not my post. I think you are thinking about this post.

Exactly, those were her words. The editied content did not come from CBS.

@Waco, no story here, just a nothing burger. Trump is right CBS would not do that for him, however, Fox News sure would. Hannity, Laura "I can't get a date" Ingrahm and Cyrus from The Five Originally Posted by adav8s28
I’m not sure what exactly happened at 60 minutes but I do know that it is a bullshit story. 60 minutes never claimed the interview wasn’t edited. The answer was truthful. That’s all I’m concerned with. I also think this is highly hypocritical considering how often right wing media gives Trump a pass for the racist, fascist, sexist, and straight up stupid things he says.

Again I would urge people to read up on sanewashing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanewashing