Tea Spa in Lawrence closed for 14 days

To the editor: Lawrence is much, much closer to Kansas City than it is to Wichita. Leave this here.

I spoke with Kiko today on the phone. She said that a room mate of a girl working there has tested positive. So Kiko was told to close for 14 days and stay home.
Awesome mods left it here and put it in Wichita!
I put it in Wichita as well. They have trouble imagining the Kansas-Missouri border.
I put it in Wichita as well. They have trouble imagining the Kansas-Missouri border. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
There is no way I would go to Larryville right now. With so many students testing positive and you know they are hitting up all the places in town. You are pretty guaranteed to test positive for COVID after visiting one of these establishments.
To the editor: Lawrence is much, much closer to Kansas City than it is to Wichita. Leave this here.

I spoke with Kiko today on the phone. She said that a room mate of a girl working there has tested positive. So Kiko was told to close for 14 days and stay home. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Thanks for the info.
There is no way I would go to Larryville right now. With so many students testing positive and you know they are hitting up all the places in town. You are pretty guaranteed to test positive for COVID after visiting one of these establishments. Originally Posted by TheLowDown
You are so right, haven't been there since this all started. Might wait till next year.
Do you really think poor college students are dropping $100 or more at these amps? I highly doubt it. I’m pretty sure they have access to cheaper/better puss on campus.
Agree. I've spent a lot of time there. Never saw a college kid. 40s and older.
Doesn’t matter if the college kids are seeing the amps or not,, the older locals are undoubtedly mixing it up with them at bars and such. A concentrated area with high infection is super dangerous. Don’t understand estimate how communicable this virus is.
The virus isn't lethal enough to call any area "super dangerous" other than a nursing home. It's not the flu but it isn't ebola either. As a Lawrence resident in his 40s, I would definitely wear a mask and only do 30 min sessions but other than that, I'm not particularly concerned with AMPs. In the history of this virus, Lawrence has only had 257 cases for those between 35-64. We have roughly 525 active cases, which is a lot more than before the kids came back, but the vast majority of those are college kids and were discovered when the university did mass testing of all students and staff to begin the semester. It's definitely going to get worse as the students (plague rats) spread the virus but as of now I'm not overly concerned.