Best Italian Food ?

• MrGiz
  • 02-11-2010, 02:16 PM
I've been here for four years.... still not an an restaraunt expert....

Best Italian Restarunts in Hot Springs ?
- Belle Arti ?
- Facci's ?
- Jahna's
- J & S Italian Villa ?
- Via Roma ?

Best Italian Restaraunts in Little Rock ?

Opinions welcomed...

Giz
Hot Springs: Facci's.

Little Rock:
Cafe Prego in the Heights
Ciao's on w 7th downtown.
  • MrGiz
  • 02-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Hot Springs: Facci's.

Little Rock:
Cafe Prego in the Heights
Ciao's on w 7th downtown. Originally Posted by Slingerland
Thanks! We're more interested in Hot Springs.... but have you been to Bruno's in Little Rock? We have, and liked it.... just wondering what the locals think of the place... as far as consistency goes?
Brunos is awesome everytime.
but my atf is carinos just love the atmosphere. and really love the food. the one in littlerock is the best off cantrel. I ventured over the river once to the one in nlr, its ok. but little rock has it locked down.
I've been to Bruno's a few times, but his food is more Sicilian and my tastes run more Neopolitan. To me, Bruno's has too much garlic.

Ciao's and Cafe Prego are both family owned restaurants, and wonderful. They can tweak the menu for you, if you know what to say (wink wink.) Another great restaurant is Zaffino's in Sherwood. It's owned by a little old lady from Milan.

Facci's has a special place in my heart. Back in the 1990s I was part of an Italian car club. In 1997 we had a car show in the Hot Springs Mall (my 85 Alfa won "Best Daily Driver.") After the car show, we all wanted to hang out, so we drove to Facci's.

This was in the original building before it burned. Picture that parking lot with Alfas, Maseratis, Ferraris, a Pantera or do, and a line of Ducatti motorcyles.

It was a damned good night!
  • HSP
  • 02-11-2010, 05:32 PM
The Capriccio Grill at the Peabody is excellent! Not your typical hotel food
Carino's for consistency has been awfully good but still a franchise. I still yearn for good old NY style italian food though. Let me know if there is still an Italian Car club. I have a Ferrari Mondial Cabriolet and am looking at buying a Maserati Gran Sport as well. Love the Italian Sound.
Macaroni grill. Yum.
I agree Slingerland Zaffinos is hands down the best... The atmosphere is always amazing as is the food...

But a close second is Carinos in Little Rock...
  • MrGiz
  • 02-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Kool.... I know where we're going to eat when I get home in early March!!

If those two are as good as Bruno's.... we'll be happy!

We went to Facci's in Hot Springs last Thurs night.... we were the only table in the house!.... the only hungry fools out on the roads that night!

It was very good!... not great.... the quest continues....

Thanks!! Keep the suggestions cumming...

Giz
Luigi's is great, even though it's not very fancy. There's one in Southwest LR & one in Bryant.

I love their fried Portabello Mushrooms! Their pizza is awesome (homemade Italian Sausage) & it's very reasonably priced.
I'm partial to Bruno's, especially their garlic bread! Slingerland's right, they do tend to be a bit more Sicilian. Their veal dishes are good and I'll lean more toward the Northern Italian style of Ciao's.

Zaffino's in Sherwood is great too and authentic, but for some reason I forget about it, even though it's close by. Thanks Slingerland for reminding me.

Lulav's on 7th street close to the Lafayette building . . . haven't eaten there yet, but did make Wino Wednesday's for happy hour! Nice flight of wines for $8. The menu looks great.

Anyone been to Ciao's in Hillcrest? Quaint location, but haven't been there.
Ciao Bacci in Hillcrest was opened by the people who opened the original Ciao's on 7th and Spring. However they sold the original Ciao's shortly after and changed the menu at Ciao Bacci.

I don't know if Ciao Bacci is still owned by the people who opened it.